Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by jk88usa
yes yes I understand the flyertalk mentality but it was a foreign website with no listed phone number...figured I’d better call virgin to make sure it didn’t go thru...sorry.
you should've waited. too late now. don't ruin it for others in the future.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I balked at this, I wasn't gonna risk saving $12 in exchange for maybe being denied for not being a student or whatever. Do they ask you for anything? Ever used that OTA before?.
Yea I’ve used it before, never a problem for me the 3-4 times I’ve done it. AFAIK they just get special rates with the airlines but once booked there is absolutely no way to verify whether you’re a student.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by maddie5218
Im sorry I’ll take all the rage that the people on this forum provide but this is ridiculous...the $150 was gone half an hour before I called and the $280 was already causing people problems and not ticketing. To say i ruined it...please...

and as I said, made no mention of the ticketed cheaper fare whatsoever.

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 30, 2017 at 9:37 pm Reason: TOS 12
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Mcdonoughdr
Booked direct with Virgin Australia DFW-LAX-MLB 30NOV-02DEC and back to LAX the same day...
I got one day and one night stay. As soon as I noticed GF didn't show all the dates on the calendar and i found a few days earlier departure the good deal was pulled. I'm probably going to cancel anyways.

All in, its much cheaper for me to wait for another super cheap ANA or China Eastern from JFK and go to SE Asia instead for not much more
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I can’t find anything, anyone finding anything
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:05 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by maddie5218
+1. With ANA business fare to Australia I literally paid $600 extra to ensure that I don't ruin the deal for others by not calling to add an infant to our booking while the deal was on (I could not get him ticketed through the same OTA). They've honored the fare, but when the deal was over and I called them to add the infant, we paid more for the infant in lap (which is 10% of the adult fare at the time of ticketing) than for the adult that had a seat included. I am grateful to those who found and shared the deal and I am sure my not calling the airline at the time helped others take advantage of the deal for a few more hours.
johnnywho likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:07 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Just received an email from Expedia

We are contacting you in regards to your recent purchase made on Expedia.com.

AIRLINE has made a major schedule change prior to your tickets being issued for your reservation. At this time your reservation and fare has not been guaranteed until the tickets have been issued.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused; however, it is important that you contact our offices at 1-877-247-0153 and reference case number S-150002666. Our agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

This is an unmonitored alias. Please do not respond to this e-mail. Please contact the number listed above for any further information.

Thank you for choosing Expedia.com.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: CX DM
Is the fare gone? If not, any sample dates?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
Got a cancellation email

I just received an email from Priceline that they have canceled my itinerary. It still shows up in Priceline with confirmed seats and ticket numbers. Not sure it's going to be honored.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:13 pm

Amazing deal mates! Saw the 100 dollar fares on studentuniverse but had bad cancellation experiences, tried going with priceline, but it kept disallowing my booking so I gave up and booked straight at virgin, 300 dollars roundtrip, not bad!
sonofzeus likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:14 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by hfs_flyer
I just received an email from Priceline that they have canceled my itinerary. It still shows up in Priceline with confirmed seats and ticket numbers. Not sure it's going to be honored.

Do not call them.

If the charge went through, and you have ticket #'s, you are usually fine.

I have successfully flown flights that priceline emailed me a cancellation notice on.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Hairbus380
Do not call them.

If the charge went through, and you have ticket #'s, you are usually fine.

I have successfully flown flights that priceline emailed me a cancellation notice on.
Definitely not calling them anytime soon. Printed my itinerary with ticket numbers and seats so once the dust settles and IF my itinerary disappears from online then I'll see what can be done.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Congratulations to those who got in on this. I started searching when the thread had zero replies got refared by PL repeatedly and gave Orbitz via kayak a go, got refared after credit card details.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
Priceline ticketed...

Got in on 3 tix from Priceline DFW-MEL-DAL late Apr. for a week. $940 for the lot. Have ticket numbers and assigned seats on the DL operated segments. Let’s see...

Last edited by TYSDoc; Oct 30, 2017 at 7:22 pm Reason: wrong date
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:23 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jk88usa
Called and reservation agent said I was ticketed ... now shows up in my DL profile too.

$0 base fare on studentuniverse...not sure how it worked but glad it did!
This is why we can't have nice things.
BearX220, Renard, GuyverII and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.