Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I booked through Chase, was downgraded to economy...called Chase, and they were able to reinstate the original ticket!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:13 pm

i want to submit a dot complaint claiming the forex differences between my va bookings and refunds
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by yerffej201
i want to submit a dot complaint claiming the forex differences between my va bookings and refunds
Your first port of call should be to claim the loss from VA ... if they refuse to pay or ignore you then a DOT complaint is appropriate.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: OZ
Called VA to cancel the booking and asked for refund. But VA refused to refund the NZD30 booking fee and asked me to fill the complaint form online.

Not going to fill any form but directly replied to the email. If VA is not going to refund the NZD30, definitively will go to NSW Fair Trading or DOT.

"

Please note that booking fee are non refundable so we can not process refund of NZD30.00.
So request you to complete the form which can be located via the below link:

Provide all relevant information then submit.
This will enable our Guest Relations Team to respond.

"
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by miceking
Called VA to cancel the booking and asked for refund. But VA refused to refund the NZD30 booking fee and asked me to fill the complaint form online.

Not going to fill any form but directly replied to the email. If VA is not going to refund the NZD30, definitively will go to NSW Fair Trading or DOT.

"

Please note that booking fee are non refundable so we can not process refund of NZD30.00.

"
That's a load of BS, I had all my booking fees and FOREX costs refunded as well just through email.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K

"

"
Originally Posted by jazza1971
That's a load of BS, I had all my booking fees and FOREX costs refunded as well just through email.
Looks like the person called and was directed to Guest Relations Team who is handling the reimbursement for expenses.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Anyone else flown this fare? How was your experience? I have AKL-(VA) MEL- (VA) LAX- (DL) -OAK in April, and return is the same in July.
Delta ticket stock and Delta flight numbers.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:12 pm

"

"
Originally Posted by jazza1971
Originally Posted by CDKing
Looks like the person called and was directed to Guest Relations Team who is handling the reimbursement for expenses.
Is there a direct contact to the Guest Relations Team? Email or Phone?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Is there a direct contact to the Guest Relations Team? Email or Phone?
I'm not sure if the response was any quicker since i had case number assigned from when I went through dot. Email address in the back and forth is listed below.

VirginAustraliaCustomerCare at virginaustralia (dot) com
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
I’m about to fly this fare (DL 006 stock) in two days time, nervous about how VA ground staff will handle the check-in etc at Auckland haha. I note that some people above have said that there were no issues, but still can’t shake the feeling that something is going to go wrong. Fingers crossed.

Also, I have some incredibly tight turns in Syd (1 hr 30 mins) and Lax (1 hr 55 mins), any advice on how to ensure I don’t miss my connecting flights? I am hoping to use my APEC card and go to the Diplomat line for customs (im on a H1B Visa) at LAX, so hoping that should let me catch my flight back to Oakland rather swiftly. Also any idea if spouses can tag along when you use the APEC card to expedite immigration at LA? Are there any express transfer passes I can use at SYD?

Finally, does it make sense depositing this trip’s Mileage into Virgin Atlantic? Seems Virgin Australia awards zero for DL marketed and VA operated, so would prefer to earn some meaningful mileage.

Appreciate te all the comments and assistance here!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cuzzybro
Also, I have some incredibly tight turns in Syd (1 hr 30 mins) and Lax (1 hr 55 mins), any advice on how to ensure I don’t miss my connecting flights? I am hoping to use my APEC card and go to the Diplomat line for customs (im on a H1B Visa) at LAX, so hoping that should let me catch my flight back to Oakland rather swiftly. Also any idea if spouses can tag along when you use the APEC card to expedite immigration at LA? Are there any express transfer passes I can use at SYD?

Finally, does it make sense depositing this trip’s Mileage into Virgin Atlantic? Seems Virgin Australia awards zero for DL marketed and VA operated, so would prefer to earn some meaningful mileage.
Please report back how this goes, including crediting ff miles.

At SYD you stay airside, so should be OK if the AKL SYD flight in on time. You may even have time for a lounge visit.

Do you have a freq flyer programme/number in the reservation now?
Flying a codeshare flight marketed by one airline (flight number), operated by a second airline and crediting the frequent flyer miles/points to a third airlines ffp is always problematic. Usually only works if all three are in the same alliance (Oneworld - Star - Skyteam) or specific provision in the ff program rules. e.g AA miles or BA avios on QF marketed flight operated by EK. With non alliance partners even if the marketing and operating carriers are both partners of your ffp the codeshare does not always earn ff miles/points.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Please report back how this goes, including crediting ff miles.

At SYD you stay airside, so should be OK if the AKL SYD flight in on time. You may even have time for a lounge visit.

Do you have a freq flyer programme/number in the reservation now?
Flying a codeshare flight marketed by one airline (flight number), operated by a second airline and crediting the frequent flyer miles/points to a third airlines ffp is always problematic. Usually only works if all three are in the same alliance (Oneworld - Star - Skyteam) or specific provision in the ff program rules. e.g AA miles or BA avios on QF marketed flight operated by EK. With non alliance partners even if the marketing and operating carriers are both partners of your ffp the codeshare does not always earn ff miles/points.
Will do.

Ah ok, so one just remains airside and is the security re-screen cursory or since it's US bound is it more intense ala TSA style?

The FF I have in the reservation right now is our DL #s , although those accounts are just placeholders, really considering putting the Flying Club numbers if I can confirm the fact that DL marketed and VA operated credits to Flying club with full DL earning rates. I hope so....
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by cuzzybro
Will do.

Ah ok, so one just remains airside and is the security re-screen cursory or since it's US bound is it more intense ala TSA style?

The FF I have in the reservation right now is our DL #s , although those accounts are just placeholders, really considering putting the Flying Club numbers if I can confirm the fact that DL marketed and VA operated credits to Flying club with full DL earning rates. I hope so....
Usually, USA-bound security adds a second screening with a few security questions. But DL usually also has a "Sky Priority" lane. Is it a DL metal plane on SYD-LAX? Then you might get the questions. If it's not a USA airline, there are often no questions.
Also-- I recommend asking your "earnings" questions on the Flying Club board and/or the Virgin Australia board, someone at those boards is bound to know.
Good luck and any reports will be appreciated!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Schedule changes are impacting syd-akl//akl-syd flights. Up to 26 hour layovers are being auto-applied.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Schedule changes are impacting syd-akl//akl-syd flights. Up to 26 hour layovers are being auto-applied.
What dates? When time changes due to daylight savings occur?
That may have an effect on visa/transiting airports for some people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.