Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Aeromexico US-SCL J $1,000(ish)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Aeromexico US-SCL J $1,000(ish)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:54 pm

thanks @15cats. Very interesting regarding checked bags all the way thru to SCL from JFK. Would not have expected that transiting thru MEX. Wont personally have any checked bags departing SEA, but would be interesting to hear if the same occurs.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
Three weeks after flight and no credit from DL, despite mailing in my boarding passes. Going to have to go the phone route I guess.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AdamNP
Three weeks after flight and no credit from DL, despite mailing in my boarding passes. Going to have to go the phone route I guess.
That's unusual, they're normally far more responsive. May be worth filing online again if you're not in a hurry to get the credit.

Filing myself, no credit for a flight that ended last Monday.

G'luck.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 15cats
...AM lounge at MEX is blah. Barely any empty seats, no hot food, and didn't appear to be showers... It's pretty average for a business class lounge - or the drink to arrive.
You are correct about seating, hot food is only occasionally, but there are some showers- you sign up in the Spa.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by ChuckieB
That's unusual, they're normally far more responsive. May be worth filing online again if you're not in a hurry to get the credit.

Filing myself, no credit for a flight that ended last Monday.

G'luck.
I just got off the phone with DL, and the representative, who was very helpful, found out that whatever department that deals with this is currently opening mail from Feb 1st.... So I guess I give it a few more weeks. Considering the DL credit was the sole reason for buying the ticket, it better post eventually. Filing online does not work, as it's AM ticketed.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
I just returned a couple of days ago from the sister fare JFK-LIM. My delta miles have posted already. I don't know if it's related, but when I went to do online check-in for JFK-LIM, I got redirected to the Delta website and I could see my trip there just like any Delta trip, with a Delta PNR (different than the AM PNR of course). Maybe the fact that Delta handles the AM check in process in JFK somehow helped with linking everything well, causing the miles to post with no issues.

Also I confirm that there is no need to pick up bags in MEX. I was standing like an idiot for a while at the baggage belt, waiting for my bag that never arrived, until an airport worker asked me where I was going and told me that my bag would get to LIM automatically.

Last edited by apk123; Feb 27, 2018 at 11:42 am
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Had anybody had any luck changing the dates on this fare or cancelling and getting a refund? I know they're non-refundable but hey they might want to offload the dirt cheap fares and refund them vs honor them. Reason I ask is I may now have a conflict on the dates I booked.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Had anybody had any luck changing the dates on this fare or cancelling and getting a refund? I know they're non-refundable but hey they might want to offload the dirt cheap fares and refund them vs honor them. Reason I ask is I may now have a conflict on the dates I booked.
They'll change it if there is a change of flight time. Which is common with AM.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Considering the long leg on the 789 was less than half full in J both ways on my flights, they may not be all that eager to refund even a low fare. Seems like they are having trouble filling this route in the premium cabins.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AdamNP
Seems like they are having trouble filling this route in the premium cabins.
Well, they're a 3rd rate carrier with crap service. It's not really that surprising.

Last time I flew with AM, admittedly on an error fare in economy from IAH-AMS, I got an email from some sales rep at AM trying to sell me on a discounted buy up to J on the 787. Funny thing was he sent it to all PAX and failed to BCC people. This is the email I got, screenshotted from my Gmail. Below is my response:

So I figured I'd counter:

Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are the showers in the AM lounge free? Does AM use the AF lounge for the 1am departure JFK-MEX? What about the 5pm departure JFK-MEX?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:50 am
soy

Programs: various
It appears this fare is gone and that this thread should be moved to the discussion forum
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:41 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are the showers in the AM lounge free? Does AM use the AF lounge for the 1am departure JFK-MEX? What about the 5pm departure JFK-MEX?
When I flew out on that flight, right before the Delta/AM tie up, I got an invite to the AF lounge. PS, as Diamond you can usually get access to the AF lounge when flying out of Terminal 1, even if the contract lounge given to you is not the AF one. IE on my last flight on China Eastern, given access to the horrendous KAL lounge, but walked into AF instead.

After the DL/AM JV, does AM still fly out of terminal 1? Im booked on AM 409/408 with the lie flats, and those all go out of terminal 4.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I am shocked that no one has reported on how bad the service schedule is on these flights. It is beyond understandable, but in line with the silly way that other airlines like Copa and Avianca do their service. For example, the daytime MEX-SCL flight leaves at 1015am. It's perfect lunch time schedule for a full, three-course meal in business. Instead AM serves a one-tray snack one hour after takeoff on a 7h15m flight. Three hours into the flight when everyone is fast asleep or working, they begin the main meal service (3h15m to go to SCL). It, too, is a cheap, one-tray affair unlike the three-course serving suggestion in the printed menu. On my flights, the amuse bouche was always forgotten. Refills are upon request only, and wine isn't even on the carts for the first service. The main meal finishes with 2h45m to go, and most people were suddenly awakened; what a weird way to serve meals. Would love to know the rationale, but it's no wonder AM must price flights this low for such abysmal service.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I am shocked that no one has reported on how bad the service schedule is on these flights. It is beyond understandable, but in line with the silly way that other airlines like Copa and Avianca do their service. For example, the daytime MEX-SCL flight leaves at 1015am. It's perfect lunch time schedule for a full, three-course meal in business. Instead AM serves a one-tray snack one hour after takeoff on a 7h15m flight. Three hours into the flight when everyone is fast asleep or working, they begin the main meal service (3h15m to go to SCL). It, too, is a cheap, one-tray affair unlike the three-course serving suggestion in the printed menu. On my flights, the amuse bouche was always forgotten. Refills are upon request only, and wine isn't even on the carts for the first service. The main meal finishes with 2h45m to go, and most people were suddenly awakened; what a weird way to serve meals. Would love to know the rationale, but it's no wonder AM must price flights this low for such abysmal service.
Aeromexico is by far one of the worst legacy airlines I've ever flown for meals and service. The problem is that the choices into Latin America are far and few between.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.