FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1883560-prem-fare-gone-af-business-class-lax-lhr-1515-a.html)

CDKing Dec 19, 2017 11:17 am

I just bought my positioning flights in First Class to San Francisco on Swiss :D

swingaling Dec 19, 2017 11:17 am

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 29193183)
ONE-WAY base fare for FFFWUS jumped from $100 to $12629 when they "fixed" the fare. Not the more typical dropped digits. Not sure how they goofed this one...

That $100 fare looks like a placeholder figure used internally prior to finalizing/publishing the fares. It's certainly not a currency conversion issue. Anyway, just a guess.

irishguy28 Dec 19, 2017 11:20 am

Originally Posted by yutuyu (Post 29193171)
Good morning folk.
Good news, fare is honoured.
Just spent 1hr+ on the AF Platinum line (+33 (0)1 85 14 82 23) because I put on hold my second booking, and was not able to pay it online after.
Agent we're shocked of the price, didn't want to confirm the ticket at this price.
Asked for a supervisor, who after an hour on the line, sent me the confirmation and ETKT number.
He confirmed me he spoke with his superior and they accepted the error.
Have a nice flights guys!

It is not for some call-centre supervisor to decide.

coffee18 Dec 19, 2017 11:24 am

I believe we are slowly transitioning from the euphoria phase to the "worried but hoping for the best" phase.

irishguy28 Dec 19, 2017 11:24 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 29193233)
I just bought my positioning flights in First Class to San Francisco on Swiss :D

via Rangoon and Montréal? :D :D :D

Madone59 Dec 19, 2017 11:24 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 29193233)

I got my positioning flight on Swiss too! Did you book through Air Canada?

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29193267)

HAHA #Deepcuts!

Originally Posted by coffee18 (Post 29193264)
I believe we are slowly transitioning from the euphoria phase to the "worried but hoping for the best" phase.

I have been there the whole time. Join me.

margarita girl Dec 19, 2017 11:25 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29192864)
Are you sure you are using the correct confirmation number?

(For the avoidance of all doubt: You need to look this up on the Air France or KLM websites; if booked directly from Air France, the Amadeus PNR won't work on any other website)

If you are using a Delta-issued PNR, then that won't work on the Air France website (the airlines, though partners, use different GDSes)

Where would I get the AF PNR if I have a DL PNR (booked on delta.com).

SFO777 Dec 19, 2017 11:28 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29193084)
Hah! So you admit that there is something less than perfect about some forms of AF P!

LOL. You got me on that one. :D

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29193151)
Two orders of magnitude means a factor of 100.
You surely don't mean to suggest that the going rate shoud have been $151,500????
(Or maybe you intended to give the fare in cents - in which case, it's correct and all's well :D :D :D)

The base fare on my RTs is $216, so $21,600 base would be about right.

mikena Dec 19, 2017 11:30 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 29193271)
Where would I get the AF PNR if I have a DL PNR (booked on delta.com).

add DL ticket # on AF website

CDKing Dec 19, 2017 11:31 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29193267)

Of course, How else am i going to get to SFO from Myanmar :p

northdakota Dec 19, 2017 11:31 am

Spoke with someone who is knowledgeable on the situation and Delta is responsible for pricing these AF F fares. Let's hope the recent ATL madness will result in AF/DL honoring these fares and avoiding more bad press. Possible Delta will cut AF a check for any losses.

swingaling Dec 19, 2017 11:31 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29193095)
I think someone may have confused "Premium Economy" with "La Première".

(Don't Americans speak French? :D :D :D)

This American does.... Though I can't imagine there's a huge number of Americans working at AF HQ.

manacit Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am

Originally Posted by northdakota (Post 29193293)
Spoke with someone who is knowledgeable on the situation and Delta is responsible for pricing these AF F fares. Let's hope the recent ATL madness will result in AF/DL honoring these fares and avoiding more bad press. Possible Delta will cut AF a check for any losses.

Very genuinely curious how something like this would work. The fares weren't exclusively available via DL, I bought my ticket direct on the AF website, which I believe is a different distribution system than what DL uses. How would they be able to fat-finger this, logistically?

margarita girl Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am

Originally Posted by mikena (Post 29193291)
add DL ticket # on AF website

Awesome! That worked. Thank you!

golfingboy Dec 19, 2017 11:35 am

Originally Posted by northdakota (Post 29193293)

Doesn't make sense - or you are saying DL has control over how much AF charges their fare? I booked my ticket on AF.com with AF flight numbers.

Yes, they are JV partners and do work together on pricing fares, but I suspect both airlines still independently determine and file their own fares.