Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by our_kid
Finally pulled the trigger on this for Mrs Our_Kids birthday special

ICN-HKG-SIN-PER-SYD-SCL/LIM-MAD/MAD-LHR-HND

ICN-SCL in Business / LIM-HND Coach

Ticketed on LAN through PowerTools - MAD-HND is 6 weeks after the trip, going to use it to see Cherry Blossoms
how much ?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by richh1833
Any clues on baggage policy? My itinerary is SYD-SCL-GYE-GPS/SCY-GYE-MAD(stop)-LHR-SIN-HND. I'll be flying IB from MAD-LHR BA from LHR-SIN and JL from SIN-HND. Will I still get 1 checked bag form MAD-LHR?
how much was fare ?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:43 am

1. In ITA, ChocolateFactory and I have found specific fares in high fare classes of Y that will force certain legs, especially CX legs like HKG-FRA/DUS-HKG to be kicked into J (into I class most of the time), but we have concluded they are not bookable to the furthest extent of our knowledge. However, I think it will be good to share, maybe some divine FTer can force it out. (that will be 1500 ai, and insane crediting opportunities)
2. I took some XL operated flights recently. On boarding passes, there is nothing that shows XL code, everything is LA144X but it does say "OPERATED BY LATAM ECUADOR" which is perfectly fine with the AS agents when crediting. Interestingly, the displays in the airport at GYE all show XL codes instead of LA, so I bet it must have confused some travelers.
3. It is possible to combine J outbound with Y inbound on ITA, but I have never got it priced correctly. Mixed cabin itin are notoriously hard. @our_kid how did you even ticket it out?
4. all e-tix I have had shows 2 luggage for all segments, regardless of the carriers I have: KE, AY, LA.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Hi beyounged and everyone who's been contributing to this thread - I've spent quite a bit of time working on an itinerary and like yourself, I saw that higher fare buckets (Y specifically) will throw up legs in I or Z for certain carriers - impossible to book though and the Y itinerary I was looking at was pricing circa €1200. So what I did was force the SYD-SCL segment to bc=I in Matrix then that will allow your first sector throughout to be booked into I Class - fare basis IEXEV00V, my LIM-TYO is on an X Basis. The fare rules are so flexible you can even route onto SQ and others. For me I wanted to fly OneWorld to I've got CX, QF, LA, BA and JL, including tax just shy of €2000 / 590 TP / 31000 Avios.

Ticketing - use PowerTools, AA will happily take your money or alternatively - like I did - use LAN but you'll need to tweak powertools - have a look at the thread on it.

Hope all the above helps - definitely jump in if you can.

If anyone can help me with seat selection on LIM-MAD on LAN that would be great.

Last edited by our_kid; Apr 29, 2018 at 8:27 am Reason: ticketing
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
2000€ for a mixed-cabin itinerary and only 31k Avios doesn’t sound that tempting to me, but YMMV.

As for seat selection, I never got that working. I just called in the end.
You can, however, get an Amadeus PNR from TripCase, which you can use to select seats on *A airlines.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:41 am

Definitely YMMV - I get a RTW cheap that works for me
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:54 am

well for someone to try a full array of excellent OW products it is not too bad. crediting all of those to AS would yield much higher return but for TP it is definitely more for fun than run.
I would highly suggest selecting seat in advance wherever you can, just 3 days ago I was stuck in the sterile area at BCN without my KE BP, and had to wait until 20 minutes AFTER boarding began to check-in with gate agent, which only offered middle seat for my 13 hr flight. Shame on me for being a FTer stuck in middle seat. I will try and select seat for my future legs with LA by going to a ticketing counter at the airport, maybe that would work. I am just too lazy to call LA's horrible call system. AFAIK there is no online selection method whatsoever for LA flights.
our_kid likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by beyounged
well for someone to try a full array of excellent OW products it is not too bad. crediting all of those to AS would yield much higher return but for TP it is definitely more for fun than run.
I would highly suggest selecting seat in advance wherever you can, just 3 days ago I was stuck in the sterile area at BCN without my KE BP, and had to wait until 20 minutes AFTER boarding began to check-in with gate agent, which only offered middle seat for my 13 hr flight. Shame on me for being a FTer stuck in middle seat. I will try and select seat for my future legs with LA by going to a ticketing counter at the airport, maybe that would work. I am just too lazy to call LA's horrible call system. AFAIK there is no online selection method whatsoever for LA flights.
I don’t really need the TP - so I’ll take a look at AS
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
LA does support online seat selection, but I think it only works if ALL segments are on LATAM metal.

Their call center is actually pretty decent (but maybe I get better service as a LATAM Black member). I really don’t understand why so many people dislike LATAM, I think they’re actually pretty great, at least on long haul flights. And their priority checkin and lounge at SCL is very nice as well.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
LA does support online seat selection, but I think it only works if ALL segments are on LATAM metal.

Their call center is actually pretty decent (but maybe I get better service as a LATAM Black member). I really don’t understand why so many people dislike LATAM, I think they’re actually pretty great, at least on long haul flights. And their priority checkin and lounge at SCL is very nice as well.
well, LA does not fly to TYO! :P So there will always be other airlines involved. So yeah selecting seat will always be a problem.

For us poor folks stuck in the back, I have a few complaints: LA's MAD/BCN-LIM use rather outdated 767, the entertainment is grossly unresponsive. Food is one-tray style and hardly filling, and with that also a lack of mid-flight snack made me screaming for food by hour 8. Last week on MAD-LIM the menu given and dishes served were completely different, and the FA was rude as hell:"There is no fish here, are you listening? Do you even want to eat?"

Ground side: THEY HAVE NO LOUNGE IN THEIR HUB LIM! I could not believe it when I first got to LIM. But hey, for the thrice daily serving BOG international side they have a decent lounge because LATAM Peru is just poor right? Also they have no lounge in their fortress hub SCL on domestic, yeah I know they have no J on shorthauls, but how about those elites???

Customer service: remember that routing issue with my ticket I meantioned 4 weeks ago? yeah it is day 75 and it is still not addressed. Been chatting with LATAM facebook customer care so much I almost can distinguish who it is by their word choice. Can't wait for the impossible connection at GYE! :P

Oh also crediting to AS is a pain, emailing a bunch of BP's every time like I was begging for scraps...
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:25 pm

For this ticket, yes, but in general they do support online seat selection.

Yeah, I know you’ve had bad experiences, but I have had some of the friendliest and generally best FAs ever on LA (MAD-SCL). Just match to LA Black already.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:59 am

Seat selection tip.

If you have any JL segments their website will allow you to select across all carriers

Really Happy I booked this - going to be a fab experience
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by our_kid
Seat selection tip.

If you have any JL segments their website will allow you to select across all carriers

Really Happy I booked this - going to be a fab experience
seats on JL are small !
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: QF LTG
Their 789 has some of the biggest economy seats in the sky!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Hmmm. All the flights that I have been monitoring on GF have either disappeared or gone up to 5K. I think that either buckets are getting filled in my date range, or something else is up. The AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL is the problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.