Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
Just an fyi data point

Priceline called again yesterday just to confirm my itinerary one more time and let me know I should be receiving an email with new ticket numbers and a new confirmation number. They also wanted to confirm the total to be charged to my credit card ($172 x 2). Sure enough, I received an email last night with all of the above, my credit card has now been charged, and I can see and modify my itinerary on Virgin's website (I couldn't before with the old conf #).

Now the question is, worth the $120 upgrade to economy X?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:37 pm

Went to look at my reservation today, booked through Priceline. No cancellation notice, they say reservation fine and confirmed. Fully charged and ticket numbers given over a week ago, upgraded my seats and fully charged through Virgin Australia. Today my reservation showed PNR cancelled at VA website. VA won't talk to me, states to call travel agent. PL states must refund and rebook. I refused and said to leave reservation alone. What to do now?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cotomom
Went to look at my reservation today, booked through Priceline. No cancellation notice, they say reservation fine and confirmed. Fully charged and ticket numbers given over a week ago, upgraded my seats and fully charged through Virgin Australia. Today my reservation showed PNR cancelled at VA website. VA won't talk to me, states to call travel agent. PL states must refund and rebook. I refused and said to leave reservation alone. What to do now?
move on to the next deal
Kewldude21 and bitterproffit like this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by a330300
A good news data point - booked via AMEX and ticketed within 30 minutes, payment posted to my Chase Visa on 11/1.

VA confirmed on Twitter that they would honor my booking as it was ticketed and paid for.

From Twitter and Facebook comments, they seem to be honoring bookings that were actually ticketed across all booking channels, which I think is commendable on VA's part.
For a data point:

I booked directly, and just today received a cancellation email.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by flymeawaygirl
For a data point:

I booked directly, and just today received a cancellation email.
What is going on with Virgin! Received an email saying that they are cancelling my ticket?! Its been more than a week and they decide to pull these shenanigans!!!! :m ad:
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Hi all. I just got my cancellation email from VA at about 6:30pm EST today.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:00 pm

Weird, I thought VA was planning on honoring at least some of these. Clearly the biz fare later last week caused them to have a change of heart
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: Oneworlder; Etihad
Originally Posted by invalyd
Weird, I thought VA was planning on honoring at least some of these. Clearly the biz fare later last week caused them to have a change of heart
i twitter dm'd them and they said they'd honour my economy fare (booked direct; eticket received), and only today did i receive cancellation email...

surely the added confirmation affords more rights??
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
So I got the same cancellation e-mail, but booking is showing up as valid still.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by durod
i twitter dm'd them and they said they'd honour my economy fare (booked direct; eticket received), and only today did i receive cancellation email...

surely the added confirmation affords more rights??
you can certainly try fighting it.
i imagine whoever is ordering these cancellations has a way higher pay grade than the intern running their twitter though.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just got a cancellation from VA too. Any recourse with credit card i.e. Chase?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by greycap7
Just got a cancellation from VA too. Any recourse with credit card i.e. Chase?
what recourse would there be? they're already offering you a full refund.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by invalyd
what recourse would there be? they're already offering you a full refund.
Trip Cancellation protection
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:59 am

lol I noticed a bunch of the DFW fare holders have been spamming the VA twitter account...good on you!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by greycap7
Trip Cancellation protection
Tickets are/will be refunded in full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.