Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Old May 11, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
Originally Posted by 6foot7
Check to see if your AKL to SYD flights have changed!

My first flight out of AKL got changed without notice to a day earlier which left me with a whole day stopover in Sydney. I called and they were able to change my flight to really any day I wanted, which was great for me. They also bumped me up from Economy to F on the AKL to SYD leg, not sure if they didn't notice what it originally booked in or if they were being nice.
Sorry late bump. Who did you talk to with Delta?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by atiger29
Sorry late bump. Who did you talk to with Delta?
web support was the only helpful department for me.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
web support was the only helpful department for me.
Thanks for that.

I called in a week or so before my departure inquiring about changes. Reservations transferred me to the reissue department of Delta. They said I could pretty much change to whatever day that I liked. I didn't really know which day I liked so I called back a few days before my flight. Which was actually less than 24 hours before my flight because of the time difference. I wanted to change the flight from AKL-SYD-LAX-OAK to something AKL-IAH/LAX. I was on the phone for close to an hour when finally they said they couldn't make any changes and at best (maybe) they'll give me a refund. I told them I'll think about it and hung up.

I called again when I felt the new reissue staff would come in the morning. I told them to keep the legs the same and changed it to a date that I wanted. I think it took less than 10 minutes. Definitely happier that I didn't have to give this ticket up.
Mrp Alert likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atiger29
... I wanted to change the flight from AKL-SYD-LAX-OAK to something AKL-IAH/LAX. I was on the phone for close to an hour when finally they said they couldn't make any changes and at best (maybe) they'll give me a refund. I told them I'll think about it and hung up.
VA DL do not fly AKL-IAH/LAX. On a mistake fare you need ask for something that is achievable. For that $$ they are not going to put you on another airline

Great Circle Mapper
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
VA DL do not fly AKL-IAH/LAX. On a mistake fare you need ask for something that is achievable. For that $$ they are not going to put you on another airline

Great Circle Mapper
Yes. I know they wouldn’t fly that route. I was seeing if they could put me on NZ non-stop. Different alliance but I didn’t think it would hurt to ask based on what I was reading. I would have been happy with doing the same routing and terminating in LAX.

Anyways I’m more or less happy with the outcome.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Has anyone changed the return date after flying the outbound?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Has anyone changed the return date after flying the outbound?
I made changes to my return due to the schedule changes. I did not try based on fare rules.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.