Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by akira22098
I'm afraid that indeed the case... it's the the highlighted grey/yellow box before you pay. 24hr "I've made a mistake" refund can only be done over the phone. Online cancellation = standard cancellation so for cheap non-flex economy = tax refund (minus fees) only.... but basically whatever the cancellation fare rules are plus cancellation admin fees.
Hasn't been the case for any of my cancellations. All have been online and automatically credited back to my CC when done within 24 hours.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Sounds like MauiBaby got some dodo head.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:22 am
Suspended

When do people feel it’s safe to start booking hotels?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
When do people feel it’s safe to start booking hotels?
I just book refundable ones, to be sure of a hotel. Can change it later.
peacefultraveller likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by danam
I just book refundable ones, to be sure of a hotel. Can change it later.
Yes but I’m sure as you know nonrefundable ones are a lot cheaper in many cases. Not to mention I have three of these trips lined up so I have to book many hotel nights. I need to book for one night at LHR, 4 nights at GYE, 3 nights again in LHR, 3 nights in GYE, 1 night in LHR, 4 nights again in GYE, then 1 night again in LHR.

Anyway, when can we officially start booking hotels? A week?

Last edited by Edgerfly; Oct 4, 2017 at 12:53 am
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:14 am

Yes but I’m sure as you know nonrefundable ones are a lot cheaper in many cases. Not to mention I have three of these trips lined up so I have to book many hotel nights. I need to book for one night at LHR, 4 nights at GYE, 3 nights again in LHR, 3 nights in GYE, 1 night in LHR, 4 nights again in GYE, then 1 night again in LHR.

Anyway, when can we officially start booking hotels? A week?
whens your trip? I’d wait a couple of weeks if your trip is still a ways away. Definitely way too soon at this point to start booking non refundable plans (I took advantage of the ANZ mistake and even took positioning flights halfway across the world only to find out upon landing that my error date was straight up cancelled — the cancellations hit 5-6 days or so after booking and I ended up stuck in Australia); some other situations have taken longer for resolution so there’s not an official timeline unless the airline explicitly puts out a statement (like ANA did a month or two ago with their mistake fares) — again, hard to straight up say this case is a mistake fare ).

If others start flying within the next couple of weeks I’d feel good about this. I wouldn’t bank on the experience of the person who already flew this because that person literally flew hours after booking, which is within a time frame the airline may have not decided what to do.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:17 am
Suspended

Trip is not till January, but the earlier your book hotels usually are better deals. In any case, I mean is there a timeframe that is the usual people wait? A weeek? Two weeks?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Trip is not till January, but the earlier your book hotels usually are better deals. In any case, I mean is there a timeframe that is the usual people wait? A weeek? Two weeks?
It’s about your risk tolerance. If you are happy to take on risk you can book hotels sooner and lock in cheaper pricing. If you would rather avoid risk then book closer to departure or book refundable rates and accept you will pay a premium.

Last edited by mrow; Oct 4, 2017 at 2:06 am
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:33 am

You need to make your own decisions. It all depends on your risk tolerance.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:39 am
Suspended

So there’s no time period people usually wait to say to themselves “okay BA is going to honor all these fares.”
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:00 am

Has anyone visited the Galapagos Islands and is it worth going? Might be a good opportunity to visit on this MR.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KenGreen888
Has anyone visited the Galapagos Islands and is it worth going? Might be a good opportunity to visit on this MR.
Funny you should mention this. My FA friend who told me they nickname the city guyaKILL, said it would be a good opportunity to hop over to the Galapagos.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Executive Club Gold, Miles & Bonus Gold, Alaska Mileage Plan, Aeroplan, LifeMiles
Originally Posted by KenGreen888
Definitely go there! I did it on AV (award from LH M&M), every penny you can spend there is worth
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
You could always make refundable hotel bookings right now, perhaps canceling and rebooking cheaper no-change reservations when you are more confident of the flights sticking.

Rates aren't necessarily cheap very far out. Hotels refine these as the dates cross their yield management horizons.

A week or so should do it. There's no reason to delay, and the airline is expected to act immediately to minimise inconvenience arising from a mistake: if it doesn't the regulator, ombudsman or courts will take a dim view.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:30 am

Found this information while doing some research.

Health Insurance:

From February 2018, all tourists entering Ecuador must show proof of a public or private health insurance program valid for the duration of their stay.

http://www.andeantc.com/photos/newslatter3.pdf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.