Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA, MP, DL
Originally Posted by mills1090
Via Twitter after blaming it on Virgin Australia, Pricelince said that my ticket was cancelled due to low fare.
There twitter feed is humorous right now...but at least they seem to have stopped blaming VA. The FB VA people just got to work and started posted
mills1090 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by citrusflyer
So, if you booked through the VA website, and received an email with ticket numbers, and have not heard anything about cancellations... when and how can you confirm that they are going to honor it?
@citrusflyer
I would hold off...as far as I can tell based on the social media accounts they still haven't decided if they will honor or not...direct purchases only.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by ldubin
@citrusflyer
I would hold off...as far as I can tell based on the social media accounts they still haven't decided if they will honor or not...direct purchases only.
Thanks. should i message them via Facebook, or just chill out and see what happens?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by citrusflyer
Thanks. should i message them via Facebook, or just chill out and see what happens?
I'd chill out...eat some halloween candy....I've just been watching their FB and twitter accounts to see how they are dealing with people. I feel bad for them when dealing with the people who aren't clear on what a mistake fare is/thought this was 100% in stone bookable and are now super angry at them...or blaming them for Priceline.
citrusflyer likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Anyone got a link to discussions going on on VA FB? I took a look but didn't see it.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:13 pm

Go to their FB page and click Posts on the left hand side. On the right hand side after that you will see Visitor Posts. They are replying to people there...twitter is the same...but in 140chars (didn't that change that)

FB is an internal link...like it just take you to main page not the visitor post
https://twitter.com/VirginAustralia/with_replies

Last edited by ldubin; Oct 31, 2017 at 3:19 pm Reason: Added link
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:29 pm

Thank you! My FB-Fu is not good.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:44 pm

Other folks that booked direct with VA: Do you have a credit card charge, yet? I do not have either a posted or pending charge to the card I used, though I do have confirmations, ticket #s and bought-up (exit row) seats assigned.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ldubin
Go to their FB page and click Posts on the left hand side. On the right hand side after that you will see Visitor Posts. They are replying to people there...twitter is the same...but in 140chars (didn't that change that)

FB is an internal link...like it just take you to main page not the visitor post
https://twitter.com/VirginAustralia/with_replies
The amount of whining and making things up from these FB posts is sad. Hopefully none of them are FTers!

Sadly what would be most unfair is if they decide to give tickets to some PLers who had theirs cancelled because they whined while others do not get it if they didnt whine on FB.
ldubin and citrusflyer like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
This is all for the better, you didn't really want to fly to Oz in Y, did you...When you get a better deal in J in a week or two you will be thankful you didn't block that time with this trip....
ldubin likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by angra
Other folks that booked direct with VA: Do you have a credit card charge, yet? I do not have either a posted or pending charge to the card I used, though I do have confirmations, ticket .
I booked through their site and the charge showed up this morning on my card.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
This is all for the better, you didn't really want to fly to Oz in Y, did you...When you get a better deal in J in a week or two you will be thankful you didn't block that time with this trip....
For $150 I would :-p!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
Even though I received a cancellation email from Priceline yesterday, my itinerary still shows up in My Trips on their website. But unfortunately I do not see a credit card charge yet so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it disappears from My Trips.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by mew24680
The amount of whining and making things up from these FB posts is sad. Hopefully none of them are FTers!

Sadly what would be most unfair is if they decide to give tickets to some PLers who had theirs cancelled because they whined while others do not get it if they didnt whine on FB.
Well I never *hrumph* cancel my ticket priced so far under market/sale value I will never fly VA AGAIN (never mind they show a email from PL...which seems to the only ones cancelling outright)! I love those ones specifically...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by hfs_flyer
Even though I received a cancellation email from Priceline yesterday, my itinerary still shows up in My Trips on their website. But unfortunately I do not see a credit card charge yet so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it disappears from My Trips.
I'm the reverse...CC charge still pending but nothing on PL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.