Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:29 am

Looks like Delta is starting to cancel. Just received a voicemail from them advising me that they will not honor the fare.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
Originally Posted by greendx
Looks like Delta is starting to cancel. Just received a voicemail from them advising me that they will not honor the fare.
I just received a voicemail also. Delta stock.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by atiger29
I just received a voicemail also. Delta stock.
Ticketed on DL.com or OTA?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by maxvor
How did you pull VA PNR? I guess, called DL? None of the tricks I know (CheckMyTrip, TripCase, MyFlightsApp, Saudia) helped me, since Delta uses in-house reservation system, and its PNRs are hardly used to any web-site but DL itself.

got a mate to track it down by displaying the actual 006 prefix ticket to grab my VA PNR out.

another data point, just spotted out there is an invoice on DL MMB lead to the invoice of my purchase.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Ticketed on DL.com or OTA?
DL.com
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:31 am

They keep calling me, I've received 4 calls in the last hour from DL but haven't been able to answer since I'm on a conference call. Just seeing this email from them as well:

Last week, you purchased a Business Class fare from New Zealand to [destination]. Unfortunately, due to human error the fare price advertised was incorrect and we’re unable to honor this ticket in its current form. We are very sorry for this inconvenience but would like to offer you some options so you can continue your booking with us.

If you still wish to travel, we will move your booking into Economy . If you decide you no longer wish to travel we’re happy to provide you with a full refund and we’ll cancel the booking.

Please call 1-800-455-2720 Option 4 so that we may address this as soon as possible. Please reference the above case number.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this mistake and we thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Charlotte C. Evans
Customer Care
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
They keep calling me, I've received 4 calls in the last hour from DL but haven't been able to answer since I'm on a conference call. Just seeing this email from them as well:

Last week, you purchased a Business Class fare from New Zealand to [destination]. Unfortunately, due to human error the fare price advertised was incorrect and we’re unable to honor this ticket in its current form. We are very sorry for this inconvenience but would like to offer you some options so you can continue your booking with us.

If you still wish to travel, we will move your booking into Economy . If you decide you no longer wish to travel we’re happy to provide you with a full refund and we’ll cancel the booking.

Please call 1-800-455-2720 Option 4 so that we may address this as soon as possible. Please reference the above case number.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this mistake and we thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Charlotte C. Evans
Customer Care
DL.com. Same letter. Same person.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Took 1.5 hours on the phone w/ Amex last night to get my points refunded.
First agent transferred me to Australia who told me to pound sand and call Amex.
Really poor form from VA on this fare.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:25 am

another friend received the same email, dl.com. anyone with ota DL stock not cancelled yet?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: Air NZ, Qantas, Korean Air
Yeah I got the email too. Booked on delta.com

$1300 isn't a good deal for economy so I just cancelled.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by catmincer
Yeah I got the email too. Booked on delta.com

$1300 isn't a good deal for economy so I just cancelled.
When are you ticketed for?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Air NZ, Qantas, Korean Air
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
When are you ticketed for?
September 2018
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by catmincer
September 2018
Interesting...not saying you're wrong but there's got to be more to this. I know a few people who's tickets still intact and no call or email from delta.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
Just got the same email as the above people.

This is my first error fare that's not being honored.. Is there anything that can be done?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by 6foot7
Just got the same email as the above people.

This is my first error fare that's not being honored.. Is there anything that can be done?
Can you please give more details on your ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.