Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
I booked direct and my booking shows up fine....for now :P
Same here book direct with VA as booking status show up fine as of Tuesday morning in Sydney time , charge have been post in my cc under va christchurch . I am sure if theh cancel it they would have to let everyone know by now almost 5 days already .

A question for 8 eligible sector to become VA Platinum . Do the LAX - OAK sector operate by Delta with VA flight number count ? Or it have to be VA metal
earlyriser likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
Originally Posted by dsdsyd
Same here book direct with VA as booking status show up fine as of Tuesday morning in Sydney time , charge have been post in my cc under va christchurch . I am sure if theh cancel it they would have to let everyone know by now almost 5 days already .

A question for 8 eligible sector to become VA Platinum . Do the LAX - OAK sector operate by Delta with VA flight number count ? Or it have to be VA metal
That's 5d with weekends...I am on the same boat and singers crossed for the best scenario. That said, I tend to be more conservative until a formal statement is made, for any other plans.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by terryversay
That's 5d with weekends...I am on the same boat and singers crossed for the best scenario. That said, I tend to be more conservative until a formal statement is made, for any other plans.
If it stick we have a lot of plan to make as we will be arriving into OAK while our destination are LAX and JFK . Could have inc SFO into the trip as it is not very far from OAK Airport won't be travel until APR 18 so let sit back and see how this play out this week .
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:41 pm

Just checked, mine still good on delta.com. I bought on delta website.

I've got an award on hold with AA for the return, so gonna give it til tomorrow then book my return I have on hold with aa.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:24 pm

i have a 795 stock booked for march, tbh I'm surprised this hasn't been cancelled. As a VA WP, this flight is going to net me around 70k points...

Better start looking at positioning flights...
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Jousams
i have a 795 stock booked for march, tbh I'm surprised this hasn't been cancelled. As a VA WP, this flight is going to net me around 70k points...

Why would it be canceled? They ran a sale, you bought a ticket.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
With the RTW fares they had a few months back, the prices of this 'sale' aren't that far out there.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
One could argue this wasn't a proper sale. For example, Air New Zealand.
terryversay likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jousams

Wow 70K points that will be enough for a J ticket from SYD to SIN on the new SQ A380 new seat . How much a nobody like me will earn compare to Plat ?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:30 pm

virgin just cancelled the ticket or get it rebooked to Y
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by vitagen
virgin just cancelled the ticket or get it rebooked to Y
Where did you book?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:46 pm

Information on your flight
Hi,
Last week, you purchased a Business Class fare from New Zealand to Sydney.Sydney.Auckland. Unfortunately, due to human error the fare price advertised was incorrect and we’re unable to honour this ticket in its current form. We are very sorry for this inconvenience but would like to offer you some options so you can continue your booking with us.
If you still wish to travel, we will move your booking into Economy1. If you decide you no longer wish to travel we’re happy to provide you with a full refund and we’ll cancel the booking.
If you are happy with the first option of keeping your booking and travelling in Economy, please click the green ‘ACCEPT CHANGES’ button below and your updated ticket will be emailed to you.
Accept changes
If you would like to take up the second option to cancel your booking and receive a refund, please give us a call on one of the below listed numbers.
Again, we sincerely apologise for this mistake and hope you can understand that sometimes human error does occur.
Regards,
Virgin Australia
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:49 pm

Now to add VA to my .... list, right under ANZ.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:51 pm

I booked it direct on the VA site

wonder what recourse we got?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by vitagen
I booked it direct on the VA site

wonder what recourse we got?
Nada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.