Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
If I don't receive an email or phone call, and show up at the airport, I wonder what will happen. They appear intact online still, and I have checked spam, nothing in my email.
You could probably avoid a trip to the airport by checking in online. If something is wrong with the rez that will not work.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
$55 lost from one reservation in exchange rate changes, sigh
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keitherson
$55 lost from one reservation in exchange rate changes, sigh
you should file a DOT complaint. That's a provable expense and you've suffered a loss due to cancellation.

Last edited by bhatnasx; Nov 12, 2017 at 4:07 am
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:09 am

I contacted VA today, they are standing firm on their decision and said they have legal advice to justify their refusal to honour the fares. I have made a complaint to DOT and will seek advice from consumer affairs in AUS and NZ. The biggest issue I see here is 'human error'. Can Virgin call me about any flight I have booked and demand more money simply by saying the fare I booked on THEIR website was a human error? Who determines human error and who polices it?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:33 am

The part that’s ridiculous to me is the airline doesn’t have to notify you of your rights under the DOT regulation.

Throw a noticing and 24-hour cancellation requirement identical to what passengers are held to and I would be ok with the policy. A week or more is unacceptable.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by dordal
You could probably avoid a trip to the airport by checking in online. If something is wrong with the rez that will not work.
Just got off the phone with Delta who called me this morning to inform me. Same spiel as others.... refund or downgrade to economy.

They did offer to pay for incurred expenses, I stated I had booked a flight to Auckand on another airline already.

Didn't fight it too hard as dont really see them budging.

Told them they should downgrade to PE if anything. Take some responsibility for their mistake. Or give a credit of some sort for the inconvenience.

Next step seems filing with DOT?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:42 am

What did you say to get them to pay for your connecting flight? They flat out to me no!

Originally Posted by Mcmatto
Just got off the phone with Delta who called me this morning to inform me. Same spiel as others.... refund or downgrade to economy.

They did offer to pay for incurred expenses, I stated I had booked a flight to Auckand on another airline already.

Told them they should downgrade to PE if anything. Take some responsibility for their mistake. Or give a credit of some sort for the inconvenience.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:58 am

Despite the situation (what a ...... way for this lady to start her Monday) the lady from Delta was very nice. She asked if I had incurred any expenses. I stated I had already booked a flight in business on United (Thru Miles) that if I cancel I would incur charges.

She took note of that. I did not have her cancel the flight yet as I told her I wanted to escalate the issue to someone higher up explaining that Delta owes me more than a straight refund for my inconvenience that they are causing.

Just filed a DOT complaint.

Thought I had maybe dodged getting cancelled but the calls are rolling out right now unfortunately.

FWIW I booked directly thru Delta.com
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something

Don’t accept the offer. Just tell them that you will be filing a DOT complaint.

Calling 2 weeks after booking is ridiculous.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How are we to feel confident our other DL tickets won't be randomly canceled too? Two weeks is beyond the point of cancelation within reason in my opinion
FlyerTalkUserName likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Don’t accept the offer. Just tell them that you will be filing a DOT complaint.

Calling 2 weeks after booking is ridiculous.

Agreed, I didnt accept any offer. Told them I wasnt flying in economy. Asked who i could escalate the situation with and was told no one at the moment. The lady was very friendly giving me my case number her name and number. She said she would be in contact with me in the next day or 2.

In reality, what recourse do I really have? Doubt I get them to keep me in business? My flight down to AKL im likely keeping since I found United saver J space. as long as i can find a reasonable return flight now.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:25 pm

Agreed, I didnt accept any offer. Told them I wasnt flying in economy. Asked who i could escalate the situation with and was told no one at the moment. The lady was very friendly giving me my case number her name and number. She said she would be in contact with me in the next day or 2.

In reality, what recourse do I really have? Doubt I get them to keep me in business? My flight down to AKL im likely keeping since I found United saver J space. as long as i can find a reasonable return flight now.
Maria from Delta just gave me a call back (about 90 mins after last call)

she again was was very very polite and respectful. She said she had escalated myself and a couple other cases to management. She stated there was some serious out of pocket money spent between the cases.

She he said she didn't know what exactly Delta would do but she said "they did relay to me that they wanted to make this right" she told me to gather all my expenses together for when management calls.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What I don't understand is why Delta is taking so long to get these calls out. They started several days ago, frankly, they should have been completed immediately. Each day is leading to less time for people to rebook their intended travel.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Maria from Delta just gave me a call back (about 90 mins after last call)

she again was was very very polite and respectful. She said she had escalated myself and a couple other cases to management. She stated there was some serious out of pocket money spent between the cases.

She he said she didn't know what exactly Delta would do but she said "they did relay to me that they wanted to make this right" she told me to gather all my expenses together for when management calls.
Unless your flight is imminent, I wouldn’t make any claim for connecting flights/expenses with DL/VA at this time.

If you haven’t already, file the DOT claim right now. Tell the DL person that you have booked connecting flights already, and will wait for DOT to rule on this.

You have your vacation planned, in Business class. For them to decide 2 weeks later that it was a “mistake” is really not your problem.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Virgin as short changed me $35
amex said to ask them for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.