Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone been able to make a stopover in the US work (such as JFK)? I've tried, but can't seem to make that happen. I have been able to put stops in JNB and MAD with no issues and I've even been able to price out a 6 continent RTW, but a stop in North America seems to be the sticking point. Any ideas?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by swingaling
Has anyone been able to make a stopover in the US work (such as JFK)? I've tried, but can't seem to make that happen. I have been able to put stops in JNB and MAD with no issues and I've even been able to price out a 6 continent RTW, but a stop in North America seems to be the sticking point. Any ideas?
I was able to make a stopover in SFO. AKL-SCL-SFO(few months stopover)-TYO. Probably has to do with the direction you are going.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by andaman C
I was able to make a stopover in SFO. AKL-SCL-SFO(few months stopover)-TYO. Probably has to do with the direction you are going.
Hmm. Were SCL-SFO and SFO-TYO both on LA coded flights? I’ve tried forcing a stop at JFK when doing SCL-(LA)-JFK-(LA)-HKG/TYO without any luck. Not sure if it’s a codeshare restriction for the TPAC (LA code on CX/JL metal) of something else entirely.

I should also note, that ITA misprices some of the itineraries I’ve generated. Though LA shows the correct fare when I proceed to booking. ITA will show $9k+, whereas LA shows $3,800. This is for the I fare with outbound being 125% MPM. SCL-MAD-JNB-HKG-HND//HND-HKG-SYD-SCL. That MAD-JNB segment is a real pain to get nailed down...

Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Hmm. Were SCL-SFO and SFO-TYO both on LA coded flights? I’ve tried forcing a stop at JFK when doing SCL-(LA)-JFK-(LA)-HKG/TYO without any luck. Not sure if it’s a codeshare restriction for the TPAC (LA code on CX/JL metal) of something else entirely.

I should also note, that ITA misprices some of the itineraries I’ve generated. Though LA shows the correct fare when I proceed to booking. ITA will show $9k+, whereas LA shows $3,800. This is for the I fare with outbound being 125% MPM. SCL-MAD-JNB-HKG-HND//HND-HKG-SYD-SCL. That MAD-JNB segment is a real pain to get nailed down...

Well, you have a lot more moving parts than I did. SCL-SFO was on LA. SFO to TYO was JL or ANA.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal

Finding I bucket availability on that leg is hard unless you go several months out. Use EF if you have access.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by skunker
Finding I bucket availability on that leg is hard unless you go several months out. Use EF if you have access.
I do. That’s how I found it. But for IB (and BA), you’re actually looking for R fare availability (perhaps I works as well). ITA can’t price it correctly, but it can price it.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:06 pm

If I purchase this via AA and credit to AA will it earn off Partner Award chart because all the flights are marketed by partners?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317
If I purchase this via AA and credit to AA will it earn off Partner Award chart because all the flights are marketed by partners?
Yes
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
The more flights the more challenges you will have. You can try SCL-LAX-TYO. SQ's fifth freedom flight should be an option. Also consider YVR to JL. AA codeshares via DFW or MIA should work as well. I would be interested in seeing what you have come up with. I booked two mixed cabin itineraries, one for September and one for February. We are doing stopovers in AKL & 10 days in PPT. I am crediting to AS.

James
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The more flights the more challenges you will have. You can try SCL-LAX-TYO. SQ's fifth freedom flight should be an option. Also consider YVR to JL. AA codeshares via DFW or MIA should work as well. I would be interested in seeing what you have come up with. I booked two mixed cabin itineraries, one for September and one for February. We are doing stopovers in AKL & 10 days in PPT. I am crediting to AS.

James
I have trouble getting any East Coast stops (JFK, MIA, BOS), even on simple itineraries like SCL-JFK-TYO. For whatever reason, it just will not allow that stop in JFK. I can force a stop in DFW, SFO and LAX. I can also route via HNL (with a stop) on AA lie flat DFW-HNL.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I have trouble getting any East Coast stops (JFK, MIA, BOS), even on simple itineraries like SCL-JFK-TYO. For whatever reason, it just will not allow that stop in JFK. I can force a stop in DFW, SFO and LAX. I can also route via HNL (with a stop) on AA lie flat DFW-HNL.
I find that stopovers work best where you are starting or ending on an LA Metal Flight. Have you checked to see if the flights you want at the stopover city have inventory in the required fare buckets. EK needs O, BA, IB need R, JL needs X etc. LA now has a non-stop GRU-LAS, you could try a stopover there then AA to LAX, SFO, DFW back to JAPAN or an open Jaw.

James
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:43 am

Anyone get this to force onto EK's 5th freedom SCL-GRU?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by sgan317
Anyone get this to force onto EK's 5th freedom SCL-GRU?
Not possible.

IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN SOUTH AMERICA
THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY JJ FLIGHT
ANY PZ FLIGHT
ANY LA FLIGHT
ANY XL FLIGHT
ANY 4M FLIGHT.
sgan317 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Is there a way to get business class flights on the outbound without the price skyrocketing?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: QF
Do you want business then for everything or just the outbound?
You could try f bc=i
I have seen it change the outbound. Someone above also posted a full business class trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.