Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Aa: Hkg-gru - f - $5700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Aa: Hkg-gru - f - $5700

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
This is extreamly temprting. Dop 5.5-6.0l and get rid of 1/2 of eqd and 78% of eqm all in one grand swoop. Unfortunatly, i am leaving hkg on a wednesday or thurdsday and trying going through hkg-dfw-gru-dfw-hkg (nothing exotic like the jfk-hkg on cx, which is what i would really want to do, preferably both ways, and either way i get 17-24k round trip. Again, what am i doing wrong? The links that re given also show 17-24k, not 5.7k as stated (it might be a couple unden dollars in one way or the other but the quoted fare can't seem to be goten even going all the way thought without a stop on either route?

Is this a "fare gone" already? Geez, the email came out 3 hours ago. What a bummer!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rodsren
This is extreamly temprting. Dop 5.5-6.0l and get rid of 1/2 of eqd and 78% of eqm all in one grand swoop. Unfortunatly, i am leaving hkg on a wednesday or thurdsday and trying going through hkg-dfw-gru-dfw-hkg (nothing exotic like the jfk-hkg on cx, which is what i would really want to do, preferably both ways, and either way i get 17-24k round trip. Again, what am i doing wrong? The links that re given also show 17-24k, not 5.7k as stated (it might be a couple unden dollars in one way or the other but the quoted fare can't seem to be goten even going all the way thought without a stop on either route?

Is this a "fare gone" already? Geez, the email came out 3 hours ago. What a bummer!
GRU is dead. Try other SA cities.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by rodsren
It was posted 4 days ago. You need to check your email settings.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Saw this rate HKG-EZE for $5700 RT: https://goo.gl/flights/8iMy

26818 miles flying I believe. J on the DFW-EZE and F on the HKG-DFW
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:28 pm

I see booking code D on the DFW-EZE portion. Does that mean only 2x EQM on that flight? HKG-DFW is F.

**to confirm total EQM. 48738+21144 = 69882

Last edited by vrbaba; Dec 19, 2017 at 1:37 pm Reason: clarify
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vrbaba
I see booking code D on the DFW-EZE portion. Does that mean only 2x EQM on that flight? HKG-DFW is F.

**to confirm total EQM. 48738+21144 = 69882
Book on Kayak.com or similar websites to ensure J fare for any business class legs. You could also route HKG-NRT-JFK on JL Metal/AA Coded that books into J and F respectively. If you fly before February 14, you could get the 3-class 77W that flies JFK-EZE.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Originally Posted by longmanzz
were you able to do a stopover through calling?
Don't I wish! No, as discussed upthread this is a HKG-S Amer fare and any stopover will kick it up to $40k+ (the HIP rule).. You can work out some convoluted stopovers that may give you a brief overnight (I couldn't) in the US but that's about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.