Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by our_kid
Had a look and OneWorld options ex MAD are quite difficult.

Found a nice MAD-DXB (EK) DXB-SIN-TYO (SQ) though if that's of any interest
i have no problem finding options, but ticketing it is.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by beyounged
as said earlier, LA via Powertools is the easiest to price out.
I just had a stopover in PRG for a week, and you just need to find availability of MAD-HEL-PRG, and PRG-HEL-NRT and those are hard to come by. worst cas scenario, MAD-PRG on OK seems to work, then connect to AY.
i dont think i have seen LA as option ever. What it requires, majority of flights on LA / OW?
Old May 27, 2018, 8:59 am

I'm trying to put together itinerary(startpoint not.important) using this fare that allows DXB/SEZ or even DXB/SEZ/DXB on EK, can someone please show me that as I've been trying trying and am so far unsuccessful?
Old May 27, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz

i dont think i have seen LA as option ever. What it requires, majority of flights on LA / OW?
again, you should try and read all previous posts carefully.
You need to enable LA by doing a little tweak on the code.
It is a LA fare, and TATL has to be on LA number, and it is ALWAYS LA stock, so as long as the airport is loaded in the system (so no, sadly HLE does not work) and you see it on ITA, you should be able to force it out, unless it is those stupid availability issues I mentioned 4 months back.
Old May 27, 2018, 12:47 pm

It is a LA fare, and TATL has to be on LA number, and it is ALWAYS LA stock, so as long as the airport is loaded in the system (so no, sadly HLE does not work) and you see it on ITA, you should be able to force it out, unless it is those stupid availability issues I mentioned 4 months back.
Will do, thanks.

EDIT

Done it and ti seems to work now through LA web.

Also, the itinerary I purchased early this morning via AA still has not been ticketed. Will wait til tomorow then.

Last edited by honzeek_cz; May 27, 2018 at 3:06 pm Reason: Progress :)
Old May 27, 2018, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Any idea where to ticket this better? I will try tomorow via TA, but always prefer OTA. I can get it to price on Priceline via Powertools, but payment never goes through. Was able to ticket on EU AA site, but the price is slightly higher.
Also, I am trying to add stopover in PRG, which seems impossible. Routing through it seems no problem though. Any ideas?

Thursday AKL-PPT
Tuesday PPT-IPC (only 23.50 hrs layover as I have visited it before)-SCL
Thursday SCL-MAD
+couple months
MAD-ICN-DPS-NRT

Priceline about 2200 USD
AA about 2450 USD

Im interested in this. Please let me know what happens. Priceline appears to be dropping YQ. Its the same for the routing im looking at. Im not ready to buy yet, will secure in about 2 weeks.

ITA shows at 3521 NZD (approx $2444 USD)
Priceline prices at $2102 USD
AA via Amadeus/NZ 3451 NZD (approx $2396 USD)
LA - Wont Price

You're suggesting that Priceline times out on the CC screen even though it prices out?
Old May 27, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
My first itinerary is TPAC from SYD-SCL on LA806 which is an LA flight number but operated by QF 747 service. The LA coded flight includes seat selection. For advanced controls you can add F la.. on the Y segment to force LA fares especially if LA isn't your first flight. I try to avoid the diect flights as at least with AS, SYD-AKL-SCL (same flight number on both segments) will only credit as SYD-SCL. From SCL use F LA.SCL+TYO. I find it will jump up to J if there are 4 connection points. Five seems to break it and flights drop to high Y buckets. The fare rules say up to 6 connections, 3 in each direction. We are using this fare on a 1/2 round trip basis with the Y from xxx-SCL. Other than at MAD where you can backtrack to PAR/LON ect general travel needs to be east while North/South travel in an easterly direction seems to work.

You can force the second fare into J with ;f bc=i. However, IB & BA use R class so that may cause issues. Alternatively use +Cabin 2.

If the price jumps really high you have broken the fare, try a different route or airline.

My first itinerary is ICN(KE)-HKG(QF)-SYD(LA/QF) FARE 1(Y), N class SCL(LA)-MAD(EK)-DXB(EK)-ICN(KE)-HKG(CX)-NRT. FARE 2(J), I class.

My second itinerary is SYD(QF)-AKL(TN)-PPT(LA)-IPC(LA)-SCL(LA), FARE 1 Y), V class SCL(LA)-MAD (BA)-LHR(BA)-SEZ(EK)-DXB(EK)-NRT, Fare 2(J), R&I class.

I use ExpertFlyer to confirm seats in each fare bucket before trying to ticket.

Hope this helps.

James
Old May 28, 2018, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
James in your searches, what is the best possible connection SCL-MAD for the purpose of AS crediting if the LA nonstop SCL-MAD is not available? I can book into I but it's the codeshare operated by IB. No matter what I do, I cannot make the LA flight work without a considerable change in fare.

Since AS won't give me miles for the IB flight, I thought that the best thing to do would be to fly as far as possible on LA and then connect to an IB flight from there.

BOG? GRU?

I mean, in the end, a business class seat is more important than the miles (sacrilege, I know), but I'm annoyed as last week the LA 787 nonstop SCL-MAD still showed up in all my searches, and now it adds roughly $1200 to the trip.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:43 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
My first itinerary is TPAC from SYD-SCL on LA806 which is an LA flight number but operated by QF 747 service. The LA coded flight includes seat selection. For advanced controls you can add F la.. on the Y segment to force LA fares especially if LA isn't your first flight. I try to avoid the diect flights as at least with AS, SYD-AKL-SCL (same flight number on both segments) will only credit as SYD-SCL. From SCL use F LA.SCL+TYO. I find it will jump up to J if there are 4 connection points. Five seems to break it and flights drop to high Y buckets. The fare rules say up to 6 connections, 3 in each direction. We are using this fare on a 1/2 round trip basis with the Y from xxx-SCL. Other than at MAD where you can backtrack to PAR/LON ect general travel needs to be east while North/South travel in an easterly direction seems to work.

You can force the second fare into J with ;f bc=i. However, IB & BA use R class so that may cause issues. Alternatively use +Cabin 2.

If the price jumps really high you have broken the fare, try a different route or airline.

My first itinerary is ICN(KE)-HKG(QF)-SYD(LA/QF) FARE 1(Y), N class SCL(LA)-MAD(EK)-DXB(EK)-ICN(KE)-HKG(CX)-NRT. FARE 2(J), I class.

My second itinerary is SYD(QF)-AKL(TN)-PPT(LA)-IPC(LA)-SCL(LA), FARE 1 Y), V class SCL(LA)-MAD (BA)-LHR(BA)-SEZ(EK)-DXB(EK)-NRT, Fare 2(J), R&I class.

I use ExpertFlyer to confirm seats in each fare bucket before trying to ticket.

Hope this helps.

James
Hey James, on both ints are you stopping anywhere besides SCL?

Originally Posted by notsosmart
James in your searches, what is the best possible connection SCL-MAD for the purpose of AS crediting if the LA nonstop SCL-MAD is not available? I can book into I but it's the codeshare operated by IB. No matter what I do, I cannot make the LA flight work without a considerable change in fare.

Since AS won't give me miles for the IB flight, I thought that the best thing to do would be to fly as far as possible on LA and then connect to an IB flight from there.

BOG? GRU?

I mean, in the end, a business class seat is more important than the miles (sacrilege, I know), but I'm annoyed as last week the LA 787 nonstop SCL-MAD still showed up in all my searches, and now it adds roughly $1200 to the trip.
You could try GYE, GRU, or LIM.

GRU won't credit to AS

Last edited by TheSYDTraveller; May 28, 2018 at 3:00 am
Old May 28, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by richh1833
Hey James, on both ints are you stopping anywhere besides SCL?

GRU won't credit to AS
First itinerary is one stopover for 6 days in SCL. Then a little craziness! lol. From leaving SCL to arriving in NRT 2 1/2 days later I have a grand total of 10h 45m connection time between all five flights. 🤡 The second has stops in AKL, 10 days in PPT (keep in mind PPT-IPC is a once a week service at 3:00 am on Tuesday if you are trying to fit in IPC) and SCL so three stopovers. Also have layovers over 22 hours in IPC, LHR & DXB AND 15h 50m in SEZ with an 8:00 am arrival and a 11:50 pm depature. So a lie-flat in and a lie-flat out with an entire day to explore. 😁

Thanks,

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; May 29, 2018 at 11:32 am
Old May 28, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by sgan317
Im interested in this. Please let me know what happens. Priceline appears to be dropping YQ. Its the same for the routing im looking at. Im not ready to buy yet, will secure in about 2 weeks.

ITA shows at 3521 NZD (approx $2444 USD)
Priceline prices at $2102 USD
AA via Amadeus/NZ 3451 NZD (approx $2396 USD)
LA - Wont Price

You're suggesting that Priceline times out on the CC screen even though it prices out?
Finally (well, after many hours of playing with routing options) we with itineray bellow, purchase via LATAM.com was no issue through Powertools. Thank you "beyounged".
For anyone looking to explore this, simple way how to activate LAN is to uncomment line 1257 and then it works like charm at most time.

SEP AKL-PPT (Y)
OCT PPT-IPC(23hrs)-SCL (Y)
OCT SCL-MAD-FRA (C)
FEB FRA-DXB-DPS-NRT (C)

For total of +- 2200 usd.

I still wish someone would have deep insight into the system and explain to me, that despite airlines being allowed, class being available, and not exceeding MPM, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt (like i.e. including PRG in C itinerary...but ok... I can take LH for 100 usd more RT).
FYI MAD and FCO via MAD were pretty much the only options I could get to work with more C class flights after this point.
Old May 28, 2018, 9:21 am

Made a booking a few days ago. AKL-PPT(48hrs+)-IPC(23hrs)-SCL in Y SCL-MAD-DXB-SEZ-DXB-NRT in C (IB and EK).
Was ticketed right away on EK stock (176). Booked via Priceline.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Found something perfect for me, ICN-SYD (stop)-SCL in Y, then SCL-MAD-AMS (stop)-DXB-NRT in J. 1660 USD. Pretty happy with the Latam 787 flight, stopover at home airport and then KL787 and EK380 for a short holiday in Japan
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, AirAsia BIG, LH Miles & More
Just a warning for those who may be crediting LATAM flights to AS — earning rates will drop to 25 to 50% for most fare classes in Y for flights taken after 1st July
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by globesetter
Just a warning for those who may be crediting LATAM flights to AS — earning rates will drop to 25 to 50% for most fare classes in Y for flights taken after 1st July
this is pretty devastating news, but great catch globesetter.
good side is that they are adding JJ flights, but who knows how many decades it may take, and devaluation is coming in half a month!
X fare, surprisingly, is now earning more than N and S fare, which should be a bit higher in fare bucket on this fare, strange.
This effectively killed most of the deal for me, since it is already quite a tiring run to do Y on LA and with 50% earn rate for V buckets there must be better runs out there for AS. Maybe we can shift focus to mostly QF metal, but that reduces the Butt-in-seat distance traveled since routing Asia to South America via Europe is a bit further. Thankfully I am mostly done with my run, but I have to say AS making this unannounced change with such short notice leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.