Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ek/qf cai-wlg c 2005

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ek/qf cai-wlg c 2005

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:44 pm

Priced with 2 stopovers, SIN & BKK

for 1975 USD you can fly EK 777 CAI-DXB, then EK 380 all the way from Dubai down to Australia and back with stopovers in SIN and BKK, and only QF 737 to/from WLG, with a total of 6 flights out of 8 under QF numbers and lots of miles & TP
https://m.cheapoair.com/air/bookflight?sid=1&locatorkey=85edde21-7c3f-4cb2-82c7-64565404f326&cid=35

or for 2325 USD you can fly EK 777 CAI-DXB, EK 380 DXB-SIN/BKK (stopovers on both ways) and then QF 380/330 to/from Australia and QF 737 to/from WLG, but all 8 flights under QF numbers, the same amount of miles but a lot more TP

https://m.cheapoair.com/air/bookflight?sid=1&locatorkey=85edde21-7c3f-4cb2-82c7-64565404f326&cid=3
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:10 pm

Would one earn any TP on BA Executive Club if flying EK metal but QF flight #s ?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Did you try using IT Matrix ?
The exact fare rules are shown there
Thanks. Read fare rules on EF (that's how i know 1 is free and 1 at 100 USD), but couldn't gauge if stopovers in Australia was doable?

From the examples given, I gather it has to be between the EK-legs to work out (but not in DXB).
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:19 am

Currently on a CAI-WLG return (also works to Queenstown around same price but not AKL/CHC)
All my flights are on QF flight numbers

Able to stopover in BNE/SYD /MEL on outbound and return legs (maybe other points - haven't checked) but as indicated above each stopover limited to 30 days max.
Each stop in Oz adds a hundred dollars or more for the AU taxes

My itinerary is CAI-DXB-BNE(stop)-SYD-WLG-SYD-BNE(stop)-DXB-CAI
ft543 and groovyfly like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:27 pm

yes

Originally Posted by mileageking
Would one earn any TP on BA Executive Club if flying EK metal but QF flight #s ?

Qantas (QF)

Including QantasLink (QF) and Jetconnect (QF)

Executive Club Members can collect Avios on the following flights:
  • flights marketed and operated by Qantas or Qantas Airlines affiliates under the QF designated code
  • flights marketed by Qantas but operated by Jetstar booked as oneworld fare in L class only
  • flights marketed by Qantas or Qantas Airlines affiliates and operated by Qantas, a Qantas Affiliate, BA, another oneworld carrier, or another third party under a codeshare agreement
pythonisman likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:04 pm

I'm wondering if you'd get anything on QR's Privilege Club when flying on QF-coded EK-operated flights. I guess here I'm out of luck.
josepciv and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:24 am

josepciv thanks for confirming Avios, however I was trying to get confirmation on Tier Points (TP) towards BA gold status (emerald). Can I still get tier points?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by mileageking
josepciv thanks for confirming Avios, however I was trying to get confirmation on Tier Points (TP) towards BA gold status (emerald). Can I still get tier points?
Most likely not, as codeshare flights are not counted for status if not operated by OW carriers, IIRC. You may want to shoot off an email to BA and ask for clarification though - I am wrong more often than not where it comes to their byzantine program.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Most likely not, as codeshare flights are not counted for status if not operated by OW carriers, IIRC.
Thanks, in that case it's better to fly DXB-SYD on QF metal vs DXB-BKK/SIN-SYD ON EK metal
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:37 am

Sorry, I copy-pasted the wrong information.

Anyway, I flew WAW-DXB-MEL all in EK J metal last year and the 3 flights under Qantas numbers I took were credited as TP in my BAEC account. Maybe I was lucky, but I think I got a BAEC account as I had read somewhere about it!

Good luck and happy travels!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:48 am

Just one more question: what are exactly 'oneworld flights' for BA? only those marketed AND operated by OW airlines, or just any flight marketed by any OW airline?

BA webpage is not clear:

Whenever and wherever you fly, you can earn Avios — with British Airways, our oneworld®alliance partners and our other airline partners. You can earn Tier Points too, on British Airways and oneworld flights.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/collecting-avios/flights
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:58 am

Sorry, it's me again with more confussing info:

The page about Qantas where I copy-pasted the above info includes a table about Avios AND tier points, but no more details there about no-oneworld airlines or codeshares agreements:
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:41 pm

Extracted from BA T&C page, no limitation to oneworld airline partners or flights here:

8. Executive Club Tier Points
8.1. Tier Points can only be earned for travel on eligible Sectors at eligible fares on either British Airways flights or on eligible flights of certain Airline Partners and will be earned by a Member as set out on Ba.com.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by josepciv
Sorry, it's me again with more confussing info:

The page about Qantas where I copy-pasted the above info includes a table about Avios AND tier points, but no more details there about no-oneworld airlines or codeshares agreements:

It does mention AFFILIATES though, and EK is definitely not QF's affiliate airline. I think you will be able to find more precise question in BA forum though, I'm sure you're not the first one confused and these questions are very likely already answered

Last edited by maxvor; Mar 3, 2018 at 12:42 pm Reason: Removed image from quoted text
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by josepciv
Extracted from BA T&C page, no limitation to oneworld airline partners or flights here:

8. Executive Club Tier Points
8.1. Tier Points can only be earned for travel on eligible Sectors at eligible fares on either British Airways flights or on eligible flights of certain Airline Partners and will be earned by a Member as set out on Ba.com.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions
It says "eligible flights", and according to QF's page, flights that are not operated by QF, QF affiliates and Jetstar are not eligible, I don't think you will even earn Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.