Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by blueferrari
if I can get the origin into Southeast Asian city it'd be interesting. but with what I tried so far only North/East Asia and Australia/NZ origin worked...
@blueferrari you can start in SIN/KUL for around USD1k, HKG bumps the fare up to 1.4k so I'd plan to start at SIN/KUL as well
A quick search: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2-10;tt=m;eo=e
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:43 am

Thanks to OP. Managed to get a RTW ticket for December 2017.

ICN-NRT-LAX-SCL , SCL-GYE-SCY , GPS-GYE-MAD-NRT.

Priced up at both priceline and AA (Amadeus). Paid USD917. I'm a recent OWE so I get to try the JL 1st lounge at NRT, QF 1st lounge at LAX, I get the trip to Galapagos where the internal Ecuador flights normally price up at USD480, and I get my final BAEC qualifying flight for this year's Gold run on the IB leg. Brilliant
Mateuszz likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by CX_newbie

Priced up at both priceline and AA (Amadeus). Paid USD917. I'm a recent OWE so I get to try the JL 1st lounge at NRT, QF 1st lounge at LAX, I get the trip to Galapagos where the internal Ecuador flights normally price up at USD480, and I get my final BAEC qualifying flight for this year's Gold run on the IB leg. Brilliant
can you send link for your route in google flight?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:52 pm

Anyone been able to work this to allow a departure from Europe (ideally UK)?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:51 pm

cong! Would love to go to Galapagos as well, imagine IPC, PPT, and Galapagos in one trip! ultimate island hopper!

I have been having troubles with my ideal itin. When an itin has more than 5 segments it won't continue properly on Priceline. So ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-SHA-NRT will ticket, but ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-ICN-SHA-NRT will not, because when google transfers me to PL it inputs the flight automatically but individually, so PL will be forced to display 6 legs individually, but their system only allows 5 segments max, so after you review and click "continue with XXX per person" it will simply glitches out and display a standard error message "No flights are available for your selected itinerary. Please select new airports or dates and try searching again". It has been infuriatingly frustrating, because the itin is just within grasp! If google had transferred to PL properly... sigh... anyone encountered this problem before? any workarounds?
Catweazle likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
Originally Posted by beyounged
cong! Would love to go to Galapagos as well, imagine IPC, PPT, and Galapagos in one trip! ultimate island hopper!

I have been having troubles with my ideal itin. When an itin has more than 5 segments it won't continue properly on Priceline. So ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-SHA-NRT will ticket, but ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-ICN-SHA-NRT will not, because when google transfers me to PL it inputs the flight automatically but individually, so PL will be forced to display 6 legs individually, but their system only allows 5 segments max, so after you review and click "continue with XXX per person" it will simply glitches out and display a standard error message "No flights are available for your selected itinerary. Please select new airports or dates and try searching again". It has been infuriatingly frustrating, because the itin is just within grasp! If google had transferred to PL properly... sigh... anyone encountered this problem before? any workarounds?
ask a travel agent to book to you through his GDS

Last edited by psbaj; Nov 10, 2017 at 3:20 pm
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:47 am

Hi, please, would you please be so kind and share you itinerary? I will be positioned in ICN in December, so this is really tempting. Thank you!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by LukaSHek007
Hi, please, would you please be so kind and share you itinerary? I will be positioned in ICN in December, so this is really tempting. Thank you!
Try to twist the date with this one: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...RT1IB6801;eo=e

Be aware that GYE-SCY flight is only available on Tue/Fri/Sat/Sun, and you will have an overnight at GYE before that flight.
EDIT: sometimes it can price out for other day departure with a overnight in LIM...

Last edited by shek3112; Nov 13, 2017 at 2:22 am
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:51 am

if you opt for <24hr in SCL, you can push it down to 600s

I priced out ICN-MAD-SCL//SCL-LPB-LIM-GYE//GYE-SCY//GPS-GYE-LIM-MAD-FRA//FRA-ICN-HND for 893USD and was about to book it, but I was really greedy and wanted to add a SHA stop to avoid positioning on the way back, also trying to get a better fare class until the fare disappeared... but my body is not ready for Galapagos anyway I guess...
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:20 am

How long can you stay SCY-GPS? Just <24 hours?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by beyounged
if you opt for <24hr in SCL, you can push it down to 600s

I priced out ICN-MAD-SCL//SCL-LPB-LIM-GYE//GYE-SCY//GPS-GYE-LIM-MAD-FRA//FRA-ICN-HND for 893USD and was about to book it, but I was really greedy and wanted to add a SHA stop to avoid positioning on the way back, also trying to get a better fare class until the fare disappeared... but my body is not ready for Galapagos anyway I guess...
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...NRT0OZ106;eo=e
EDIT... forgot the GYE stop... this one works perfectly fine for you @beyonged
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...HND0KE719;eo=e

this works! now i'm trying to make a route through HKG...
beyounged likes this.

Last edited by shek3112; Nov 13, 2017 at 4:19 am
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Mateuszz
How long can you stay SCY-GPS? Just <24 hours?
the fare allows you to stay till you want to leave... technically haha
or you're asking about visa?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by shek3112
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...NRT0OZ106;eo=e
EDIT... forgot the GYE stop... this one works perfectly fine for you @beyonged
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...HND0KE719;eo=e

this works! now i'm trying to make a route through HKG...
thanks! was poking around dates in Dec as I wanted to get out of the cold, but my summer body is not ready yet :P also I managed to grab all segments on AS partners, which was a feat itself I would like to believe... you can definitely route through HK, but most of the results are a bit higher(50-100USD), even though they are technically the same idea, strange huh. It surely beats positioning back though!
also if I want both a stop in FRA and route through SHA I would have to search available segments and pair them up using routing codes in ITA because that would be 6 legs of travel haha!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Mateuszz
can you send link for your route in google flight?
Hey, it was found in matrix, multi trip booking.

1. Depart ICN Arrive SCL. Via NRT LAX
2. Depart SCL Arrive SCY. Via GYE
3. Depart GPS Arrive NRT. Via GYE MAD
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:04 am

If anyone wants to join, I am on a sweet diving liveaboard Monday to Monday in Galapagos
burito and Mateuszz like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.