Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by notsosmart
I've played around with all combos, but they all kick over to LATAM Ecuador/Brazil/Etc. and I was under the impression that those do not earn AS miles, only LAN Chile operated flights do. Or am I wrong in that reading of the rules?
The AS 'LAN' chart is a total mess. AFAIK, it's not just LAN Chile flights that can be credited, it's most LATAM flights other than LATAM Brazil (those have flight numbers that fall outside the allowed range, legacy TAM numbers). I've had LATAM Peru and LATAM Ecuador flights credit when the flight number fell within the allowed range.

As for LA1440/1441 (+ LA2484/2485) - Provided it's not coded or operated by Wamos, it should credit according to the chart since it's operated by "LAN" and falls between flight numbers 1400-1943 (or 2000-2943)
notsosmart likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Is the deal dead from AKL?
The cheapest flights I can find are 1,474€.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Never mind, I was probably just exceeding MPM trying to route through MAD...
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Never mind, I was probably just exceeding MPM trying to route through MAD...
I'm routing through MAD because I want to, am getting below $1100, or around $1400 if Adding the PPT-IPC routing.

What are you looking at?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:34 am

I was trying to route AKL-PPT-IPC-BOG-LIM-MAD-FRA-HND, which would have more LA segments (=free upgrades), but it doesn’t work, probably due to MPM.

Routing AKL-PPT-IPC-LIM-BOG-MAD-FRA-HND does work, however. But then BOG-MAD is on IB metal (=no upgrade). I just flew that in Y and I couldn’t sleep for one minute (exit row window seat with the door sticking out and also there was a lot of light from the galley and lavatory). Through this fare I have found out that coach is perfectly fine for day flights if you have enough legroom (I’m not even tall), but for redeyes I’d really prefer C...
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I was trying to route AKL-PPT-IPC-BOG-LIM-MAD-FRA-HND, which would have more LA segments (=free upgrades), but it doesn’t work, probably due to MPM.

Routing AKL-PPT-IPC-LIM-BOG-MAD-FRA-HND does work, however. But then BOG-MAD is on IB metal (=no upgrade). I just flew that in Y and I couldn’t sleep for one minute (exit row window seat with the door sticking out and also there was a lot of light from the galley and lavatory). Through this fare I have found out that coach is perfectly fine for day flights if you have enough legroom (I’m not even tall), but for redeyes I’d really prefer C...
Wouldn't we all prefer C?

My itins are as vanilla as I can make them, though I am TRYING to force KE instead of AY, to see if I can get 100% miles on AS Mileage Plan. If not, c'est la vie, I'm treating this as a vacation trip not a mileage run anyway.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:18 pm

Just got all my miles posted. I flew LA2417 LA2485 and had to email in for the credit. I lost my LIM-MAD boarding pass during my 5 segment epic voyage, (they left me a short stub and over 80 hours no sleeping is not advantageous for me to keep a tiny piece of paper) and now it seems like I just lost 13k miles... But can confirm LP and XL flights do credit, as long as they fall in the range, Galapago flights will not.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by beyounged
Just got all my miles posted. I flew LA2417 LA2485 and had to email in for the credit. I lost my LIM-MAD boarding pass during my 5 segment epic voyage, (they left me a short stub and over 80 hours no sleeping is not advantageous for me to keep a tiny piece of paper) and now it seems like I just lost 13k miles... But can confirm LP and XL flights do credit, as long as they fall in the range, Galapago flights will not.
Are you sure you can't credit to AS without the boarding pass? I've had two LATAM itineraries in the past that didn't post, and all I had to provide was a copy of the receipt and one boarding pass (presumably to prove I started travel). AS states:
For partner airline flights that aren't eligible for online requests, please send a copy of your passenger receipt and at least one boarding pass to:
I wouldn't let 13k miles go that easy
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Are you sure you can't credit to AS without the boarding pass? I've had two LATAM itineraries in the past that didn't post, and all I had to provide was a copy of the receipt and one boarding pass (presumably to prove I started travel). AS states:I wouldn't let 13k miles go that easy
Me too! It is almost 6k MQM as well, I have already emailed back, and hopefully they will just credit it. I have not enclosed a receipt yet, but I can definitely do so if they require so. Think this way, if a program awards you 13k miles for one economy flight, it is a damn nice program.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:58 pm

Also for ChocolateFactory, base on my experience at GYE 2 weeks ago, it looks like WAMOS operated flights are actually only flown by WAMOS metal, as the crew is also trained by LA, and the entire service is said to be tuned to be as close to LA as possible (so those stupid 1-dish meals!). I do not know, but I asked a ground agent. Also, everywhere it is 100% shown as LA1440 instead of EB coded flights, display boards to boarding passes, so I am fairly confident AS will not know a thing if it is operated by a strange Spanish holiday airline or not.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
My segment from IPC to SCL (today) was oversold and I volunteered for being bumped to the Sunday flight instead. I had a three day buffer in SCL and a refundable hotel booking so nothing to lose.

LATAM is paying for my hotel here for those two nights, all my meals and my transfers. They also gave me 800 USD cash.

Considering that it's almost the value of the entire ticket, I'm quite happy about this turn of event!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:29 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by beyounged
I'm a bit confused by this. You're saying XL do credit so long as they're in numbers range but Galapagos flights won't credit? so XL1410 and XL1440 won't credit even though they fall in range?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by richh1833
I'm a bit confused by this. You're saying XL do credit so long as they're in numbers range but Galapagos flights won't credit? so XL1410 and XL1440 won't credit even though they fall in range?
Apologies, my mistake, as long as they fall into range, and is sold by LA Group, it should credit correctly on the Galapagos flights. I am not exactly sure if they will put XL flight numbers on the BP for intra-Ecuador flights, if they do then the chances may still be slim. I meant is those UIO-GYE routes that fall outside of range.

Last edited by beyounged; Apr 22, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:31 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Any clues on baggage policy? My itinerary is SYD-SCL-GYE-GPS/SCY-GYE-MAD(stop)-LHR-SIN-HND. I'll be flying IB from MAD-LHR BA from LHR-SIN and JL from SIN-HND. Will I still get 1 checked bag form MAD-LHR?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Finally pulled the trigger on this for Mrs Our_Kids birthday special

ICN-HKG-SIN-PER-SYD-SCL/LIM-MAD/MAD-LHR-HND

ICN-SCL in Business / LIM-HND Coach

Ticketed on LAN through PowerTools - MAD-HND is 6 weeks after the trip, going to use it to see Cherry Blossoms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.