Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by durod
i twitter dm'd them and they said they'd honour my economy fare (booked direct; eticket received), and only today did i receive cancellation email...

surely the added confirmation affords more rights??
I'm in the same boat... booked direct, got ticket number, and got a confirmation via twitter...
i have no idea if any of that will matter, but i'll keep trying. let me know if you get anywhere.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Just checked with Expedia and AMEX Travel. My 3 bookings are still intact. Maybe the DL metal/flights are the issue? All are VA stock. Just waiting like most. Would like them either be canceled so I can look for other deals for those dates or know they are good. Not much to do but wait and see. At least when the AZ tickets were canceled they did by months...
Did anyone fly on these?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by zebranz
Just checked with Expedia and AMEX Travel. My 3 bookings are still intact. Maybe the DL metal/flights are the issue? All are VA stock. Just waiting like most. Would like them either be canceled so I can look for other deals for those dates or know they are good. Not much to do but wait and see. At least when the AZ tickets were canceled they did by months...
Did anyone fly on these?
looks like my confirmation number is no longer working =(
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had my VA flight on the AKL-US fare cancelled & I filed a complaint with the DOT & they have advised that it's a valid complaint & they will look into it based on number of complaints.

If if you are impacted, please either file a complaint directly with the US DOT with a copy of your confirmed itinerary and a BRIEF note as to what happened to you.

https://airconsumer.dot.gov/escompla...nsumerForm.cfm

You should file if you booked this fare & was cancelled as it will show systemic challenges.
boxo likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
This morning after seeing all these post I went to check my ticket and I couldn't use my confirmation code on VA. I had booked via VA through Chase Ultimate Rewards.

I just got off the phone with Chase and they said it was an error fare and my ticket had been canceled.. waited on hold for 20 minutes and the rep came back and asked if I would be okay paying the adjusted fare, I said no.

She then went ahead and rebooked me on the same flights without having to pay extra! She tried to book me through Delta and I was actually able to convince her to book me through VA instead so I could accrue more miles

Totally shocked it worked!
bhatnasx and earlyriser like this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by 6foot7
This morning after seeing all these post I went to check my ticket and I couldn't use my confirmation code on VA. I had booked via VA through Chase Ultimate Rewards.

I just got off the phone with Chase and they said it was an error fare and my ticket had been canceled.. waited on hold for 20 minutes and the rep came back and asked if I would be okay paying the adjusted fare, I said no.

She then went ahead and rebooked me on the same flights without having to pay extra! She tried to book me through Delta and I was actually able to convince her to book me through VA instead so I could accrue more miles

Totally shocked it worked!
Just be aware they may find it again and cancel it again.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by CDKing
Just be aware they may find it again and cancel it again.
I got re-ticketed on VA by Chase and it's showing they paid $1,300+ for the ticket

New confirmation and ticket numbers.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:19 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Virgin cancelling these a week later is not sitting well with anyone. Twitter is ablaze with people complaining to DOT. Normally I would move on, but since half the world is, why not. I filed a complaint as well.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Hairbus380
Virgin cancelling these a week later is not sitting well with anyone. Twitter is ablaze with people complaining to DOT. Normally I would move on, but since half the world is, why not. I filed a complaint as well.
I complained via their complaint form that the twitter ppl linked me to, but when that doesn't work, I will also be filing a DOT complaint. I understand mistake fares are YMMV, but there should be some basic stipulations that the airlines have to follow. Waiting over a week to cancel is BS.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by flymeawaygirl
I complained via their complaint form that the twitter ppl linked me to, but when that doesn't work, I will also be filing a DOT complaint. I understand mistake fares are YMMV, but there should be some basic stipulations that the airlines have to follow. Waiting over a week to cancel is BS.
hmm got a response from virgin willing to reimburse, but they want my bank account information?!

We will reimburse you for any reasonable, verifiable, non-refundable out of pocket expenses you have incurred in reliance on your Booking. To request reimbursement, please respond to this email with a copy of your receipt and proof of cancellation along with the following bank account details:

Account Name:

Account Number:

Bank Name:

Routing Number:

(9 Digits)
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by VladQ
+1. With ANA business fare to Australia I literally paid $600 extra to ensure that I don't ruin the deal for others by not calling to add an infant to our booking while the deal was on (I could not get him ticketed through the same OTA). They've honored the fare, but when the deal was over and I called them to add the infant, we paid more for the infant in lap (which is 10% of the adult fare at the time of ticketing) than for the adult that had a seat included. I am grateful to those who found and shared the deal and I am sure my not calling the airline at the time helped others take advantage of the deal for a few more hours.
Why didn't you just buy a seat for the baby at this price?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by mew24680
hmm got a response from virgin willing to reimburse, but they want my bank account information?!
That's unusual. I would just reply with the receipts and ask them to send a check. You can always tell them you don't have a bank account that accepts direct deposits, if they relent.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why didn't you just buy a seat for the baby at this price?
There was no availability for an additional seat at that fare.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:23 pm

I received compensation for my non-refundable tickets today, after providing my banking information. After foreign currency conversion and bank fees, I am out about $30 in the end, but I don;t think I have the energy to get that back from Virgin Australia.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by YOWflyer81
I received compensation for my non-refundable tickets today, after providing my banking information. After foreign currency conversion and bank fees, I am out about $30 in the end, but I don;t think I have the energy to get that back from Virgin Australia.
I am still waiting on my check!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.