Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:58 pm

Hi there!

Has anyone actually flown on these tickets yet? If so how did it go, any issues at the airport?

Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Good question!
I have tickets departing AKL in about a month-- DL tickets and DL flight numbers but mostly VA flights.
Any trip reports?
thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by qfflyer55
Hi there!

Has anyone actually flown on these tickets yet? If so how did it go, any issues at the airport?

Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Good question!
I have tickets departing AKL in about a month-- DL tickets and DL flight numbers but mostly VA flights.
Any trip reports?
thanks in advance.

Look forward to your report- I have 3 tickets, first one in May. Mine are VA ticket numbers.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
That's great-- I thought VA cancelled the tickets they issued? Or did you buy via a Travel Agent? I got mine thru Orbitz.

Originally Posted by zebranz
Look forward to your report- I have 3 tickets, first one in May. Mine are VA ticket numbers.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
That's great-- I thought VA cancelled the tickets they issued? Or did you buy via a Travel Agent? I got mine thru Orbitz.
None directly with VA. All 3 have had minor changes on the SYD-AKL segment (swatted to NZ metal) and show as active.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
Check to see if your AKL to SYD flights have changed!

My first flight out of AKL got changed without notice to a day earlier which left me with a whole day stopover in Sydney. I called and they were able to change my flight to really any day I wanted, which was great for me. They also bumped me up from Economy to F on the AKL to SYD leg, not sure if they didn't notice what it originally booked in or if they were being nice.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by 6foot7
Check to see if your AKL to SYD flights have changed!

My first flight out of AKL got changed without notice to a day earlier which left me with a whole day stopover in Sydney. I called and they were able to change my flight to really any day I wanted, which was great for me. They also bumped me up from Economy to F on the AKL to SYD leg, not sure if they didn't notice what it originally booked in or if they were being nice.
I reported this issue back in January and finally just got it resolved.

Both the OTA & DL reservations were blaming each other, but refusing to fix the issue. I finally called Delta Web Support and they fixed my itinerary around. I am now on VA operated flights for the schedule changed outbound. I was even able to add a stopover in SYD for my return.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 6foot7
. They also bumped me up from Economy to F on the AKL to SYD leg, not sure if they didn't notice what it originally booked in or if they were being nice.
The only airline with F AKL SYD is Emirates. And that finishes in a few weeks.
Some aircraft Australia to NZ have economy/coach only. A few aircraft have PE/business class as well.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The only airline with F AKL SYD is Emirates. And that finishes in a few weeks.
Some aircraft Australia to NZ have economy/coach only. A few aircraft have PE/business class as well.
My mistake, it's business class not F. Was booking into economy originally.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Yesterday started out a bit difficult. 2 hours before my Delta coded Virgin Australia operated AKL-BNE flight, Delta emailed me that they were rebooking me because the flight was running early. Ultimately, my connecting flight VA 7 BNE-LAX was delayed which would have caused a misconnect on LAX, but that is just an after effect. Delta did not rebook my flight, but somehow my segments got out if order in the VA system. While i sat on hold, my VA flight closed leaving me behind.

I spent over 2 hours on the phone including 1 dropped call, 1 misrouted call, and useless contact with the Delta twitter team. I was initially offered my same itinerary 2 days later which i rejected. Air New Zealand via LAX/SFO sold out in J while i was on hold. Air Tahiti Nui was next offered, but their business class is not of the lie flat variety. The agent then found a combo NZ AKL-NRT & SQ NRT-LAX before DL LAX-LAS. I ultimately arrived home 6 hours later than planned.

This itinerary has been stressful, but NZ is beautiful and worth it.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
.. The agent then found a combo NZ AKL-NRT & SQ NRT-LAX before DL LAX-LAS. I ultimately arrived home 6 hours later than planned.....
Are you a member of any Star Alliance ffp?
You may be able get to ff miles on the NZ & SQ star alliance flights, if you do a retro claim.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Are you a member of any Star Alliance ffp?
You may be able get to ff miles on the NZ & SQ star alliance flights, if you do a retro claim.
This. DL IRROPed me onto Cathay once and I received AA miles for the new flights. YMMV.
Quinlanty likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:01 pm

Good question!
Any trip reports?
thanks in advance.
Quoting myself-- have people flown my routing yet- with DL ticket numbers- looking for any reports.
I depart next Monday, April 9th.
Thanks!

AKL-MEL-LAX all in Biz on VA
LAX-SYD-AKL
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:41 am

Quoting myself-- have people flown my routing yet- with DL ticket numbers- looking for any reports.
I depart next Monday, April 9th.
Thanks!

AKL-MEL-LAX all in Biz on VA
LAX-SYD-AKL
We flew the first leg of our round trip. Wellington -. Brisbane -> LAX -> Vegas. Virgin Australia whole way (Booked thru Delta). No issues what so ever. Our return leg is in September.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Mcmatto
We flew the first leg of our round trip. Wellington -. Brisbane -> LAX -> Vegas. Virgin Australia whole way (Booked thru Delta). No issues what so ever. Our return leg is in September.
Oops thanks for the reminder! I flew mine as well, on April 9th, AKL-MEL-LAX-OAK.
Great flights. I was surprised to find VA service fairly equivalent to DL's Business Class-- service was nice but not great, ran out of meal choices twice. Seat was great, lounges (Air New Zealand in AKL, then Etihad in MEL) were excellent! Even LAX-OAK FA on DL was super nice. Got 16K MQM on the outbound.
Thanks to the OP for posting this! I remember when I saw it, I was calmly persuing delta.com for options, clicking away, not sure what to book.... then suddenly the price jumped to $9,000 so I immediately opened Orbitz, quickly booked the first thing that came up, and it got ticketed. You never know how long a good fare will last!
Gino Troian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.