Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I have received nothing from the airline but my travel agent checked the booking and the SYD LAX legs have gone only LAX LAS in eco left so he called gallaleo and they said they dont guarantee the booking!!!!! the airline does
so called the airline they said its a very cheap fare- I said No its not we have jsut flown ATH_SYD ret in J for $A2400 and purchased ARN_SYD ret in J for $A2300 both 24 hr flights .so this is def not "cheap". then called Amex and disputed the charge.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by aussielori
I have received nothing from the airline but my travel agent checked the booking and the SYD LAX legs have gone only LAX LAS in eco left so he called gallaleo and they said they dont guarantee the booking!!!!! the airline does
so called the airline they said its a very cheap fare- I said No its not we have jsut flown ATH_SYD ret in J for $A2400 and purchased ARN_SYD ret in J for $A2300 both 24 hr flights .so this is def not "cheap". then called Amex and disputed the charge.
VA stock?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just got change email notification from Amex Travel bumping me down to economy. Do I call Amex or VA to get my money back?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I have a VA (795) plated ticket on Orbitz which is still sitting. not optimistic though...
Ii had the same but just got the cancellation 30 mins ago. Just the VA legs though, my DL flights are still intact so looks like I have a $900 LAX-SAN round trip.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I just received from expedia said Virgin Australia cancelled all my 6 legs, including domestic leg on DL.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:41 am

And some people are already back from LA... in business hint, cough, hint, cough
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by mlqsko
And some people are already back from LA... in business hint, cough, hint, cough
bravo!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Well done, well done indeed!!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:49 am

http://www.comcom.govt.nz/fair-tradi...w-your-rights/
the more that complain the better for the future
KiwiHighFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by hansyuwiwb
VA stock?
yes still no actual notification from virgin.so had I not been proactive i would be arriving for no flight
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
One week for a response? What garbage customer service. VA service is seriously trash, and if you're not Platinum (or even call outside Plat office hours), you'll be stuck with useless call center agents.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by aussielori
http://www.comcom.govt.nz/fair-tradi...w-your-rights/
the more that complain the better for the future
Definitely going to lodge a case with the Dispute Tribunal. I actually have a firm date I need to be in the US for (which is next week), and I've just booked UA at over $5.5k. They can pay me the cost of the UA fare.

I spent over an hour on the phone with the Plat team before. The supervisors' hands were tied by revenue management.

To quote them: "Completely understand where you are coming from, and how the situation is handled is not favourable to you, but we have been told firmly that the only two options available are a) cancel for a full refund or b) downgrade to economy. There is literally nothing else I can offer. Our head office is closely monitoring this."
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by KiwiHighFlyer
Definitely going to lodge a case with the Dispute Tribunal. I actually have a firm date I need to be in the US for (which is next week), and I've just booked UA at over $5.5k. They can pay me the cost of the UA fare.

I spent over an hour on the phone with the Plat team before. The supervisors' hands were tied by revenue management.

To quote them: "Completely understand where you are coming from, and how the situation is handled is not favourable to you, but we have been told firmly that the only two options available are a) cancel for a full refund or b) downgrade to economy. There is literally nothing else I can offer. Our head office is closely monitoring this."
Has anyone been told by customer support that they will pay for positioning flights and other purchases made? Have business class flights booked to get me to/from AKL and do not know if I can argue for reimbursement on that?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
If you have reasonable expenses, I'd go the DOT route.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:58 am

Well my ticket has been downgraded. Got the notification from expedia it had been cancelled then looked online to see i had been rebooked in economy. Here we go again. Taking a full week to notify people is complete bullsh*t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.