Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:56 am

ICN works as the only other option, and you have to route through Europe, so ICN-MAD-SCL as outbound. read the first few pages of the thread for more.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
There is a lot more possible from ICN! Through Auckland or even the PPT-IPC route is possible. Going through LA works too.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: EuroBonus
Question

Originally Posted by danfl44
There is a lot more possible from ICN! Through Auckland or even the PPT-IPC route is possible. Going through LA works too.
Could you give an example starting in ICN and going trough AKL , PPT and IPC please ?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: M&M, EC BA
Originally Posted by Catweazle
Now if only this was available in early 2019, I'd jump at it. Only that's too far ahead for most booking engines at this stage...
Yes it is

https://www.google.com/flights/?hl=p...019-02-07;tt=m
JimmyH.SE likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by ck_cologne
I have been following this lead for a while and I an almost to book
akl ppt ipc scl eze fra tyo
any idea for swapping akl against any asian city as I will start my trip in Europe
at pesent I can book for around 1000 Euros
May not be what you want as this is going to be ending directly from Tahiti to Tokyo but for your reference:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...TNRT0TN78;eo=e
ck_cologne and JimmyH.SE like this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:51 pm

it is possible to route ICN-SYD-SCL, or ICN-AKL-SCL, but it is on a different fare basis and is always 150+USD more expensive. ICN-LAX-SCL are also similar, especially those that involve SQ are very hard to book.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: Plenty
Originally Posted by shek3112
May not be what you want as this is going to be ending directly from Tahiti to Tokyo but for your reference:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...TNRT0TN78;eo=e
very nice routing indeed thank you .....at least an alternative option
did anybody successfully imcorporate MVD?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by ck_cologne

very nice routing indeed thank you .....at least an alternative option
did anybody successfully imcorporate MVD?
any city that LA flies in South America is technically doable, as long as both LIM and SCL has direct flights. I have been able to price out outbound that stops in MVD, VVI, LPB, BOG, GYE, ASU. Route somthing like ICN-MAD-LIM-MVD//MVD-SCL
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:03 pm

i have noticed when you actually try to go book from GF links, every price jumps up $350+ pp. Am i missing something?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
I would appreciate some help from anyone who is a bit more knowledgeable about how to ticket from ITA...

I've tried multiple carriers, all the usual OTA's, bookwithmatrix, etc. No matter what I do, the price seems to shoot up by around $500.
Here's the GF link too, if it helps: https://goo.gl/flights/Zn2jt

Thank you!!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:10 pm

I checed is $1.18k for your route
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: Plenty
I am to press the button on my AKL to Tyo
However, did not find any multi segment OTA that allows me to book last segment into March 2019.
want to use last Europe to Japan segment for a holiday in Japan for Sakura
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
I would appreciate some help from anyone who is a bit more knowledgeable about how to ticket from ITA...

I've tried multiple carriers, all the usual OTA's, bookwithmatrix, etc. No matter what I do, the price seems to shoot up by around $500.
Here's the GF link too, if it helps: https://goo.gl/flights/Zn2jt

Thank you!!
I have consulted many travel agents and they say LA tickets usually have bizarre hidden married segments, and ITA only checks availability segment by segment, so most things shown on ITA are unbookable. the only way is to trial and error by going thu PL via powertools. It took me 3 months to book 4 trips, an absolute pain in the bum.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by beyounged
I have consulted many travel agents and they say LA tickets usually have bizarre hidden married segments, and ITA only checks availability segment by segment, so most things shown on ITA are unbookable. the only way is to trial and error by going thu PL via powertools. It took me 3 months to book 4 trips, an absolute pain in the bum.
Thank you! That is sort of what I was expecting. Makes it super difficult to pinpoint the cause and to price it out accurately without trial and error
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Alaska, American
I cant believe this tickets are still available after almost 6 months. more importantly I cant figure out a way to make it work from the US west coast

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.