Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd 570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd 570

Old Mar 18, 19, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
How did you book this through QR?!
I booked trough priceline, it ended up being ticketed by QR. No idea why.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:08 pm

How did you book this through QR?!
My Priceline ticket went through JAL. Would have been happy with QR as i need a stopover hotel in DOH (granted not free anymore)
Old Mar 19, 19, 12:45 am

My Priceline ticket went through EK (176), it had four segments on EK.
Old Mar 19, 19, 7:27 am

Yeah, my other priceline ticket went trough Finnair as it had more Finnair segments..

Anyway, the LA 787 experience was ... not amazing.

There's a completely separate priority check-in and security at SCL with the lounge just right after the security - so soon that I almost missed it! The lounge's also pretty good.

The LA712 is a SCL-JNB-TLV -flight, so there was very rude and annoying "random" (I think all business class who didn't have children with them) extra security between the gate and the plane where they made us stand our backs on the wall and did an explosives sweep while the Y walked past us to the plane. It was super weird and very uncomfortable, clearly for everyone. I'm assuming it's because the plane was continuing to Israel.

The 787 was OLD and the 2-2-2 is pretty uncomfortable for solo travellers. I was sitting in 1A and there's really no privacy from whomever ends up sitting next to you. Overall the interior feels like the 80's and not in a good way. The plane is also really good with blocking any wireless signals, so all mobile data signals of everyone instantly died on planing. This is probably very good to know if you're planning to send a "Alright, boarded and ready for takeoff" messages someone who's expecting one.. (I'm assuming it's because of the pretty cool self dimming windows)

The service was ok, food wasn't very good, but it was a four hour flight in a full flat seat so I'm not going to go over the board complaining about it.

Will be flying the 767 from GRU to JNB overnight tomorrow, so will report back.
Old Mar 21, 19, 5:08 am

Reporting about the 767 flight:
GRU airport - head to the AMEX lounge (access with priority pass or amex plat) as it's about a million times better than the LATAM lounge which is pretty terrible.

The 767 is old and .. well. It's just too small for a 2-2-2. As you probably should know, you need a certification of a yellow fever vaccination to fly from Brazil (maybe anywhere?) to South Africa. This seemed to surprise A LOT of people, there were lots of angry shouting in the business class check-in when I went trough. They checked the certificate at the check-in and at the gate. As almost all seats were booked when choosing my seat and the business class was almost empty on the flight, I think that these things might have a connection.

The flight itself was actually pretty good. The seat is narrow, but it was good enough for me to get a decent sleep on and as the business cabin was almost empty, there was nobody sitting next to me. I've read lots of complaints about LATAM Brazil service, but at least this time it was exceptionally good and friendly! So much better than .. well, any other flight on this trip - including Finnair, Iberia and LATAM Chile.

The evening-morning flight worked perfectly and as I slept trough the flight the lack of on-board internet wasn't that much of an annoyance.

1A was a good seat for this, so no worries about this flight, @sgan317

Heading to CPT now and next week JNB-DOH in the 777 and DOH-HKG for the Qsuite finally!
Old Jun 20, 19, 5:33 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by elventhor View Post
I'm currently in SCL, just flew (BUD-HEL-ICN)-ICN-HEL-MAD-SCL on this and continuing from here to SCL-GRU-JNB (-CPT-JNB- on a different ticket)-DOH-HKG-HND, (HND-NAN-AKL with FJ) and then AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-LIM-MAD // MAD-DOH-CMB-NRT and finally (NRT-FUK-HEL-BUD)
I gotta say, I absolutely love Santiago and am extremely happy that I have another week coming up after going around the world again! Will be in PPT for 14.-16. and IPC on 16-17 (of April if anyone happens to be around!
Was all of this - except for CPT-JNB on one ticket?
Old Jun 25, 19, 11:41 pm

No, a total of four tickets;
1: BUD-HEL-ICN // TYO-FUK-HEL-BUD for positioning,
2: ICN-HEL-MAD-SCL // SCL-GRU-JNB-CPT-DOH-HKG-HND (first part in economy, return in business, fare from this thread),
3: HND-NAN-AKL (positioning),
4: AKL-PPT-ICN-SCL-LIM-MAD // MAD-DOH-CMB-NRT (first part in economy, return in business, fare from this thread)

..and additional tix for CPT-JNB-CPT and XX-BUD-XX and other irrelevant side trips.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Aug 5, 19, 5:38 am

The fare is alive. Again a lot of options. Example:
Old Aug 5, 19, 5:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Woohoo! Does it also work ex Seoul again?

Edit: I can't really reproduce this. Which fare(s) is this?
You have combined several double open jaws...?

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Aug 5, 19 at 5:51 am
Old Aug 5, 19, 6:15 am

inbound seems to be KEESFD0F on LA LIM-TYO, nothing supernatural going on, just the half of a 806 fare without surcharge.
Old Aug 5, 19, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mateuszz View Post
The fare is alive. Again a lot of options. Example:
Would you mind showing the search criteria you used? Ta!
Old Aug 5, 19, 6:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by armouredant View Post
You're here as well, @armouredant? Nice! Guess we'll have something to talk about next week.
Old Aug 5, 19, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
You're here as well, @armouredant? Nice! Guess we'll have something to talk about next week.
Yes indeed!
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Aug 5, 19, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by armouredant View Post
Sure, here you are:

Let me know how we can improve it.
Old Aug 5, 19, 6:35 am

I am able to reproduce it from SEL, but still not that good of a deal given the same itin last year would have been low 600s

Search this Thread