Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:51 pm

A good news data point - booked via AMEX and ticketed within 30 minutes, payment posted to my Chase Visa on 11/1.

VA confirmed on Twitter that they would honor my booking as it was ticketed and paid for.

From Twitter and Facebook comments, they seem to be honoring bookings that were actually ticketed across all booking channels, which I think is commendable on VA's part.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by a330300
A good news data point - booked via AMEX and ticketed within 30 minutes, payment posted to my Chase Visa on 11/1.

VA confirmed on Twitter that they would honor my booking as it was ticketed and paid for.

From Twitter and Facebook comments, they seem to be honoring bookings that were actually ticketed across all booking channels, which I think is commendable on VA's part.
I wonder why Amex would ticket and Priceline would not. But congrats to you!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by veeRob
I wonder why Amex would ticket and Priceline would not. But congrats to you!
Not quite sure, but it may come down to some of the internal processes that OTAs have.

AMEX is powered by Orbitz, which seems to ticket pretty quickly.

Seems like many of the delayed/not ticketed ones were through Priceline. They may have have had internal flags based on the fare/volume that sent these tickets to a queue, or the sheer number of bookings may have caused a backup somewhere that delayed ticketing.

In my case, I had a feeling that Priceline would have trouble when it didn't ticket immediately, so I made an additional booking via AMEX. (In hindsight, I should've booked directly on the VA site.)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
Good news!

I just received an unsolicited call from Priceline noting that was an error in ticketing my reservation and that are going to be issuing me new tickets for my reservation at no extra cost. I did not call prior to receiving this call. So it looks like they are honoring this airfare and should be good news for people like me who hadn't seen a charge yet but had a reservation show up in My Trips on the Priceline website (and even though I received an initial email saying they canceled my reservation).
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:32 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by hfs_flyer
I just received an unsolicited call from Priceline noting that was an error in ticketing my reservation and that are going to be issuing me new tickets for my reservation at no extra cost. I did not call prior to receiving this call. So it looks like they are honoring this airfare and should be good news for people like me who hadn't seen a charge yet but had a reservation show up in My Trips on the Priceline website (and even though I received an initial email saying they canceled my reservation).
Interesting.

I have a pending charge of $1.00 still from PL on my amex. Then last night, a new $185 pending charge from Virgin Australia showed up. I "booked" this through PL and attempted to book the same flights through Virgin as well, but kept getting errors on the last screen.

VIRGIN AUSTRALIA - NZ - DIRECT
56 EDMONSTONE ROAD
BOWEN HILLS
AUSTRALIA
BRISBANE
NEW ZEALAND

Will be interesting to see what happens. Nothing shows up on my priceline account, and the original booking reference # pulls up nothing on the virgin site.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I'm just killing myself for not booking on a better site. I knew that jojo OTA would botch this.

I had no idea it was on VA until AFTER and I only found out about priceline/expedia after too. I probably should've just booked an identical itinerary and if both got charged, it still would've only been like $500 CAD. Right when I booked it I kinda KNEW it would never fly, but everything went fine on the OTA so I was buoyed a little by that. But I didn't get that sort of rush that I normally get when booking a mistake fare, cuz I was pretty confident it'd never pass.

HOWEVER, kudos to VA, as I predicted, for honoring the ones that got ticketed, I just had a feeling their corporate culture would be cool about this, seems like that was spot on.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by hfs_flyer
I hope they don't reinstate mine. I got on the business class deal ex AKL that came up a day to two later.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by CDKing
I hope they don't reinstate mine. I got on the business class deal ex AKL that came up a day to two later.
I don’t think you have to worry about that. Don’t we have exactly two reports that this is going to happen? We know what that probably means.....
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by CDKing
... but did you?

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...honoring-fare/
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
For those who got ticketed and are crediting to Delta - is there a way to manage the booking online? It's not showing up for me on Delta, despite having my DLFF#. It doesn't show up on my VA account, because my DL FF# is associated with the booking. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by veeRob
Well damn. no email yet must be going in fly order.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I just got cancellation notice for this fare today from expedia. Was fully ticketed.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:28 am

My reservation just disappeared more than one week later. Booked on Amex.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:40 am

VA Orbitz economy booking also cancelled this morning at 1:55am; Even with confirmed Ticket # . Booked it for $300 in April.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:49 am

Interestingly, my reservation through AMEX that VA had confirmed via Twitter previously has now been canceled. Will be reaching out to see what's going on...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.