Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Anyone else seeing this ?
Various people are seeing various things.

There are too many variables at play for answers to generic open questions like that to be meaningful in your case.

You should log in on the country version of the Air France website that originally issued your ticket (if the one you are using to view the booking doesn't match the one you used to book the ticket, it usually gives you a link to click on to move to the correct country version).

You can also use the KLM website to view the booking, and select seats.

There are so many tickets, and so many variables, and so many bugs on the airlines website that, at any one time, someone will see something wrong.

The solution is for you to do something else to achieve what it is you want...
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points
There are are few reports of those who have booked travel for tomorrow have had their tickets canceled already.
Shocker.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfingboy
If one books non-refundable positioning airfare as part of this trip, will AF/DL be on the hook for covering the cost of the non-refundable airfare?
Why risk it? And especially so soon?

Unless you are travelling in the next hours/days, wait a while. Or use miles. They come in perfect for situations like this!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:39 pm

Booked mine through Chase Ultimare Rewards. Reservation was confirmed but did not ticket for a while. Went back in to check and its no longer showing in my Flying Blue account. Looks like they're not honoring it.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:46 pm

If your ticket gets cancelled, please provide us with some data point information

Departure Date (month/year):
Departure City (SFO/LAX):
Round Trip/One Way:
Ticket Stock (AF/DL):
How you booked the ticket (Expedia/Direct/Delta):

Last edited by sgan317; Dec 19, 2017 at 1:51 pm Reason: Adding more data points
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sgan317
If your ticket gets cancelled, please provide us with some data point information

Departure Date (month/year):
Departure City (SFO/LAX):
Round Trip/One Way:
Ticket Stock (AF/DL):
Sorry, but this is likely pointless.

It's not as if they will "forget" to cancel 006 tickets from LAX, or "miss" 057 tickets for travel in January, etc etc.

And do we really want hundreds of such posts flooding the thread when that happens?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28

It's not as if they will "forget" to cancel 006 tickets from LAX, or "miss" 057 tickets for travel in January, etc etc.
Im not suggesting that they will forget. Im suggesting certain combinations could be honored based of a number of factors. With the Swiss Air First deal they left the tickets people booked via Miles & More and United and cancelled Aeroplan's tickets. We can likely infer similar information by taking data
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:55 pm

Im not suggesting that they will forget. Im suggesting certain combinations could be honored based of a number of factors. With the Swiss Air First deal they left the tickets people booked via Miles & More and United and cancelled Aeroplan's tickets. We can likely infer similar information by taking data
Hopefully they honor tix booked thru AF website...doubt it tho
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Correct me if I’m wrong but if departure is within two weeks and gets cancelled you should be eligible for EU compensation right?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're not even asking for where the ticket was booked [and rightly so; there are far fewer variables at play here. This will be an all-or-nothing deal]. So, in your example, you wouldn't even have noticed the pattern.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
I'm inclined to agree with irishguy28. If they cancel one, they'll cancel them all - exceptions to the rule aren't likely to have any consistent pattern behind them and that is based on most great sale fares I have seen in the past few years.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

And do we really want hundreds of such posts flooding the thread when that happens?
Who said they need to forget? On the recent AKL-OAK mistake fare 006 issued tickets were honored, while VA tickets were not.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:59 pm

You're not even asking for where the ticket was booked [and rightly so; there are far fewer variables at play here. This will be an all-or-nothing deal]. So, in your example, you wouldn't even have noticed the pattern.
Re-check. I though about that and re-edited before you even said it
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gabrca
Correct me if I’m wrong but if departure is within two weeks and gets cancelled you should be eligible for EU compensation right?
No, you are not.

If they cancel it is because they dispute the validity of your ticket. EC261/2004 is predicated on both parties accepting that the airline was unable to deliver upon a validly-concluded contract for travel.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:01 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Why risk it? And especially so soon?
Why wait when I know I have a ticketed reservation to LHR? From my understanding, if they decide to renege on this contract then its their obligation to cover non-refundable expenses. They have a choice either honor or eat the cost - I like to take care of things in advance when I have something confirmed on my end.

Originally Posted by bilar204
Booked mine through Chase Ultimare Rewards. Reservation was confirmed but did not ticket for a while. Went back in to check and its no longer showing in my Flying Blue account. Looks like they're not honoring it.
Very possible with third party when there is a manual process involved, by the time an agent or the UR travel agency began processing the ticket the fare was no longer valid hence the pending ticket getting dropped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.