Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
That's true, very reasonable price for BA F.... They haven't honored any of their F sales though, that's worrying...BA is so fickle with their sales...The last one honored was the OSL J fare.
Let's put it this way. The KUL fare was £1200 and not only they cancelled, they made me feel guilty for booking. They were so rude.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Thanks to OP!
Got a last minute booking. It just went off on ba.com(BA/AA)when changing the dates but got ticketed through ebookers for 903€. BA/XL(Lan Ecuador) LHR-JFK-GYE. Added the booking to ba.com, everything is confirmed. 777 BA and 763 XL. 700TPs and more than 28k miles according to my BAEC account. This must be the free First class upgrade promo on BA when available. When BA finishing the Concorde room refurbishing?

Last edited by Jaenks; Oct 3, 2017 at 12:12 am
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Is the UK more strict than the US on holding airlines to discounted fares like this one?
No. Regulators here don't care.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I believe this is in order...
mrow and The Wolf like this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
No. Regulators here don't care.
I wonder if passing through the US will help it more. US DOT regulations might apply?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:12 am

Booked two of these for weekends next year. As always I doubt that these will stick. Booking once would have been more sensible, but will happily go twice
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I was able to get three tickets and on one of my itineraries the whole F cabin from LHR-MIA is almost full (I assume many of you will be joining me).

What are the chances they don't pull the fare? I'm not familiar with BA and how they've acted before with these situations. For now I haven't booked any hotels.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:35 am

Only one of my flights had seats reserved. Was able to grab 1A on all of them, which is a rare thing for me.

LATAM site won't allow me to choose seats, invites me to pay for my booking first. I expect seat selection will be possible soon.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
Anyone in tonight ?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by danam
Only one of my flights had seats reserved. Was able to grab 1A on all of them, which is a rare thing for me.

LATAM site won't allow me to choose seats, invites me to pay for my booking first. I expect seat selection will be possible soon.
LATAM site is not very reliable. Try calling.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I was able to get three tickets and on one of my itineraries the whole F cabin from LHR-MIA is almost full (I assume many of you will be joining me).

What are the chances they don't pull the fare? I'm not familiar with BA and how they've acted before with these situations. For now I haven't booked any hotels.
Honestly? very little.

They have never honoured a single EF in 1st class, hence why I would have decided to not even bother

Of course, I hope they will this time but I'm very skeptic.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by olouie
I wonder if passing through the US will help it more. US DOT regulations might apply?
With neither origin nor destination in the US, I think you'll have to dream on
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Why did anyone choose to go through Kennedy? I want to maximize BA F time, and Lantam sucks.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Why did anyone choose to go through Kennedy? I want to maximize BA F time, and Lantam sucks.
JFK gives more TP, 700TP instead of 500.

That said, I also booked MIA.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
I would have definitely booked via JFK, with the longest possible connection in NYC for an extra day out. I'm jealous of those of you who managed to book this - and moreso, those of you who are flying before BA start cancelling tickets :P I'm off to the Galapagos in two weeks, albeit in AA/XL economy from LA -__-

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.