Wiki Posts
Search

turnaround time at JNB?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Hilton
turnaround time at JNB?

HI all, I'm doing a mileage run to JNB and I have a short turnaround time (scheduled to depart 1 hour and 54 minutes after scheduled landing).

Do you think this is doable with customs and all?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Or can I just stay in the international terminal and not even bother?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by jbourne84
HI all, I'm doing a mileage run to JNB and I have a short turnaround time (scheduled to depart 1 hour and 54 minutes after scheduled landing).

Do you think this is doable with customs and all?
I am not sure if the lines vary with the time of day, but when departing JNB last year, the immigration line was over 1.5 hours.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

To be clear, I meant immigration, not customs. Thanks for realizing that, Smitty. I dug a bit further into the archives, and I suspect I'll be alright.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
The immigration transfer from intl to intl was brutal yesterday. Almost 2 hours to get thru. If you have a tight connection they may let you to the front of the line but I wouldn't count on it. It's quite the cluster
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Gah. Thanks for the update, bretthexum. Yeah. I'm actually going to say NVM for this year I think. After reading about the Delta Investor call and their changes to upgrades, I'm not going to chase I don't think.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Luckily we had a long layover during our run. There were a lot of people wound up and tempers were short. Once you get thru the airport is great though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.