Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AA, MP, DL
Originally Posted by shimps1
Priceline cancellation email for me as well. Not going to pursue it, oh well.
I found their wording in ToS and I'm going to drop it too...sadly. Was a fun <24 hours :-p Several people on FB have been ticketed and honored...but via direct or a credit card portal (AMEX, Chase Reward, etc)
(From a survivor of the DCA->PEK AA Biz deal)

Last edited by ldubin; Oct 31, 2017 at 10:38 am
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:39 am

So, if you booked through the VA website, and received an email with ticket numbers, and have not heard anything about cancellations... when and how can you confirm that they are going to honor it?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: DL-PM
Originally Posted by ldubin
I found their wording in ToS and I'm going to drop it too...sadly. Was a fun <24 hours :-p Several people on FB have been ticketed and honored...but via direct or a credit card portal (AMEX, Chase Reward, etc)
I read that same portion on their ToS page. I understand that error fares happen, but in this day & age the line between error and ridiculous sale is becoming blurred. My itinerary ended up pricing out at about $250, which is on the border of what could be considered a ridiculous fare considering today I see LAX-KUL fares for ~$300... IMO this leaves airlines the ability to go to an OTA and cancel a bunch of fares that were legitimately low.
ldubin likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:47 am

Extremely disappointed with your decision to not honor airline tickets after payment went thru and I even chose my seats via phone. Will never choose to fly with Virgin again. -Facebook user --who booked via PL
If you can I'd say wait a day or two...if VA has a chat on their website you could try that...but I'd still say wait. It still seems fluid in whats happening. My last mistake fair was before the law change and they still took a few days to confirm they would honor it

Last edited by ldubin; Oct 31, 2017 at 11:24 am
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by mills1090
I read that same portion on their ToS page. I understand that error fares happen, but in this day & age the line between error and ridiculous sale is becoming blurred. My itinerary ended up pricing out at about $250, which is on the border of what could be considered a ridiculous fare considering today I see LAX-KUL fares for ~$300... IMO this leaves airlines the ability to go to an OTA and cancel a bunch of fares that were legitimately low.
And we had laws/rules/regulations against that...and we still do but its now more spelled out that if the airline can PROVE it was a mistake they can null it. Lucky has a good overview here As far as I can tell there is no official "Yeah we are honoring these and not these" yet but with OTAs ToS I would think writing them off and honoring direct would be "easy" for a legal team to defend.

Last edited by ldubin; Oct 31, 2017 at 10:59 am
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:52 am

Priceline $281 tickets still showing as ticketed for me and can access seat assignment and reservation via delta website.

Am I the only one not canceled through Priceline?
ldubin likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by OliverWinthorpe
Priceline $281 tickets still showing as ticketed for me and can access seat assignment and reservation via delta website.

Morbid curiosity when did you book (does it have a time on it)?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by OliverWinthorpe

Nope! So far I have been able to choose seats on DL legs and bid for upgrades on VA legs (did not bid but have the ability to do so). Was also sent a "add a hotel to your reservation" email from PL. Flight records, eticket numbers, PL confirmation numbers still active. Not quite sure what to think...
ldubin likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:09 pm

Morbid curiosity when did you book (does it have a time on it)?
4:41 PST, Received PL email at 4:45
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:12 pm

I'm thinking maybe I and the others cancelled booked towards the end of the mistake and priceline really doesn't have access to those seats/price at that time. I booked at like 19:10-15ish EDT... TFD posted at 1846

EDIT:
Welp there goes that idea...though maybe it is a date/time thing. Like...actual availability varied and it wasn't a blanked error.

Last edited by ldubin; Oct 31, 2017 at 12:14 pm Reason: Posted
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Priceline just called me to cancel the ticket, claiming an "airline system issue".
Steveholt - When did you book? I booked about 30 minutes after you posted, I assume you booked right when you posted or near then.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:19 pm

Mine was booked at 4:25pm PST.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:20 pm

hmm, mine ticketed already. I haven't booked an error fare in over a year- remind me- does this mean I am safe or can it still be cancelled by VA? I recall getting the ticket number was always the thing I held my breath on...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:21 pm

My booking via Priceline also still showing up on DL and VA. Booked around 4pm PDT.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:13 pm

Via Twitter after blaming it on Virgin Australia, Pricelince said that my ticket was cancelled due to low fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.