Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: QF
Just wanted to send a big thanks to everyone in this thread for posting info.
My girlfriend and I just booked an amazing trip based off it for the latter part of the year.
Good luck to all with this booking!
our_kid likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by rosege
Just wanted to send a big thanks to everyone in this thread for posting info.
My girlfriend and I just booked an amazing trip based off it for the latter part of the year.
Good luck to all with this booking!
You should post your routing and your price Share the information!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:54 pm

our_kid likes this.

Last edited by rosege; Jun 24, 2018 at 10:58 pm Reason: attachment error
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
What interface is that? Since you have dropdown menus?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory

I was wondering that myself. I was originally suspect that it was a cover-up because poster has 2Y and 6J segments and an airport change in LON. When I played around with it I was getting full fare Y on the last segment HKG-TYO. I forced the routing specific to the exampled itinerary dates/times/flight numbers and it priced out eactly as shown in the classes shown. This is the first example I have seen with a co-terminal other than TYO and first time seeing an EK flight book into I. Interesting.

Maybe it is time to check out other co-terminals and open jaws.

James
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:29 am

don't forget this marvelous guy has 2 stopovers, you can shave another 100USD off by cutting a stopover. (1 is free anyway) And I think you can stop anywhere along the way, LON, SIN, HKG...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beyounged
don't forget this marvelous guy has 2 stopovers, you can shave another 100USD off by cutting a stopover. (1 is free anyway) And I think you can stop anywhere along the way, LON, SIN, HKG...
The stopover in Madrid is FREE on the ICN-SCL fare. The stopover in Madrid is FREE on the SCL-TYO fare. The time in SCL is not a stopover. It is the time between when the ICN-SCL fare ends & SCL-TYO fare starts. No possiblity to shave anything else off. I have had success with stopovers at the start or end of a LA flight like PPT or MAD but no success with stopovers on other flights like SEZ.

When I replicated his itinerary it booked into J naturally. No forced booking class or cabin.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Its just powertools with firefox - and in powertools it has editor mode enabled
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
What's that editor mode?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
My boarding pass will be LA as I am flying LA806 which is Operated by QF and a flight that is eligible for credit until the new chart becomes effective July 1st.

Unfortunately I don't think you will be successful with your Dragon Air flight as there is no partnership with Dragon Air. This would be akin to flying an IB coded flight operated by BA.

James
I just did my manual request for Dragon air coded and CX operated. It posted today. So getting a reprint from QF will likely work out for you.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:31 pm

From the powertools page

Features added to the itinerary details page:
  • convert times into 24h format
  • translation support
  • open fare rules in new window by default
  • price breakdown (base fare, taxes & carrier imposed surcharges)
  • editor mode (adjust cabin prior extraction)
  • multiple handy links (Seatguru, Planefinder, WhereToCredit)
  • new on page features like detailed mileage breakdown*, GCM-Map* and earned frequent flyer miles*
  • create links to various providers (OTAs / airlines / other tools) to try direct booking of your itinerary
ChocolateFactory likes this.

Last edited by rosege; Jun 25, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
The stopover in Madrid is FREE on the ICN-SCL fare. The stopover in Madrid is FREE on the SCL-TYO fare. The time in SCL is not a stopover. It is the time between when the ICN-SCL fare ends & SCL-TYO fare starts. No possiblity to shave anything else off. I have had success with stopovers at the start or end of a LA flight like PPT or MAD but no success with stopovers on other flights like SEZ.

When I replicated his itinerary it booked into J naturally. No forced booking class or cabin.
I've also noticed that most stopovers force the price a lot higher and your words about the stopover having to be at the beginning or end of a LA segment make a lot of sense. That's a useful piece of information. On my last trip I stopped over in PPT and IPC without forcing the price much higher. It may not be a rock solid rule though - I'm currently on a three month "stopover" in EDI (my home location) on a AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-LHR-EDI-HEL-TYO routing, all in Y. There's no point in trying to find cheap fares with a stopover in SEZ, DPS etc if it's never going to happen. I've wasted a lot of time on it, believe me!

Last edited by andymac66; Jun 25, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:40 pm

you can definitely stopover when you have some OW carriers.
Just finished a grand trip over 100 days, 4 tix on this fare. Even OJ at some places are ok, but I utilized mostly AY on stopovers.
last journey a few months back: ICN-MAD-SCL, SCL-MAD-FRA//FRA-HEL-PVG-HND ~700USD
this journey: each trip <1000USD, all plebe class
1. ICN-MAD-LIM-SCL, SCL-GYE-LIM-MAD-HEL-RVN//RVN-HEL-BKK-ICN-KIX
2. ICN-MAD-LIM-IQT//IQT-LIM-GYE-SCL, SCL-BOG-LIM-BCN-ICN-KIX
3. ICN-HEL-MAD-LIM-GRU-SCL, SCL-LIM-MAD-HEL-PRG//PRG-HEL-MLA//MLA-HEL-FUK-ICN-KIX
4. ICN-HKG-HEL-MAD-GYE-LIM-EZE-SCL, SCL-LIM-BCN-HEL-CHQ//HER-HEL-WAW//WAW-HEL-PVG-PUS-KIX
takeaways:
OJ definitely possible, stopovers in random places possible.
try avoiding MAD/BCN-LIM, these are ancient LA767, took it too many times and the IFE is basically unusable
AY helps you to very nice places in Europe
definitely for only 2 kinds of people: poor folks like me who want to go to difficult-to-reach places while earning EQM, or deep pockets who wish to cruise around the world's major cities in J.
over 100k EQM logged on AS. over 200k earned as MVPG75K for last 4 trips
interesting occurrences:
trip 4, as you can see, has 17 segments, over the 16 limit. priced out on LA via tools, payment went through, etix took 2 months for someone to re-issue manually on HEL-WAW-HEL segments. LA paid 270EUR for the two legs which booked in L class.
in trip 3, I missed my PRG-HEL-MLA flight (was having too much fun) and LA resolved it after excessive calling for 2 days. no penalties, all other segments restored, only paid another tix to MLA. Thanks to @ChocolateFactory for the help!

if there is enough demand, I may write a TR. also I can experiment around it a bit more, as I played around it for about 4 months before my trip began, but the devaluation of LA earnings on AS really made me hesitant. at 50% base miles for almost all Y buckets, this deal is as dead as my future, at least to me. If I would ever do it again, it will probably be a J run, but I think for TP it is not the best value if I want to do it as TP run.
Mrp Alert, our_kid, jfkeze and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:59 pm

When I played around with it I was getting full fare Y on the last segment HKG-TYO. This is the first example I have seen with a co-terminal other than TYO and first time seeing an EK flight book into I. Interesting.
When I redid the route for the screenshot I was also getting Y on last segment which was different from last week when I booked it - I had to poke around a bit to find the class I actually got on that last segment.
I actually dont have the co-terminal in my real booking - I had seen that when looking at options but when I booked it both were LHR (I figured the EK lounge would be better at LHR than LGW). I just did the matrix quickly and didnt notice it had the co-terminal for that one - with this route you can book EK J from LHR LGW and I think I also saw STN as an option for this.

Last edited by rosege; Jun 25, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:36 pm

Is anyone able to get this starting in Jan for a reasonable price? - economy is fine
Jan seems to be double the price from what I can tell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.