Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
Originally Posted by toppi5000
ok, i did it:
Apr/May: AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-VIE, Oct: VIE-NRT; 845€ (Eco, mostly LAN); quite a struggle with Priceline, but finally it worked as a six segment booking

Positioner 1: Apr: CDG-ZRH-HKG; Oct: SIN-ZRH-CDG; 1270€ (LX Biz)
Positioner 2: HKG-AKL CX (op NZ) 370€
Positioner 3: NRT/HND-SIN - not booked yet
Positioner 4: VIE-CDG/ORY-VIE - not booked yet

this is probably the most crazy thing I΄ve ever booked; given the destinations I even look forward to eco.
thx to all posters at flyertalk who have contributed, if you need any details on my dates pm me.
I hope that no war conflict will be in Korea (Soul) in April 2018...

2018-04-20 QR , PRG-DOH-ICN
2018-04-23 KE129,ICN-AKL
2018-05-01 TN102,AKL-PPT
2018-05-08 LA836,PPT-IPC
2018-05-12 LA842,IPC-SCL
2018-05-15 LA704,SCL-MAD
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by miro776
I hope that no war conflict will be in Korea (Soul) in April 2018...

2018-04-20 QR , PRG-DOH-ICN
2018-04-23 KE129,ICN-AKL
2018-05-01 TN102,AKL-PPT
2018-05-08 LA836,PPT-IPC
2018-05-12 LA842,IPC-SCL
2018-05-15 LA704,SCL-MAD
Great find! How did you manage to route it from ICN over PPT/IPC - was trying hard but with no success Can you please share what was your routing from MAD to TYO?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by SVeT
Great find! How did you manage to route it from ICN over PPT/IPC - was trying hard but with no success Can you please share what was your routing from MAD to TYO?
I have tried similar routing but I am sure it pushes the price up quite a lot, he has stopover in AKL, PPT, IPC which I have never replicated for anything below 1200USD
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
Sorry for late answer, I bought my trip on august 2017 on Expedia....
But it was a shorter itinerary: ICN-AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL because on august I didn't know that is possible to buy a better routing to -MAD-TYO ...
So on october I bought another trip SCL-MAD-HEL-TYO with LAN/Finnair/JAL

try this for example:
https://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/AKL-...TYO/2018-05-20
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:26 am

Thx everybody for tips and help, I finally pulled the trigger on

AKL - PPT (5 days) - IPC (2 days) - SCL - GYE - GPS (4 days) - GYE - MAD - NRT

Due to all the stops and high season (July 2018) the price went up to 1100€ (would be around 900€ if I could go before June 24th, also 80€ less for only 23h on IPC, but this is probably once-in-a-lifetime stop so no cost-cutting there) but believe it is worth it

Tried several ways to add another stop between MAD in NRT closer to my home but all the combinations add at least another 300€ so a Ryanair flight will have to do.

Found a 5* airline feeder connection from home airport (usually quite expensive airport & airline) for 500€ (2 short stops) so probably buying it as summer prices are normally quite high and AA KUL-AKL is already over 200€ for my dates so not much (if any) saving if flying low-cost. A week in NZ (summer skiing ) before Tahiti/Moorea will be also interesting I guess.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:44 am

Due to all the stops and high season (July 2018) the price went up to 1100€ (would be around 900€ if I could go before June 24th, also 80€ less for only 23h on IPC, but this is probably once-in-a-lifetime stop so no cost-cutting there) but believe it is worth it

Tried several ways to add another stop between MAD in NRT closer to my home but all the combinations add at least another 300€ so a Ryanair flight will have to do.

Found a 5* airline feeder connection from home airport (usually quite expensive airport & airline) for 500€ (2 short stops) so probably buying it as summer prices are normally quite high and AA KUL-AKL is already over 200€ for my dates so not much (if any) saving if flying low-cost. A week in NZ (summer skiing ) before Tahiti/Moorea will be also interesting I guess.
congrats! High season in IPC is actually during the festival in Feb, but SCY would be very fun regardless of the season. A lot of tickets appear to be expensive for stopover in EU but when you click thru it drops down a bit. Also stops that LA flies to usually goes low like LON FRA PAR and for some reason HEL from time to time as well.
about to begin my leg to FRA, and so far nobody noticed anything. Should be a fun journey, thinking about doing it 2-3 times more.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:21 am

High season more due to tickets rules (summer holidays, unfortunately my wife's days off are fixed so no flex there) then great weather or festivals.

I managed to do a lot of different routings over Europe (also through Vienna, Venice, ...) but not if GPS is included (probably to many stops already on this leg of the ticket). Also tried to book through travel agent (a friend) but he couldn't include XL (LATAM Ecuador) tickets into Amadeus booking

Enjoy the last part of your trip, also doing it twice it is not such a bad idea, as it is possible to choose so many different routings.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:49 am

High season more due to tickets rules (summer holidays, unfortunately my wife's days off are fixed so no flex there) then great weather or festivals.

I managed to do a lot of different routings over Europe (also through Vienna, Venice, ...) but not if GPS is included (probably to many stops already on this leg of the ticket). Also tried to book through travel agent (a friend) but he couldn't include XL (LATAM Ecuador) tickets into Amadeus booking

Enjoy the last part of your trip, also doing it twice it is not such a bad idea, as it is possible to choose so many different routings.
maybe it is because of the high season, because I can price out lower season with over 10 transfers including SCY on the SCL-TYO, it turns out it can become a segment run if one really wishes the torture. Also one can do an ICN transfer on the way to TYO and just hop off to prepare for a back to back.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Remember that visiting San Cristobal or Baltra means a $20 visa on the mainland and $100 on the island, payable in USD cash.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
Remember that visiting San Cristobal or Baltra means a $20 visa on the mainland and $100 on the island, payable in USD cash.
Yes, i know... no way around this I'm afraid...
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by beyounged
maybe it is because of the high season, because I can price out lower season with over 10 transfers including SCY on the SCL-TYO, it turns out it can become a segment run if one really wishes the torture. Also one can do an ICN transfer on the way to TYO and just hop off to prepare for a back to back.
can you please show me (link) for 10 transfers itin ? Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Amazed to see this fare still around. Happy travels, all
SVeT and beyounged like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:07 pm

Great. Where and how you managed to get it ticketed?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by RafHK
Great. Where and how you managed to get it ticketed?
on Priceline with help of BookWithMatrix
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:00 am

I used powertools as my trip is significantly more complicated, but PL always works. Another very useful trick I found out was that the url gf teleports you to pl errors out because they assume all flights as individual ones instead of connections, study a few bookings and you will find out changing a few "-" into "~" fixes a lot of problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.