Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Hey, no offense! I didn't mean you were lying or anything, beyounged and I have just tried to book this with C flights and couldn't make it work. ITA always showed availability, but we just couldn't book it.
If you could book it, kudos!
I would really like to book this too, but I just spent way too much money on two nice F trips with my girl-friend. :-(
Old May 7, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Hey, no offense! I didn't mean you were lying or anything, beyounged and I have just tried to book this with C flights and couldn't make it work. ITA always showed availability, but we just couldn't book it.
If you could book it, kudos!
I would really like to book this too, but I just spent way too much money on two nice F trips with my girl-friend. :-(
All good my friend! Did you know that in school booking an F is a failure!!! lol 🤣🤣

Cheers

James
Old May 7, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
All good my friend! Did you know that in school booking an F is a failure!!! lol 🤣🤣
I would kill a drifter to know how you forced those J segs.

Also out of curiosity, why didn't you try for CX flights, in order to maximize your AS earning?
Old May 8, 2018, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart
I would kill a drifter to know how you forced those J segs.

Also out of curiosity, why didn't you try for CX flights, in order to maximize your AS earning?
My Itinerary is 8 Segments, three in Y, 5 in J. All flights east from SCL are J on LA, EK, EK, KE & CX which all credit at 125% EQM + 100% RDM bonus + Elite bonus in the J classes booked. The challenge was for maximizing EQM on the Y flights. KE credits at 50% EQM for the Y class booked while LA & QF credit at 100%. I took a shorter KE flight to connect to a higher yielding carrier.

Only 1284 of the 30,404 miles flown in the itinerary credit at less than 100% as EQM. A mere 4.2%.

I looked at BA but the J fare books into R which is only 150% EQM but I decided to forego the extra 25% EQM on one segment to fly 2Χ EK in J on the A380 and a great Lounge too.

Breakdown as MVPG75K.

Miles flown, 30,404
EQM 34,132
J bonus RDM 17,479
75K Elite Bonus RDM 37,204
Total RDM 88,315 Plus CC spend on Alaska MasterCard takes it to 91,574.

James
Old May 8, 2018, 9:19 am

Hello- long time reader, first time poster. I have a rather great itinerary put together but I was looking to hop off in MAD for an easy flight back to NYC. Are there likely reprocussions for not completing the segment? Or should I just schedule the MAD-TYO segment for a later date?
Old May 8, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
In theory, they could recalculate the price, but that is extremely unlikely.
I skip segments all the time, including on this fare. No problems so far.
In general, you might want to avoid flying the same carrier or credit all flights to LATAM (as this would make it easier for them to prove that you didn't just miss your flight), but even that probably isn't a problem, as long as you don't do it all the time.
It won't matter if you schedule the MAD-TYO for a segment for a later day, but the advantage with that is that you'd be able to check your bags to MAD only, if you want to check bags at all. But it would probably increase the price.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
I confirm the successful AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-DXB-SEZ-DXB-HND routing. A little problem in the SEZ imigration with regard to the SCL route (in addition to flying to Colombia), but OK with the supervisor.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by burito
I confirm the successful AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-DXB-SEZ-DXB-HND routing. A little problem in the SEZ imigration with regard to the SCL route (in addition to flying to Colombia), but OK with the supervisor.
is this all in economy class ? How much is the fare ?
Old May 9, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Got the logic of fare construction, but still do not get the LATAM Y fares that book into business cabin. I see they are cleaning up such cheap Y fares, but still good to understand.

PS. Miss the times when I flew BA F on cheapest LA A promo eco fares
our_kid likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Keter
Got the logic of fare construction, but still do not get the LATAM Y fares that book into business cabin. I see they are cleaning up such cheap Y fares, but still good to understand.
Yea, I hope they don't catch on before I actually make my booking. An RTW 1/2 in J is soooooo sweet.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:04 pm

Yea, I hope they don't catch on before I actually make my booking. An RTW 1/2 in J is soooooo sweet.
This is really a Y,J fare so those browsing the Premium Fares will miss it. 😉 8 segments, 3Y & 5J at a little over $265 / segment is so sweet. The title doesn't reflect the deal now. I am going to book a second one just can't decide if I should do it before or after and what other routes to try. AY has potential with 200% EQM to AS.

James
Old May 9, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
it is not possible to book with AA sectors to apply SWU for outbound, right?
Old May 9, 2018, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbd456
it is not possible to book with AA sectors to apply SWU for outbound, right?
Since this is an LA fare departing AKL/ICN/PER? no. And there are no AA segments on any of the itins that I've looked at.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
This is really a Y,J fare so those browsing the Premium Fares will miss it. 😉 8 segments, 3Y & 5J at a little over $265 / segment is so sweet. The title doesn't reflect the deal now. I am going to book a second one just can't decide if I should do it before or after and what other routes to try. AY has potential with 200% EQM to AS.

James
I think that I have the one I want maxed out. I would've loved EK, but any DXB connection breaks my fares, so either I'm doing something wrong, or it's just not available in my timeframe.

Now, I am curious about what one could do going westbound the whole way. I priced one out in March 2019 for $870 USD, all Y. I wonder if there are other possibilities?
Old May 9, 2018, 6:30 pm

I think that I have the one I want maxed out. I would've loved EK, but any DXB connection breaks my fares, so either I'm doing something wrong, or it's just not available in my timeframe.

Now, I am curious about what one could do going westbound the whole way. I priced one out in March 2019 for $870 USD, all Y. I wonder if there are other possibilities?
Price seem to double in the opposite direction. Looks like Y from ICN to SCL up to six segments then J on just about every routing I tried back to TYO. Interesting that you can fly through cities more than once. I start at ICN on segment 1 and fly back to ICN on segment 6 enroute to HKG (segment 7) which was where segment 2 started. 😁

James.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.