Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Have we yet seen any permutation of this/these fares that permits travel transpacific in either direction with stops in PPT/IPC either 1) in J, or 2) in Y for <£1000?
Old May 16, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by armouredant
Have we yet seen any permutation of this/these fares that permits travel transpacific in either direction with stops in PPT/IPC either 1) in J, or 2) in Y for <£1000?
Plenty for (2) if you look on the first few pages.
Old May 16, 2018, 4:38 pm

Can someone show me please any routing for this fare (preferably on matrix) that allows me to include SEZ ? I don't care where it starts/finishes/class/carriers ...just want to see how !!
Old May 16, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just search the thread, dude:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...l#post29464564
Old May 16, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I saw that, and tried to do.on matrix but I couldn't.I IM d burito asking for help but no reply.
Hence my open request.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Oh, ok, sorry.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Oh, ok, sorry.
However you seem to be an expert on this fare/thread.Maybe you can help me and show me how to include SEZ in itinerary ?
I'm LA black , and EK gold and have no problem positioning to any of the starting points, so this is perfect for me.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
However you seem to be an expert on this fare/thread.Maybe you can help me and show me how to include SEZ in itinerary ?
I'm LA black , and EK gold and have no problem positioning to any of the starting points, so this is perfect for me.
I have spent a lot of time looking at this itinerary. In my experience the fare seems to break if you don't follow an easterly direction other than at MAD. You can go MAD-PAR or MAD-LON for instance and travel easterly from there. It will also break if you got back to Australia. I tried to get a routing to CPT but was not successful. If you look at the I fare rules these itineraries shouldn't work.

My itinerary has the same segment twice KE ICN-HKG Y, KE ICN-HKG J.

James
Old May 16, 2018, 9:30 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
I've previously booked one ticket via GPS/SCY via priceline but I'm having trouble pricing out slightly more complex tickets either completely Y or Y/J mixed. How are people booking these tickets?
Old May 16, 2018, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I have spent a lot of time looking at this itinerary. In my experience the fare seems to break if you don't follow an easterly direction other than at MAD. You can go MAD-PAR or MAD-LON for instance and travel easterly from there. It will also break if you got back to Australia. I tried to get a routing to CPT but was not successful. If you look at the I fare rules these itineraries shouldn't work.

My itinerary has the same segment twice KE ICN-HKG Y, KE ICN-HKG J.

James

I can get it to price JNB. You can get it for around 2.1m if youre okay with SA on MAD-JNB

Edit - * May not actually be bookable*

Last edited by sgan317; May 16, 2018 at 10:37 pm
Old May 16, 2018, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by richh1833
I've previously booked one ticket via GPS/SCY via priceline but I'm having trouble pricing out slightly more complex tickets either completely Y or Y/J mixed. How are people booking these tickets?
Travel Agent for me for a small fee. I checked fare buckets on ExpertFlyer to confirm seat availability for each segment and then took the Matrix prinout along. Ticketed in less than 15 minutes and paid for in local currency.

James
Old May 17, 2018, 1:11 am

theoretically, SEZ is definitely possible. Heck, I have priced out MRU, TNF, RVN, etc. it does not have to be 100% easterly. trick is to use more OW carriers, but I have not personally tried SEZ because I have already been, but try SCL-MAD-DOH-SEZ, SEZ-DOH-HKG-TYO, also you need to specify routing or Matrix gets confused, so if you just leaving routing controls blank it will get overwhelmed and return no results, and if you put MAD DOH in it then you may get some luck. AY has the best availability, but RJ can help too.
valdor and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by sgan317

I can get it to price JNB. You can get it for around 2.1m if youre okay with SA on MAD-JNB

Edit - * May not actually be bookable*
Interesting, and not crossing a single ocean! I am crediting to AS so my airline choices are limited. My itinerary is KE, QF, LA, LA, EK, EK, KE & CX. Not all LA flights credit to AS either which is challenging as well. IB is a no go too.

Maybe I should do a run to try some of these other airlines. I don't know though if status with OW would be of value. I will have to look into it further.

BA flies JNB-CPT as well. Operated by ComAir with BA livery. I flew it in January. Y seat, exit row, checked luggage, hot meal with wine. $65 USD

James
Old May 17, 2018, 2:27 am

Boring day at work.
I got AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL in economy and then a pure business class routing from SCL via Europe and SEZ to TYO - for 1700€.
50k Alaska miles from a single trip (ignoring any bonuses), bookable online.
Damn, this is tempting...
Old May 17, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB

One World option? True RTW too! And you can get JAL on first segment on 787 for about £10 more

Last edited by our_kid; May 17, 2018 at 2:58 am Reason: JAL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.