Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
https://www.wheretocredit.com/iberia/n

I would not enter any FF number into the booking.
Just retro-claim the miles after flying, then you can select different bonus programs.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
If you are looking for credit to AS I have extended this starting in PER. PER-BNE-MEL-SCL-MAD-ICN-TYO. All post at 100% eccept ICN-TKO on QF, LA & KE. Another option from MAD is EK via DXB. Further distance but V class at 50%. JL is an option too at 70%. I was able to do a 3 day layover in MAD for no additional fare.

James

James
Are you sure? KE segments are too difficult to credit 100%, most of the tix I have end up having it in either K or U bucket, while all other segments in V or N on LA, and AY. For me, ICN is just much easier to position to than PER, also, ICN allows for back to back trips!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by kaskas
Do you still manage to create/book these more complex routings? It seems that most (if not all) fares now have restricted transfers ro 3 per direction so the more complex itineraries are not possible any more? When this thing started, some fares at least had unlimited transfers which allowed very flexible and generous routings. But its still a pretty nice fare, lots of options aveilable..
I am pretty sure the 3 transfers per segment has always been in place, and just like the 345USD YQ that is supposed to go on the ICN departure, it has never been effectively implemented. I actually ticketed a ticket that exceeded the 16 segment electronic maximum, which was absolutely mind blowing. I have not checked extensively, but I can price out a few X fares that involves 4 segments each way, so I do not think it is much of a problem. If it is limited to 3 each way, then there are very few opportunities for stopovers, and kills the deal for me. Only AKL, HEL, MAD, BCN, LIM, what a travesty that would be!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beyounged
Are you sure? KE segments are too difficult to credit 100%, most of the tix I have end up having it in either K or U bucket, while all other segments in V or N on LA, and AY. For me, ICN is just much easier to position to than PER, also, ICN allows for back to back trips!
The itineraries I have done book into KE H & E both of which credit 100% to AS. The shorter ICN-TYO books into Q. So yes, I am sure. 😁

James
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The itineraries I have done book into KE H & E both of which credit 100% to AS. The shorter ICN-TYO books into Q. So yes, I am sure. 😁

James
woah that can change this deal to divine status! I thought I have learned everything about this ticket, but I am so glad that I am wrong. This deal just keeps getting sweeter.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
On board LA376 SCL-BOG now, upgraded to C for free because I status matched to LATAM Black - now they even gave us travel vouchers as compensation because our aircraft was swapped for a wet-leased Wamos Air A330 because they had to conduct maintenance on the 787 Rolls Royce engines. This is going to be so expensive for them...
B0gdan and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: QF, LM
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
On board LA376 SCL-BOG now, upgraded to C for free because I status matched to LATAM Black - now they even gave us travel vouchers as compensation because our aircraft was swapped for a wet-leased Wamos Air A330 because they had to conduct maintenance on the 787 Rolls Royce engines. This is going to be so expensive for them...
Let me know what Wamos is like - I do that flight in a few days......
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:21 am

Sorry, I meant LA576.

Wamos was ok - it was an old Airberlin aircraft, I actually flew the same kind of aircraft with Airberlin from JFK to TXL somewhen last year.
The seats are very narrow, everything is a bit old. Nothing to write home about, by far not as good as LAN's 787, but not that bad either.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:21 pm

Looks the fare going to die? What i monitor route had up from $9xx to $3k now
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I'm having no luck forcing KE flights MAD-TYO. Whatever I do, both PL and CheapoAir kick me over to AY through HEL. I mean, fine, whatever, but for full AS credit, I'd like the KE flights in a higher bucket. Any ideas on how to force it? Matrix won't even do a search if I specify KE as the carrier.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by skysun
Looks the fare going to die? What i monitor route had up from $9xx to $3k now
I'm afraid of that too, but so far, so good. I've noticed that prices jump quite a bit, more so than daily FX fluctuations would dictate. Fare buckets empty out, flights change... I can still do a search and find what I want around roughly the dates that I want (August, mostly).
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:45 am

Note: Avoid peak dates (weekends etc.). Our LIM-MAD flight was delayed and we would have missed our connections.
The only other option with LATAM was fully booked, all they could do was rebook us on Iberia, which also was fully booked in C (overbooked actually) - so no chance to upgrade.

The funny bit however was when my free LATAM Black upgrade for a different flight cleared and the gate agent exclaimed: “But Sir, how did you get the upgrade without your LATAM number in your booking?! I only see British Airways!

(You’re not supposed to get free upgrades if you don’t credit to LATAM obviously, but it seems I’ve found a couple of loopholes. )
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked August itins as I do almost daily, and the SCL-MAD LA non-stop is gone. The only way to get the lowest fare is to take IB or transit through GRU/GIG/others. None of these give AS miles, unfortunately.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by notsosmart
I just checked August itins as I do almost daily, and the SCL-MAD LA non-stop is gone. The only way to get the lowest fare is to take IB or transit through GRU/GIG/others. None of these give AS miles, unfortunately.
What about routing through GYE? I've got that on LA metal that earns AS...
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
What about routing through GYE? I've got that on LA metal that earns AS...
I've played around with all combos, but they all kick over to LATAM Ecuador/Brazil/Etc. and I was under the impression that those do not earn AS miles, only LAN Chile operated flights do. Or am I wrong in that reading of the rules?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.