Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: Aeromexico : LAX - LIM $623 RT

[Premium Fare Gone]: Aeromexico : LAX - LIM $623 RT

Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Do they fly wodebodies anywhere in the US? I saw this on one of the infamous blogs and it seems to be available from quite a few points in the US, some for less.
Think only JFK anymore
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: M&M
I would have jumped on this but after my last MEX transit experience I think I will pass.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by BaliLoverNL
I would have jumped on this but after my last MEX transit experience I think I will pass.
Agreed, not the greatest as far as hard or soft product, but at least for me, its all about the MQD. Was looking to keep DM for another year and this easy does it.
One SEA-SCL trip (which while decent value, is not as good as JFK-SCL, but am west coast so easier to jump to SEA), then 3 LAX-LIM trips and have MQD taken care of to keep DM for another year.
Already actually had the miles to carry over from this this year. Just didn't have the MQD and not gonna even try to do the $250k MQD waiver via Reserve. Will just put $60k on it and put it away.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Hi all – I'm a United Platinum traveler. I was able to book a ORD - LIM in February and a MCO - SCL in March. To which program would you recommend accruing miles? Delta SkyMiles?

Another piece of the puzzle: I work for a French company and flight once or twice a year BOS - CDG. Would AirFrance FlyBlue would make sense?

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:09 pm

@casver87, you might want to check out these resources to see what fits you best

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
vs
https://flyingblue.com/calculator/earn.html
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:34 am

Looks like the deal is dead. Copa has LAX-UIO for under $1k if someone is desperate for *A miles or a trip to the Galapagos, but that is still twice the price AM had a few days ago for a subpar 737 J experience.

Last edited by downinit; Dec 18, 2017 at 9:57 am
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Agreed, not the greatest as far as hard or soft product, but at least for me, its all about the MQD. Was looking to keep DM for another year and this easy does it.
One SEA-SCL trip (which while decent value, is not as good as JFK-SCL, but am west coast so easier to jump to SEA), then 3 LAX-LIM trips and have MQD taken care of to keep DM for another year.
Already actually had the miles to carry over from this this year. Just didn't have the MQD and not gonna even try to do the $250k MQD waiver via Reserve. Will just put $60k on it and put it away.
Or so I thought on these flights I would get the MQD (and MQM's) but now been flighting with Delta to first give the credit for flight because even though the reservation and checkin had my DL SM #, waited 2 months and never had anything applied. Now with tickets and boarding passes Delta flight apply the credit to account, but not correct. They state their system is show it as a "T" fare basis. Which is coach as far as I know, which it was not. So more back and forth it seems for me on this. Think I will go to AeroMexico and work that angle.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Or so I thought on these flights I would get the MQD (and MQM's) but now been flighting with Delta to first give the credit for flight because even though the reservation and checkin had my DL SM #, waited 2 months and never had anything applied. Now with tickets and boarding passes Delta flight apply the credit to account, but not correct. They state their system is show it as a "T" fare basis. Which is coach as far as I know, which it was not. So more back and forth it seems for me on this. Think I will go to AeroMexico and work that angle.
How did you submit the mileage request? Online? Fax? Mail?

My trip to LIM was posted a few days after travels; while I had to submit a mileage request for my trip to SCL. Both trips, however, Delta posted 150% MQM instead of 200% (per the grandfathered rule). Had to submit additional claims to get those posted separately.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:00 pm

Submitted via online, then via email discussions the boarding passes and then the booking email and the E-Ticket email.
Did one SCL trip this year (from SEA) and it was at least tracked for the 150% MQM rate (and correct MQD) but had to just ask to "fix" the MQM

This one I waited about 6 weeks and started requesting because nothing was showing up.

Makes me wonder what about the one I just came back on this weekend (and one more going in Oct)
For a total of 3.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:32 pm

I was very happy when I found out that the MEX-LIM segments were changed to the 737 Max. Overall, the new planes are a big improvement over the older ones (still reclining, but who cares for this price?) My big complaint about the new Clase Premiere seats on the Max is that they swapped out the useful (when working) leg rest for a completely worthless footrest that serves no purpose for anyone. I was also surprised on the final MEX-LAX segment to see that there were only three people in J, including my husband and myself. The upgrade list showed 6 people, but apparently none of them showed up??? I can't imagine why no one put in a bid for an upgrade, especially since it was a PM flight with a full dinner and drink service. Since I normally fly Y, the ghetto J recliner was still a big step-up for me.

The hassle of flying through MEX would make me think twice about ever paying a normal price for this itinerary, especially considering how horrible the immigration line was at MEX in the morning on our outbound flights. There was a sign for int'l to int'l transfers, but that door was closed and everyone had to head down to the main immigration line, which wound over every square meter of the hall. This cut our time in the lounge quite considerably on a fairly short layover. Fortunately, we had a 14 hour layover on our flight back home, which allowed us to take a leisurely trip to Teotihuacan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.