Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Aeromexico US-SCL J $1,000(ish)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Aeromexico US-SCL J $1,000(ish)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Repooc17
AM changed the MCO-MEX segment of my reservation from AM441 to AM435, now departing 2 hours later. Probably won't need to do an overnight stay anymore at MCO for positioning.
I believe this is due to cancellation of AM441. FYI, if you try to book MCO-SCL at the moment the only flight out of MCO available is AM437. I'm glad I chose MCO rather than JFK given my upcoming trip will also be during peak travel period.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:56 pm

How is check in handled for jfk -Mex-scl? The AM website and app say that check in is handled by delta and to go to delta.com, but delta.com doesn’t recognize the record locator or ticket number. Does one have to go to the check in counters at t4? Or would a skyclub representative be able to handle the check in at JFK or the positioning flight city so one wouldn’t have to leave security from a positioning flight? Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
I believe this is due to cancellation of AM441. FYI, if you try to book MCO-SCL at the moment the only flight out of MCO available is AM437. I'm glad I chose MCO rather than JFK given my upcoming trip will also be during peak travel period.
Thanks for the intel.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone know what the cancellation fee on this ticket is?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Nolala
How is check in handled for jfk -Mex-scl? The AM website and app say that check in is handled by delta and to go to delta.com, but delta.com doesn’t recognize the record locator or ticket number. Does one have to go to the check in counters at t4? Or would a skyclub representative be able to handle the check in at JFK or the positioning flight city so one wouldn’t have to leave security from a positioning flight? Thanks!
I was supposed to fly 2 Fridays ago but there was bad weather. I checked in at delta. No issues. I didn't think aero Mexico even had a counter there as previous aero Mexico flight a few years ago was terminal 1. After weather canceled my flight I found an aero Mexico desk I believe aisle 3 and figured out a re booking. It was 99% delta staff helping 1 aero Mexico agent since 2 flights canceled and 400 people needed to be re booked.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone know what the cancellation fee on this ticket is?
I have one of these coming up in February. It booked into I and according to the AM site, it is completely non-refundable.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:05 pm

Just wondering, has anyone flown these SCL trips yet? Either from JFK, MCO or even SEA. Have one booked in May, wondered how it went. Looks like not even a handful of seats (up front) on both the SEA - MEX leg or the MEX-SCL flights I booked, same both ways.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:06 pm

I returned from one last week, from MCO. The 737 legs were full up front, but for the long flights to SCL on the 787, the business cabin was less than half full. BTW, no sign of any of these flights posting to DL, despite it being over two weeks since my outbound flights. I've mailed in my boarding passes, waiting to see how that goes. Just be forewarned, AM flights very often fail to post to DL.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by AdamNP
I returned from one last week, from MCO. The 737 legs were full up front, but for the long flights to SCL on the 787, the business cabin was less than half full. BTW, no sign of any of these flights posting to DL, despite it being over two weeks since my outbound flights. I've mailed in my boarding passes, waiting to see how that goes. Just be forewarned, AM flights very often fail to post to DL.
It's not just AM, I also had issues with MU not posting miles (my name is simple and straight forward), and I didn't bother since it was small.

In comparison to *A and OW, I had no such issues, miles are posted to my TK and AA accordingly. Skyteam, based on my observation, is the most disorganized of the 3.

p.s. Looks like I'll need to save and hold onto those boarding passes like Gold and be ready to retro claim with DL manually. My *A miles from AC, AV, BR, SK, LO, LX, TG, and UA all posted without any issues within 48 hours.

Last edited by vincewy; Feb 20, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:09 pm

It's not just AM, I also had issues with MU not posting miles (my name is simple and straight forward), and I didn't bother since it was small.

In comparison to *A and OW, I had no such issues, miles are posted to my TK and AA accordingly. Skyteam, based on my observation, is the most disorganized of the 3.
I definitely agree with that. I came over to DL from AA last year. Flights on BA, CX, IB, AY, JL.... they all posted within a couple days. In the case of AM, I actually had a DL rep on the phone tell me that AM never works.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AdamNP
I definitely agree with that. I came over to DL from AA last year. Flights on BA, CX, IB, AY, JL.... they all posted within a couple days. In the case of AM, I actually had a DL rep on the phone tell me that AM never works.
My AM flights posted to DL w/o fail within less than 2 weeks. If you want to read of a recent experience SFO/MEX/SCL, here you go.
How do I love thee, Aeromexico, let me count the ways
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!

p.s. Looks like I'll need to save and hold onto those boarding passes like Gold and be ready to retro claim with DL manually. My *A miles from AC, AV, BR, SK, LO, LX, TG, and UA all posted without any issues within 48 hours.
It's an IT thing. Skyteam has a whole mess of different IT systems. Delta uses Deltamatic (which they bullied VS and VA into switching to), Aeromexico uses SABRE and all the Chinese airlines use TravelSky (garbage).
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've also had a failed AM posting. It seems my SkyMiles number didn't stick when I made the booking with AM.

Trying to get credit from DL has been a complete cluster.

Originally Posted by keitherson
It's an IT thing. Skyteam has a whole mess of different IT systems. Delta uses Deltamatic (which they bullied VS and VA into switching to), Aeromexico uses SABRE and all the Chinese airlines use TravelSky (garbage).
That's no excuse. UA uses the craptastic SHARES, while most partners use Amadeus, and that's no bar to partner flights usually posting without issue.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:47 pm

Thanks Eastbay1k for the entertaining TR, spot on reading again for those that have not experienced AM yet :~)

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If you want to read of a recent experience SFO/MEX/SCL, here you go.
How do I love thee, Aeromexico, let me count the ways
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL plat
I recently returned from a trip and had quite the pleasant experience. I spent a few days in the Santiago area with a trip to Mendoza sandwiched in between. The trip down to SCL was a little tougher only because the redeye flight is on a 737, but I found the seat to be quite comfortable for domestic FC. There is a legrest which extends out and makes sleeping in the FC seat somewhat easier. They had a meal service and seatback entertainment, although everyone just slept since the flight departed at 2am. Clearing immigration at MEX was a little long on the way down, and took around 30 minutes to get through since there were 2 flights that arrived right before us. The line for foreigners was about half full when we arrived, but very quickly was more than full and snaking around the immigration hall as more US and Canada flights arrived. By the time we cleared, I'd estimate the wait for new arriving pax was about an hour. Mexican citizens had a line too so they weren't sending overflow to those officers. The return flight from SCL is the first to arrive in the morning at MEX so all the immigration officers are hanging around chatting which is nice because you're the first through immigration and then the special security line for connecting px so the connection is super quick.

Our bags were checked straight through to SCL from JFK and they told us in MEX that we wouldn't have to collect them. We were very skeptical of this since we'd read differently on here and told otherwise at JFK. However, we were told by two different people in baggage at MEX that they bags would go right to SCL without having to pickup and recheck them. Not sure if this is a new procedure or not, but it worked out both ways and our bags made it to our destination without us having to pickup or recheck at MEX.

AM lounge at MEX is blah. Barely any empty seats, no hot food, and didn't appear to be showers. It's pretty average for a business class lounge - and quite subpar for the primary hub of an airline. The Delta lounge in SCL had some hot food which was good, and since the AM flight leaves after the DL flight, there were only a few people in there.

The 787s are fantastic, with the 789 obviously superior to the 788. Hard product on the 788 is good and clearly similar to United's (ex-Continental) B/E aerospace diamond seats. The footwells are small and I regret not getting the first row because the footwells are much bigger there. The 789 is fantastic, with a great amount of personal space and stowage space. I did find the 788 to be slightly better to sleep on as I felt there was a weird lack of lower back support in the lie flat configuration on the 789 but that might just be me. I used the flights mostly for sleeping so I only had one meal between all 4 flights, but the chicken was perfectly fine so I'm not sure what all the commotion was about in others' reviews regarding the food. The higher cabin pressure and higher humidity on the 787s really makes a difference and I noticed that I didn't wake up with a bone dry mouth. Only negative was the FAs did seem a bit surly and the only time I specifically asked for something, it took almost 30 minutes for the drink to arrive.

Miles posted both ways within 3 days. I called a week before the flight and had them add my Skymiles number - it took about 2 minutes. Altogether a really pleasant experience on par with US legacies and I regret not booking another trip or two to top off status as these are really attractive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.