Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Can you please give more details on your ticket
Booked via Delta last week and got ticketed. Received this email today + a voicemail:

Last week, you purchased a Business Class fare from Auckland New Zealand to Oakland California. Unfortunately, due to human error the fare price advertised was incorrect and we’re unable to honor this ticket in its current form. We are very sorry for the inconvenience but would like to offer you some options so you can continue your booking with us.

If you still wish to travel, we will move your booking into Economy Class. If you decide you no longer wish to travel we will provide you with a full refund and cancel the booking.

Please call 1-800-455-2720 Option 4 so that we may address this as soon as possible. Please reference case number ------ when you call and you will be directed to me.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this mistake and we thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Mary C. Mason
Customer Care
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by 6foot7
Just got the same email as the above people.

This is my first error fare that's not being honored.. Is there anything that can be done?
Not much, other than praising your good fortune!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DOT response

I filed a complaint with the DOT & they have advised that it's a valid complaint & they will look into it based on number of complaints.

If if you are impacted, please either file a complaint directly with the US DOT with a copy of your confirmed itinerary and a BRIEF note as to what happened to you.

https://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/ConsumerForm.cfm

The more volume, the more likely they will take action.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.

Last edited by bhatnasx; Nov 9, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
This is my first error fare that's not being honored.. Is there anything that can be done?
You can be low hanging fruit, or you can fight it.

If you accept a refund, or a downgrade, then likely you are out of luck. File a complaint with the DOT, NZ or AU consumer affairs bureau, and refuse their offers.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat
Booked on DL.com for June 2018 return September 2018. Still no call or email and DL website still shows it good. We’re west coast based so the cancel may be lower on their call list.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I filed a complaint with the DOT
The more volume, the more likely they will take action.
Unless the DOT contact has specifically requested to have all complaints directed to him, I'd say fill out the form so they don't have to manually log the complaint.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
sent to the email above and got this so dont send to the individual.

If you are filing a complaint, you need to file on our website and not direct with am individual.

Please see link:

https://airconsumer.dot.gov/escompla...nsumerForm.cfm

Thank you.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Edited my post above. Please use link in Aussielori's post
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
6AM phone call from Delta. They should at least have the courtesy to look at the time zone they are calling to
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Filed a DOT complaint. Don't really expect anything to come of it but it took less than 5 minutes, so why not.
bhatnasx likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
Booked via Delta last week and got ticketed. Received this email today + a voicemail:

Last week, you purchased a Business Class fare from Auckland New Zealand to Oakland California. Unfortunately, due to human error the fare price advertised was incorrect and we’re unable to honor this ticket in its current form. We are very sorry for the inconvenience but would like to offer you some options so you can continue your booking with us.

If you still wish to travel, we will move your booking into Economy Class. If you decide you no longer wish to travel we will provide you with a full refund and cancel the booking.

Please call 1-800-455-2720 Option 4 so that we may address this as soon as possible. Please reference case number ------ when you call and you will be directed to me.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this mistake and we thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Mary C. Mason
Customer Care
My booking is still showing live on Delta in Biz and marked as ticketed.. No remarks or anything. What happens if I just don't respond?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
I also filed a DOT complaint and received a positive response that it falls under their valid issues and that they'll notify the airline.

Highly encourage everyone to file. It took literally 5 minutes and I had no idea it was this simple.
bhatnasx and im.daniel like this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:35 pm

Something is going on...if delta did a mass cancel more people would have posted
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:35 pm

My booking is still showing live on Delta in Biz and marked as ticketed.. No remarks or anything. What happens if I just don't respond?
That's even worse, what if they deny you at check in, you drive all the way to the airport for nothing
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
VA Twitter is still bombarded with complaints from the DFW and AKL fares.

I’m guessing there’s far more people that booked these fares than what one might expect due to the popularity of AUS/NZ and generally high fares in this market.

Delta cancellation will probably attract more DOT complaints and it’s up to DL to decide how many they want to wear. They do have a KPI that’s on # of DOT complaints.

lol
FlyerTalkUserName likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.