Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Try to book directly on the LATAM website, via ITA Matrix Powertools.
You will have to uncomment the line in the script that hides the LATAM link from the result page.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
You will have to uncomment the line in the script that hides the LATAM link from the result page.
I actually updated my own bookmarklet with the latest version of the script to allow this. Give me minute and I'll upload it again...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Thanks, found and uncommented the line and tried booking with LATAM UK, US and Chile through Powertools.

LATAM can't price it. In the beginning they all show me a quote very close to the ITA quote around £2950, so they recognise my itinerary no problem, but after I reach the the pay with PayPal or Credit Card screen (for LATAM US you can enter your credit card details at this stage, for UK and Chile it would be the next page) it says redirecting and gives me an error message.

Also, LATAM UK is unable to price my itinerary with or without any stopovers unlike Priceline which can at least price it without stopovers. Also, tried a dummy booking on LATAM for MAD-FRA, and I get to the payments page just fine with other bookings.

This is taking much longer than I had anticipated Any other pointers?

EDIT: Copy paste of error message for LATAM UK site: "Due to problems on the website, the transaction has not been completed. No charge has therefore been made to the selectedmeans of payment. Please try using our sister website tam.com.br to finalise thesale."

Last edited by SCLNRT; Jul 23, 2018 at 4:27 am
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I'm not sure if that is because of the itinerary. I have actually had the same issue when trying to book very simple non-stop flights on LATAM in coach.
You might want to try a combination of different browsers and different LATAM websites.

Alternatively, you could create a LATAM account and then try to book while logged in.
That should you give you the option to put your booking on hold and call to pay (PLEASE DON'T DO THAT) or pay online.
The thing is, with LATAM Fidelidade merged into Multiplus, I am not sure how to pay for an existing booking online (don't have time to play with the websites at the moment).
But if you find a solution for that, you will be everyone's hero.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
That sounds interesting, do you from the top of your head if I can reliably put down my BAEC number for all segments if I use a LATAM account to book?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:43 am

I believe so (or at least you could probably leave the field empty and add the number later) - because when I used this approach (it was for a different LATAM "special offer" ), I credited all my flights to BAEC.
But I'm not 100% sure and that also was over a year ago.
In any case it shouldn't be a problem to call LATAM or BA and ask them to change the FF# on the booking, I've done that many times in the past (for example, when I had status with both AB and BA and wanted to get free seat selection on AB metal, but credit to BA).
Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:16 am

Remember that to use the LAN link on ITA Powertools, you have to visit Lan.com and log in or at least create a session by starting a flight search first, in a different tab.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
Remember that to use the LAN link on ITA Powertools, you have to visit Lan.com and log in or at least create a session by starting a flight search first, in a different tab.
Correct, but if you don't do that, it won't even show you the itinerary. So that's not the issue here.
armouredant likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:29 am

Anyway, I've updated the ITA bookmarklet page I threw up here with v0.28 and the LAN link re-enabled.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:16 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm having new issues booking through powertools. Priceline links always reprice or error. American Europe/Asia links work and take credit card and gives PNR but booking never completes. A visit to LATAM.com says payment is pending.

Any advice ? What are others experiencing lately?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by hsk
I'm having new issues booking through powertools. Priceline links always reprice or error. American Europe/Asia links work and take credit card and gives PNR but booking never completes. A visit to LATAM.com says payment is pending.

My booking has PNR's with AA and im just holding for an actual ticket number at this point. AA told me theres some issues ticketing Amadeus reservations and it will eventually post. It technically can ticket up until 7/28. Are you suggesting that those reservations wont be valid?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:31 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sgan317
Are you suggesting that those reservations wont be valid?
From my experience they won't be valid and no ticket number will be issued.

Did you get an email confirmation? What happens if you check the pnr on aa.com?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by hsk

From my experience they won't be valid and no ticket number will be issued.

Did you get an email confirmation? What happens if you check the pnr on aa.com?
Didnt get email confirmation and PNR says can not be displayed via AA. It shows as "On-Hold" when I look at a partner website with the provided PNR's.

I actually spoke with AA tonight about it and they said its just gonna drop off and never ticket as you suggested. I was able to get Priceline to issue my ticket. Got issues on JAL 131 stock and ticketed right away. If your having trouble with priceline, try clearing your cache, I had to try it 3 times before it ticketed.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by hsk

This can happen with complex itineraries. Best approach is to edit the Priceline link that Powertools spits out. Replace the tilde symbols (~) with hyphens (-). That usually does the trick.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by swingaling
This can happen with complex itineraries. Best approach is to edit the Priceline link that Powertools spits out. Replace the tilde symbols (~) with hyphens (-). That usually does the trick.
~ means a completely new segment, only replace them with - when you have connections. For stopovers you have to keep the tilde.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.