Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Then I invite you to please post your changed return (inbound) date showing a change fee of $0....
Not sure what your screen shot of a current one way ticket price is supposed to prove.
The fare rules state that one can change flights (other than the 1st flight) at the fare in effect on when ticketed was issued (aka original fare).
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by RunningforMiles

Where can you find the second document? I only received the electronic ticket document by email.
Click "OK" on the button to the right of your email address on the line "Receive e-mail confirmation" when looking at your reservation on the AF website
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:44 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

Where can you find the second document? I only received the electronic ticket document by email.
I second this!

Is it only because his flight is tomorrow, perhaps, that he received that other part?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by 355F1
I second this!

Is it only because his flight is tomorrow, perhaps, that he received that other part?
No, as posted above it comes from requesting email confirmation from website. My flight isn't for months and still shows 108 USD (OW) on the "Voyage Billet" document emailed.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Not sure what your screen shot of a current one way ticket price is supposed to prove.
The fare rules state that one can change flights (other than the 1st flight) at the original pricing unit (aka original fare).
That is not a screen shot of the current one way ticket price - it is the screen shot resulting from a request to change the existing ticket, booked under the same fare rules as yours, and which I already changed earlier for free (Hence the headline: "Select your new inbound flight". That is not text that would be presented on the website when searching for a new one-way ticket).

I know exactly what the fare rules state.

I already used those fare rules to make a change for free.

Now, however, it is not possible to change ANY part of the ticket without incurring a hefty fee.

You are relying on the fare rules, despite EVERY other person on this thread who has checked whether it can now be changed for free reporting that it is no longer possible to change the ticket without incurring a fee.

As someone who has checked, and changed for free, and then checked again, I am telling you that it is not possible to change anything for free at present.

As you don't seem to accept my version of events, I am asking for you to show me that you - and you alone - still retain the ability to change for free, as per the fare rules.

Please indulge me - and yourself, by proving me wrong
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Click "OK" on the button to the right of your email address on the line "Receive e-mail confirmation" when looking at your reservation on the AF website
I did that but nothing happened.

And no additional email from AF yet....

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
Awesome, thanks! Unfortunately mine shows price paid.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Wow, this thread blew up quickly since I last checked it this AM. I thought I'd submit an interesting data point. I booked two one way fares from LAX-LHR, both were purchased for $635. I then went in to manage my reservations to add my Delta FF# to each ticket. One of the tickets estimates that I'll earn 21,339 miles while the other estimates that I'll only earn 3,494 miles. Both fares appeared to be the same at the time of booking so I'm not sure what's driving the difference. Just thought I'd throw that out there to see if anyone else is having a similar experience.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by trapped
Wow, this thread blew up quickly since I last checked it this AM. I thought I'd submit an interesting data point. I booked two one way fares from LAX-LHR, both were purchased for $635. I then went in to manage my reservations to add my Delta FF# to each ticket. One of the tickets estimates that I'll earn 21,339 miles while the other estimates that I'll only earn 3,494 miles. Both fares appeared to be the same at the time of booking so I'm not sure what's driving the difference. Just thought I'd throw that out there to see if anyone else is having a similar experience.

The difference is going to be in the flights you booked. Im willing to bet 1 has DL flight numbers and the other has AF flight numbers. The other thing it could be is the time of year. If your flying before or after AF goes revenue based on May 1, 2018.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those are the FB earning rates, and FB goes revenue based (4 miles per € up to 8 miles per € depending on status) effective 1 April 2018.

One of your tickets is entirely before this date (and so earns at a 300% basis on distance travelled), while the other is based solely on the price paid.

As already noted upthread!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM

I'm having trouble understanding this part. What is the consequence of the price matching or not? Mine seems to match.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist

Mine as well. At this point no news is good news?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Are the travel dates before or after March 31?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by angra
I'm having trouble understanding this part. What is the consequence of the price matching or not? Mine seems to match.
the price not matching is an indication that someone manually reissued the ticket for something closer to the real value. this is likely done because yutuyu is going to travel imminently. in my opinion, it doesn't have a lot of bearing on the probability that reservations further on down the road are or are not going to be honored. that probability is more likely controlled by the total number of tickets issued and the potential lost revenue because of it. this is likely to be a very, very big $ number and none of us knows when AF says "that $ value is too big, cancel them all".
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angra
This all popped up in relation to a poster who managed to get a ticket somehow reissued, and whose new confirmation shows a price far in excess of the actual price paid. [My understanding is that that same poster is travelling very soon, so in any event, would have almost certainly been able to use the ticket regardless of what happens the rest of them, going forward. With these "special deals", it is always beneficial if one can depart almost immediately.]

It seems as if they may have, whille on the phone for an hour (!), successfully persuaded the agent to reissue a ticket using a different fare basis but without incurring any fee recollection.

It's certainly an unusual case, and nobody who simply booked the ticket online and made no contact can expect to receive e-tickets or confirmations showing anything other than the (low) price actually paid.

And no! You should not ring up now, demanding a sympathetic agent to manually reissue the ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.