Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Click "OK" on the button to the right of your email address on the line "Receive e-mail confirmation" when looking at your reservation on the AF website
Maybe not.

Due to technical problems, your Trip Summary request could not be submitted. Please try again later or contact customer service at: 1-800-992-3932.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Maybe not.
Lay off the margaritas, girl!!!

margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhamsan01
At this point no news is good news?
AT this point: no.

AT the point where you are about to board the last of your flights: indubitably.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by irishguy28
AT this point: no.

AT the point where you are about to board the last of your flights: indubitably.
I've been around for a while, but this is my first time actually being able to take advantage of an error fare like this. We're still early in the process, anything can happen. No news in a week would be better.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:15 pm

Nice Xmas Flash Sale!

Thanks AF!
irishguy28, Tibor and ron187 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
For those familiar with DL systems. I have my ticket credited to my DL account, so it's not showing up on my AF account - only if I manually search for the reservation. It's also not showing up on my DL account. Is there a mechanism to make it do so? I've tried searching for the confirmation and ticket #s and DL.com can not find either.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by angra
For those familiar with DL systems. I have my ticket credited to my DL account, so it's not showing up on my AF account - only if I manually search for the reservation. It's also not showing up on my DL account. Is there a mechanism to make it do so? I've tried searching for the confirmation and ticket #s and DL.com can not find either.
If you bought the ticket from AF, and it's AF ticketed, you will go to AF to check the flight details and not DL. Even if you have your SkyMiles account linked in the AF website, it will not show up under 'My Trips' on the DL website or show using the AF confirmation code (as they are different systems).

You will be able to look it up using the confirmation code + your last name on the AF website, but not at all through Delta.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by manacit
If you bought the ticket from AF, and it's AF ticketed, you will go to AF to check the flight details and not DL. Even if you have your SkyMiles account linked in the AF website, it will not show up under 'My Trips' on the DL website or show using the AF confirmation code (as they are different systems).

You will be able to look it up using the confirmation code + your last name on the AF website, but not at all through Delta.
I was hoping with the JV they might have better data sharing or a more integrated system, but everything you said above makes total sense. Thanks. Obviously I can do what I need via the AF website, it's just not as convenient since most of my flights are on DL.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by angra
I was hoping with the JV they might have better data sharing or a more integrated system, but everything you said above makes total sense. Thanks. Obviously I can do what I need via the AF website, it's just not as convenient since most of my flights are on DL.
The exception to this (thankfully) is that DL PM/DM (and probably GM/FO) phone support is shared across AF/KLM/DL, so you can call the Diamond line and have them help with the booking. It will also take a bit longer to post on the other end (and I do hope we get that far) than a DL flight, but that's not super unexpected.

One annoyance that I have about this is that adding your SkyMiles number to the reservation removes it from your FB account, so you can't just log in and see upcoming flights.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:30 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

If one books non-refundable positioning airfare as part of this trip, will AF/DL be on the hook for covering the cost of the non-refundable airfare?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manacit
One annoyance that I have about this is that adding your SkyMiles number to the reservation removes it from your FB account, so you can't just log in and see upcoming flights.
That's the price you have to pay for changing the FFP. It would be weird if you could associate two or more FFP numbers with a single booking, expect it to show up when logged in to any of these accounts, and still post to the one particular programme that you want.

(The way you indicate which one programme you want it to post to, is by having only one such programme associated with the booking!)
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
I managed to do two bookings (with e-tickets issued), one just for me in March SFO-LHR-SFO (with 14 hour layover in LHR...) And a second one for my parents and I as a one way SFO-LHR in April. While I can still select my seats on the first reservation, I cannot modify my seats on the second booking for the SFO-CDG leg (the fourth seat of the cabin is still available). It says that the seat selection cannot be changed on the US website... I can however still select all seats on the CDG-LHR segment... Anyone else seeing this ?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:33 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by golfingboy
If one books non-refundable positioning airfare as part of this trip, will AF/DL be on the hook for covering the cost of the non-refundable airfare?
accorsing to DOT, yes. But apparently this hasn’t been tested much. So YMMV
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
There are are few reports of those who have booked travel for tomorrow have had their tickets canceled already.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Renes Points
There are are few reports of those who have booked travel for tomorrow have had their tickets canceled already.
Welp - it was fun while it lasted...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.