Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I'm planning on using this fare for a 2 week trip to the US where I will need to check bags.

I routed via SYD on VA on my return. VA would likely check my bag thru to AKL, right? No way to drop that last segment without a refare? I'm a VA Platinum if that makes any difference?
As with any mistake fare the airlines will be closely looking at all the fine print in the t&c's.
Originally Posted by CDKing
I can get my reservation but seat selection screen no longer pops up and gives the message to call.
Its now Monday morning (09:55) in Sydney.
As a guess some one at VA HQ will checking what all these tickets will cost VA(DL). They will be looking to minimise the liability.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Anna1985
My Delta flight OAK - LAX had a time change, it's showing up twice in VA manage my booking, I think that's why I got the message about the status of the ticket.
I'm getting the same message as CDKing when I try and do anything with my other flights.
AAHHHHH!!!!!! I knew it looked like there were too many segments. I have extra SEA-LAX segment. Times look the same on the VA site but checking between that and the confirmation, the DL flights moved 10 min later. SO i guess this will keep happening for the next several months before my trip since DL seems to like to make changes weekly.

Originally Posted by nichojo
Are you going to call or ride it out for a bit?
I'm not until May so will be sitting back as DL makes the next 50 changes to the times.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
As with any mistake fare the airlines will be closely looking at all the fine print in the t&c's.

As a guess some one at VA HQ will checking what all these tickets will cost VA(DL). They will be looking to minimise the liability.
Um... thanks?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi

They found out about it Thursday afternoon.
nichojo and earlyriser like this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
....10 char....

Last edited by earlyriser; Nov 5, 2017 at 8:25 pm Reason: See next post.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: QFF, MR
My ticket seems to be cancelled. Booked with AMEX travel Australia. The PRN is no longer pulling up a booking on VA or DL websites.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
My PNRs are all fine.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by timothycr18
My ticket seems to be cancelled. Booked with AMEX travel Australia. The PRN is no longer pulling up a booking on VA or DL websites.
Ah crap... not good.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:51 pm

What happens when you try to retrieve it using your ticket number on DL's site? Is your ticket 006 or 795 stock?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
Originally Posted by Peregrinus
What happens when you try to retrieve it using your ticket number on DL's site? Is your ticket 006 or 795 stock?
Same as the previous VA 'sale' policy - where OTA bookings were cancelled and direct bookings honoured?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: QFF, MR
Originally Posted by Peregrinus
It was 795 VA stock.

Originally Posted by terryversay
Same as the previous VA 'sale' policy - where OTA bookings were cancelled and direct bookings honoured?
I think that might be the case. Lesson learnt, always book direct.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:38 pm

I booked mine on 795 stock through PL and it is still alive. Not counting on it to live another day though.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:43 pm

It was 795 VA stock.
Are you able to view the reservation on the Amex booking site?

Originally Posted by terryversay
In the DFW-MEL case -- as I understand it -- only reservations that hadn't yet been ticketed by the OTA (primarily PL) were cancelled. Issued OTA tickets have been left intact, so that does not signify a Virgin policy against OTA bookings.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anna1985
My Delta flight OAK - LAX had a time change, it's showing up twice in VA manage my booking, I think that's why I got the message about the status of the ticket.
I'm getting the same message as CDKing when I try and do anything with my other flights.
Originally Posted by CDKing
AAHHHHH!!!!!! I knew it looked like there were too many segments. I have extra SEA-LAX segment.
The extra leg disappeared and the select seats option is back and working again.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
I booked direct and my booking shows up fine....for now :P

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.