Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
My LA SYD-SCL in September is now EXCLUDED from the list of eligible flights. lol Hopefully AS will still honour it as it is a LA Flight Operated by QF, both of which are AS partners.

James
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by beyounged
again, you should try and read all previous posts carefully.
You need to enable LA by doing a little tweak on the code.
It is a LA fare, and TATL has to be on LA number, and it is ALWAYS LA stock, so as long as the airport is loaded in the system (so no, sadly HLE does not work) and you see it on OTA, you should be able to force it out, unless it is those stupid availability issues I mentioned 4 months back.
Did you have any luck with HLE? ITA has no problem including it in itineraries but getting it to price with LA or an OTA is tricky. I was only ever able to find an all economy itinerary with an OTA that included HLE.

ICN-MAD-SCL-GRU-JNB-HLE-JNB-SIN-HND for £1,353 in Economy.

Any tips on getting things to price on the LA website using Powertools? I altered the script and now have LATAM as an option but the vast majority of requests I throw at it don't do anything. I have the text "(Create session first)" under the LATAM link on Powertools. Is that correct? Should I be doing something else?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Anyone here who's had experience making changes to an already booked and partially flown itinerary?

I want to change my MAD-GYE-SCL fight to MAD-SCL direct to avoid Wamos; LATAM says they will do it fee free, but I have to have my OTA (Priceline) initiate the change. I could also have LATAM take over the ticket if Priceline proves incompetent. I'm worried about a change throwing the downline segments out of whack since I'm on multiple tickets/PNRs with one reservation...
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by andymac66
Did you have any luck with HLE? ITA has no problem including it in itineraries but getting it to price with LA or an OTA is tricky. I was only ever able to find an all economy itinerary with an OTA that included HLE.

Any tips on getting things to price on the LA website using Powertools? I altered the script and now have LATAM as an option but the vast majority of requests I throw at it don't do anything. I have the text "(Create session first)" under the LATAM link on Powertools. Is that correct? Should I be doing something else?
“Open session first” simply means you have to click the link once, close that window, and then click it again. In other words, you have to click the LATAM PowerTools link twice for it to work, as the first click only creates the session, so the LATAM website can “comprehend” what the PowerTools are sending to it.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory

“Open session first” simply means you have to click the link once, close that window, and then click it again. In other words, you have to click the LATAM PowerTools link twice for it to work, as the first click only creates the session, so the LATAM website can “comprehend” what the PowerTools are sending to it.
Thanks, I'll give it a try!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory

I still can't get it to work.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Not everything can be priced, I would try a simpler routing first.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by andymac66

I like how I wrote do not even attempt HLE and then someone tries to put HLE anyway lol
If you put HLE into the search bar on LA's website, it will not even recognize it, so I do not think it will work out splendidly. Also, a lot of city pairs will not price out at all. I really wanted to go for DBV but after months of try it will just not do it with my numerous routings. Same thing for GDN so I had to opt for WAW. I said months earlier in the thread that LA is a very tricky airline, and ITA does not know that. ITA simply search segment by segment what is available and produce an itinerary, but LA always tries to marry segments, enforce some kind of uniformity on all segments of a leg, so you need to trial and error for available methods and dates, and for HLE, I doubt there is even availability till EOS.
Maybe you can try to go to JNB first, then try and price it out. If it does, make JNB a stopover, and then add the JNB-HLE-JNB legs onto it, do SCL-JNB, JNB-HLE, HLE-TYO, and try to tag the 2 flights onto the already confirmed available flights. And honestly, the price is not even that good, I would rather buy a ticket to go JNB/CPT and then a separate ticket to HLE, might even come out cheaper.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
My LA SYD-SCL in September is now EXCLUDED from the list of eligible flights. lol Hopefully AS will still honour it as it is a LA Flight Operated by QF, both of which are AS partners.

James
I think you will probably be fine on a manual request w/ QF boarding pass. I'm about to see how this works out on my Dragon Air coded, Cathay operated fight i did a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
I think you will probably be fine on a manual request w/ QF boarding pass. I'm about to see how this works out on my Dragon Air coded, Cathay operated fight I did a few weeks ago.
My boarding pass will be LA as I am flying LA806 which is Operated by QF and a flight that is eligible for credit until the new chart becomes effective July 1st.

Unfortunately I don't think you will be successful with your Dragon Air flight as there is no partnership with Dragon Air. This would be akin to flying an IB coded flight operated by BA.

James
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
My boarding pass will be LA as I am flying LA806 which is Operated by QF and a flight that is eligible for credit until the new chart becomes effective July 1st.

Unfortunately I don't think you will be successful with your Dragon Air flight as there is no partnership with Dragon Air. This would be akin to flying an IB coded flight operated by BA.

James
See if you can get QF to reprint you a BP so you can get one with QF 27 on it

Mine from CX listed the operating carrier flight number. Though sadly it also lists sold as KA1XXX since they use a single reservation system, shouldn't have the same problem with QF
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by beyounged
I like how I wrote do not even attempt HLE and then someone tries to put HLE anyway lol
If you put HLE into the search bar on LA's website, it will not even recognize it, so I do not think it will work out splendidly. Also, a lot of city pairs will not price out at all. I really wanted to go for DBV but after months of try it will just not do it with my numerous routings. Same thing for GDN so I had to opt for WAW. I said months earlier in the thread that LA is a very tricky airline, and ITA does not know that. ITA simply search segment by segment what is available and produce an itinerary, but LA always tries to marry segments, enforce some kind of uniformity on all segments of a leg, so you need to trial and error for available methods and dates, and for HLE, I doubt there is even availability till EOS.
Maybe you can try to go to JNB first, then try and price it out. If it does, make JNB a stopover, and then add the JNB-HLE-JNB legs onto it, do SCL-JNB, JNB-HLE, HLE-TYO, and try to tag the 2 flights onto the already confirmed available flights. And honestly, the price is not even that good, I would rather buy a ticket to go JNB/CPT and then a separate ticket to HLE, might even come out cheaper.
Actually, I was trying to include HLE in routings even before I saw your post. Yes, the price wasn't that good but HLE is an expensive place to get to - the round trip from JNB is around £800. Seems like this fare isn't going to help much.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Anyone here who's had experience making changes to an already booked and partially flown itinerary?

I want to change my MAD-GYE-SCL fight to MAD-SCL direct to avoid Wamos; LATAM says they will do it fee free, but I have to have my OTA (Priceline) initiate the change. I could also have LATAM take over the ticket if Priceline proves incompetent. I'm worried about a change throwing the downline segments out of whack since I'm on multiple tickets/PNRs with one reservation...
Yes, re-fare, and re-price.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:48 am

While we're discussing HLE, what's the remotest, off the beaten track destination anyone has been able to include in this fare?

PS For the purposes of this thread, IPC doesn't count as remote or off the beaten track!

Last edited by andymac66; Jun 12, 2018 at 10:22 am
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
I tried - and failed - with MPN!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.