Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by our_kid
I tried - and failed - with MPN!
Yeah, I tried and failed with MPN as well. I got there on Avios a few years ago so not too disapointed!
our_kid likes this.

Last edited by andymac66; Jun 16, 2018 at 10:11 am
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
I tried - and failed - with MPN!
I even tried to get ASI with this fare (the Airlink JNB-HLE flight continues there on some dates). No chance though!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: QF
Hi All,

Ive just been playing around with this and I can do AKL -> SCL -> MAD -TYO and get some great fares but I'd really rather do it in reverse. Also happy to start from KUL or SIN.

Is anyone able to get that working?

I've read the thread and thought it could but maybe that was months ago?

Cheers
rosege
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
You can start in Seoul.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:59 pm

[QUOTE=rosege;29865584]Hi All,

Ive just been playing around with this and I can do AKL -> SCL -> MAD -TYO and get some great fares but I'd really rather do it in reverse. Also happy to start from KUL or SIN.

Is anyone able to get that working?

I've read the thread and thought it could but maybe that was months ago?

Can start from KUL via OZ/NZ
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:37 pm

Thanks ChocolateFactory I'll try that again - had been trying it but hadnt seen that good a deal but will keep at it.
@ElJudioErrante - would the routing go something like SYD - KUL - MAD - SCL or does it have to go through TYO too?
sorry just havent been able to see anything yet in that direction
Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
The fare is an open jaw to SCL, eg X-SCL-Y, where X is allowed to be one of some number of starting points (ICN, AKL, ...) and Y is TYO (and maybe other options?). There are routing rules that govern the direction of travel in the X-SCL and SCL-Y legs, so I doubt that SYD-KUL-MAD-SCL is a valid routing. I think ElJudioErrante was suggesting KUL-OZ/NZ-SCL-MAD-TYO.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by rill2503456
The fare is an open jaw to SCL, eg X-SCL-Y, where X is allowed to be one of some number of starting points (ICN, AKL, ...) and Y is TYO (and maybe other options?). There are routing rules that govern the direction of travel in the X-SCL and SCL-Y legs, so I doubt that SYD-KUL-MAD-SCL is a valid routing. I think ElJudioErrante was suggesting KUL-OZ/NZ-SCL-MAD-TYO.
Correct, I found this all Y routing on Malaysian expedia.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:32 am

Now it is the best in economy. Date of my AKL-PPT is fixed. Price is $1200. Any ideas how to improve it?
I wonder if you can still add some stop for example on the way from MAD to TYO without a significant increase in price?

Last edited by Mateuszz; Jun 15, 2018 at 4:23 am Reason: edit
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by Mateuszz
Now it is the best in economy. Date of my AKL-PPT is fixed. Price is $1200. Any ideas how to improve it?
I wonder if you can still add some stop for example on the way from MAD to TYO without a significant increase in price?
Try MAD/DOH/CMB
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Anyone managed QF9/10 on this fare?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mateuszz
try forcing I fare, f bc=I in first scl return segment and you might get business class return for just a little more expensive.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter

try forcing I fare, f bc=I in first scl return segment and you might get business class return for just a little more expensive.
I think for this fellow FTer it may push it quite high over 2.3k, since his outbound is in Q and Y bucket and it is definitely not the cheaper buckets, if I were him I would try finding a cheaper date for X, N, V outbound. if he is fixed to this date then...
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by rill2503456
Thanks rill - its not valid routing - but I am finding it now doing ICN - MAD - SCL - SYD - HKG - TYO
Still playing around with the many variations but that fare is coming out around $877USD in various economy classes
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

Try MAD/DOH/CMB
I have SCL-MAD-DXB-ICN-HKG-TYO (All J) on one and SCL-MAD-LHR-SEZ-DXB-TYO (All J) on another.

Use multi city and on the second flight try SCL-TYO with f la.. in the fare advanced controls. Set +/- 2 days to help with connection times. In routing add FOUR connections and it will automatically move your return up to business. If you look back at my routings they are both 4 connections.

SCL-->MAD-DXB-ICN-HKG-->TYO
SCL-->MAD-LHR-SEZ-DXB-->TYO

You can use just about any routing you can think of MAD-LHR-DXB-SIN and LHR-DXB can be either BA or EK. MAD-LHR-HEL-HKG works too. If you try to add a fifth connection the fare breaks, shoots up and all the flights drop to high Y buckets while adding three or fewer will keep you in Y. I have done a lot of trial and error and spent many hours looking at combinations. At one time I had ICN-SCL//SCL-TYO via MAD all in Y for under $700 USD. When you are looking at your routing it appears from MAD you can move west (LON,AMS,PAR....) however from that point you need to move generally in an eastern direction to TYO. North and South along that route is okay.

I have had success with starting in OZ/NZ & South Korea. If you want to visit PPT & IPC keep in mind that there is only ONE LA flight PER WEEK between PPT & IPC which departs at 3:00 am on Tuesday morning. It does give you a nice 23 hour layover for almost a full day in IPC without a stopover.

If you want to go west instead of east, ICN-MAD-SCL will work and you can contine west to TYO via NZ and/or OZ or return back via MAD or North via LIM, LAX/JFK or MIA/DFW with AA. SQ fifth-freedom flight from LAX-TYO is also possible as is LAX-YVR-TYO on JL.

As I continue to play with it I have had success on a Western route to SCL from OZ. SYD-DXB-MAD-SCL or SYD-DXB-MAD-GRU/LIM-SCL. I haven't tried QR to DOH yet for OW but it may be an option too. Just make sure your last flight is LA coded.

I have also found that too many connections on the x-SCL will move the flights into J all except the last one and all flights on the SCL-TYO will drop into HIGH Y (usually Y) buckets which would be beneficial for FF programs that discount earnings on discounted fares.

A lot of information but hopefully this helps a few work out some great itineraries without breaking the bank. My first itinerary is ICN-HKG-SYD-SCL-MAD-DXB-ICN-HKG-NRT. First three flights in Y, the next 5 in J. $2.1K, ~$265.00 / segment, 30,404 miles, AS EQM 34K, 92K RDM with MVPG75K and CC spend. Notice that I am flying ICN-HKG twice, both on KE, once in Y and once in J. Crazy!

Happy Flying

James

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.