Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by richh1833
How much was it ? Are you stopping anywhere besides EDI?
Stopovers in PPT, IPC and SCL as well as EDI. The price was $1165. Adding stopovers certainly bumps the price up but there's no way I was going to miss the opportunity to visit Tahiti and Easter Island. It's still a great price.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by richh1833
How much was it ? Are you stopping anywhere besides EDI?
call the ticketing airline(s) direct and ask the booking class (letter(s))
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
call the ticketing airline(s) direct and ask the booking class (letter(s))
Or, not. Seriously why even suggest such a thing when you can find the booking codes (not class) on any booking engine.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Or, not. Seriously why even suggest such a thing when you can find the booking codes (not class) on any booking engine.
Not on Priceline though. They couldn't even tell me the codes when I asked them directly on chat.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by andymac66
Not on Priceline though. They couldn't even tell me the codes when I asked them directly on chat.
Finnair.com does show the fare class. Use the manage my booking.

Or, go to tripcase.com. Link a trip using your LAN PNR. Go to documents and then itinerary.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Finnair.com does show the fare class. Use the manage my booking.

Or, go to tripcase.com. Link a trip using your LAN PNR. Go to documents and then itinerary.
Thanks for that! Seems like I hadn't checked Finnair after all. The codes were clearly visible when I looked today.

My booking gets me Q, Y and S on LAN (earning 100% on AS), S on the short IB and BA hops MAD-LGW-EDI (earning 50% on IB/AS) and slightly disappointingly S on Finnair, which only earns 50% on the EDI-HEL-TYO segments.

Not sure where to credit the Air TahitiNui flight. According to wheretocredit.com the options are limited to non existent.

Last edited by andymac66; Oct 24, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Seems like it is gone, as it is pricing 2-3 times higher for same itin.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Seems like it is gone, as it is pricing 2-3 times higher for same itin.
there are many iterations of this fare, at least all the ones I am watching are still working, fluctuating due to inventory. What itins are you looking at?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
One never knows when a fare like this will be pulled, bus seems still to be alive and kicking...

Checking again a possible itenerary ICN-HKG-SYD, SYD-AKL-SCL, SCL-GRU-MAD, MAD-LHR-NRT with first 3 segments A330, next 3 B787, an last 2 (even intra-EU MAD-LHR) on B777. With the stopovers in SYD + SCL + MAD, that increases the basic fare, it prices out as before both Feb and Apr 2018 at $1180.

Having a lay-over of 18h40m in LHR means a night with friends with no extra for a stop.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I've priced something up in Matrix (attachment) but am having problems booking it with BookWithMatrix. I've tried the multi-city tool on several OTAs but they don't seem to be able to replicate it. Even tried calling FlightNetwork to see if it could be done over the phone but the agent couldn't help me book this.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Or does this set of flights violate one of the fare rules?
Attached Images  
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by wuileng
I've priced something up in Matrix (attachment) but am having problems booking it with BookWithMatrix. I've tried the multi-city tool on several OTAs but they don't seem to be able to replicate it. Even tried calling FlightNetwork to see if it could be done over the phone but the agent couldn't help me book this.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Or does this set of flights violate one of the fare rules?
oh boy if I get a dollar every time someone calls the OTA or airline... try to reduce the number of carriers as much as you can, unless you are having a grand tour of OW carriers. Fewer airlines, bigger chance to price it out, base on me playing with this fare. mixing CX and QF on the outbound never worked for me, just something that may help you.

Also, I salute you for such stamina and sheer courage to even think about this MR.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by wuileng

possibly the supposedly complicated flight itinerary could violate fare rules.However somehow if matrix prices this and chose the booking classes, then theoretically the fare exist. call CX and find a patient reservationist , then try to ask him/her to manually add flight by flight with you stipulating the booking class for each flight.if that doesn't price as you want then request for autoprice. Another way is to reserve with Latam. starting if necessary with the Latam flights and see what happens,adding the proceeding flights on subsequent call to Latam. Instead of calling you could go to travel agency and try there...watching the screen.before doing all this I would check momondo,kayak& main OTAs first...if you can Korean ones.good luck.please report your success if you have.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:39 am

If you like this fare to be pulled, then go ahead and call LAN.

afaik this is as such not an EF but I am pretty sure LA never intended such flexible routing options. Let alone some special combo's depending on your point of departure.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Against my better judgment, I will chime in, even though I wish this thread would get buried.

If you keep your itin simple, you will have fewer problems. Yes, I understand the desire to stop at IPC (for example), but that may complicated things, and the stopover rule there may extend your stop for too long. Not sure that Easter Island is worth that long a stop, but to each their own.

PPT is definitely not worth it, unless you plan on going to Bora Bora or some other neighbor island.

My itins that I'm keeping track of are simple AKL-SCL-MAD-TYO or small variations thereof. Plenty of availability into late 2018 schedule, with the added bonus of all 787 and 350 flights (kind of a big deal with all these Y segs).

Keep it simple and don't call the bloody airlines.

Of course, if someone can figure out how to make this an R/T to AKL, I'd be open to all kinds of permutations.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:07 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
I booked myself on the following itinerary: AKL - SCL - LIM (3 nights stopover) - GYE - MAD (3 months stopover) - NRT. All segments operated by LA except for the last one, which is operated by IB. Booked through Expedia for $685, ticketed on 045-stock (LA) within minutes, seats selected for all segments, booking visible on both latam.com and iberia.com. Booking classes: G, X, X, X, X for LA and S for IB. The IB segment will earn me only 50% of the miles flown, but I will be getting 100% for all LA segments. For this price, I can’t complain.
I could have booked a more creative routing (through PPT, IPC, SCL and EZE) for about $300 more but I have been to IPC before (in 2014, thanks to the MEX-IPC fare at the time), the AKL-PPT segment would have been on TN so no useful miles for me and the about 7h overnight layover in EZE would have been awful. Likewise, I could have booked MAD-HEL-NRT (on AY) instead of MAD-NRT nonstop on IB but I am not a huge fan of AY (I do not dislike them as badly as I dislike BA, but still...).
My only discontent is that I could not price the MAD-NRT part of the trip as MAD-FRA-NRT (on LA and JL) but I thought I spent already too much time playng with this itinerary. In the end, I am happy with what I booked.
notsosmart and andymac66 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.