Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
I have actually been able to select seats on LA via their website. Additionally, using QF I could at least select window or aisle for most segments with instant seat allocation.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beyounged

1. In ITA, ChocolateFactory and I have found specific fares in high fare classes of Y that will force certain legs, especially CX legs like HKG-FRA/DUS-HKG to be kicked into J (into I class most of the time), but we have concluded they are not bookable to the furthest extent of our knowledge. However, I think it will be good to share, maybe some divine FTer can force it out. (that will be 1500 ai, and insane crediting opportunities.
I have been looking at this again. As an AS MVPG75K I am more interested in AS EQM & RDM. My itineraries start in ICN and end in TYO and you can even route back through ICN to TYO, I pass on the PPT-IPC portion. I am able to move into all J flights from SCL from $2K CAD with great flexibility on airline choices and routing too. ICN-SCL can be on KE, CX, QF IN conjunction with LA. For AS credit I can choose BA, KE, EK, CX, JL and SQ. I have had one confirmed as bookable through SABRE. Working on adding stopovers now.

Still lots of opportunity on this one.

James
Old May 6, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Would be great if you could share some details by PN. ;-)
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I have been looking at this again. As an AS MVPG75K I am more interested in AS EQM & RDM. My itineraries start in ICN and end in TYO and you can even route back through ICN to TYO, I pass on the PPT-IPC portion. I am able to move into all J flights from SCL from $2K CAD with great flexibility on airline choices and routing too. ICN-SCL can be on KE, CX, QF IN conjunction with LA. For AS credit I can choose BA, KE, EK, CX, JL and SQ. I have had one confirmed as bookable through SABRE. Working on adding stopovers now.

Still lots of opportunity on this one.

James
I am also quite intrigued. so 2k CAD ai? That will be around 1.5k USD ai that I quoted a while back. You chose an I base fare on the way back right? Also technically it is possible to book on SABRE, but where can you book it in real life? Do not forget AY which credits rapidly and correctly for AS, my top choice for stopovers. SQ only a few fare buckets can credit so beware.
Old May 6, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by beyounged
I am also quite intrigued. so 2k CAD ai? That will be around 1.5k USD ai that I quoted a while back. You chose an I base fare on the way back right? Also technically it is possible to book on SABRE, but where can you book it in real life? Do not forget AY which credits rapidly and correctly for AS, my top choice for stopovers. SQ only a few fare buckets can credit so beware.
I am well aware of fare classes and how they credit to AS 😁 SQ books into D, no COS plus 100% bonus so I would choose EK A380; BA (NOT IB Codeshare) books into R, 50% COS plus 100% bonus, rather take EK from LHR if routing that way. AY no bonus for I fare so not viable for maximizing RDM on AS. I am sticking with EK, KE & CX from from MAD. Higher YQ on EK brining the price up but a "fair" fare tradeoff for a better flying experience.

As stated earlier this starts as a Y fare from ICN to SCL. I am able to switch in HKG from KE to QF to maximize EQM as the fare classes on QF and LA earn 100%. In the right combination all flights from SCL get bumped into the lowest J class except JL will be a stand out booking into full Y.

James
Old May 6, 2018, 6:42 pm

Depending on the routing and airline surcharges, fares range from $1900-$2600 CAD. The nice thing is you are only a few hours away to start it all over again. 🤔 You can route back through ICN but if you want to end in ICN the deal is killed both in price and the ability to get into J.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; May 6, 2018 at 6:55 pm
Old May 6, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just book something already. Until it’s ticketed, I don’t believe a single word of what you’re saying. ;-)
our_kid likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
Also, could somebody post a Matrix screengrab of this, as I’d really like to book it myself. Or at least tell us what fare basis you’re booking into.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by armouredant
Also, could somebody post a Matrix screengrab of this, as I’d really like to book it myself. Or at least tell us what fare basis you’re booking into.
If you're happy to pay a few more hundreds, then just force the I fare. Something like this?
Old May 7, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Just book something already. Until it’s ticketed, I don’t believe a single word of what you’re saying. ;-)
LOL I feel like this was directed personally at me! I have about 20 different itins that I am paying attention to. All the ones with PPT-IPC segments have disappeared.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart
LOL I feel like this was directed personally at me! I have about 20 different itins that I am paying attention to. All the ones with PPT-IPC segments have disappeared.
LOL I feel like this was directed personally at me! It most likely was! 🤔🤣

James
Old May 7, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
As mentioned further up the thread mines done and ticketed with the I fare basis.

The big one is if you can manage to book one on the Y fare basis with the construction using business fare buckets on the flights that have no Y availability - and then get it ticketed
Old May 7, 2018, 10:44 am

@our_kid, how did you get it ticketed? Care to share your routing in a PN?
Old May 7, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
@our_kid, how did you get it ticketed? Care to share your routing in a PN?
Not hard really.
our_kid likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:02 pm

All ticketed, but you can still not belive me if you like. It is your perogative. 3 flights in Y, 5 flights in J. All flights credit to AS. I have my e-ticket numbers, confirmation codes and have selected my seats. My itinerary is mid-september, six days in SCL and then 5 flights in J with excellent connections. Only one Y > 9 hours. As MVPG75K, it will yield 34,132 EQM & 88,815 RDM. Final price $2141 USD to maximize AS earnings.

Pretty sweet. Once I arrive in TYO, I am going to position to DEL for the EK J DEL-KOA deal. Less than $5K will yield 71K EQM & 178K RDM. It will renew 75K for me with another 50K Bonus RDM.

I will advise my routing to maximize AS accural later. Only 4.2% of miles flown credit < 100%.

James.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.