Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by DrSE
I just boarded my LHR-JFK
Enjoy your flight!
Aiii...just submitted my PhD thesis. Ytd night too sleepy...missed
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milkbottlec
Enjoy your flight!
Congratulations!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:45 pm

I wanted to book the LHR-MIA-GYE flights, but ended up booking LHR-JFK-GYE since the 2018 dates I booked only had the 737 on the MIA-GYE and those recliners aren't my thing. Also easier to know what my EQD will be since its all BA/XL coded instead of AA coded (which the MIA-GYE route was).

GYE looks like a decent place to spend a few days or a good jumping off point for the Galapagos islands.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:54 pm

Leaving Flight at Miami - Taxes Back?

First post. I purchase 4 tickets for outward journey in June. We are having second thoughts on whether I want to take the family to GYE, we have 5 nights there. If we leave the flight in Miami will we get the taxes back for the other flights? Do we tell BA to cancel the other flights when we check in at LHR for our flight to Miami?
Booked the Air New Zealand flight that got cancelled a couple of weeks ago SYD-LAX - got Expedia to give me a $200 voucher!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Ian45rpm
First post. I purchase 4 tickets for outward journey in June. We are having second thoughts on whether I want to take the family to GYE, we have 5 nights there. If we leave the flight in Miami will we get the taxes back for the other flights? Do we tell BA to cancel the other flights when we check in at LHR for our flight to Miami?
Booked the Air New Zealand flight that got cancelled a couple of weeks ago SYD-LAX - got Expedia to give me a $200 voucher!
It doesn’t work like that, you do not just get to tell BA to cancel legs. That would cause the ticket to reprice, for instance then if you wanted to fly only LHR MIA LHR, you are going to pay the current F rate
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ian45rpm
If you booked direct with BA, give them a call to cancel with no penalty. Has to be done within 24 hours of booking. Cancelled one of my two bookings this afternoon, needed some time to decide which date to use.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Has anyone been able to use their record locator on LATAM to successfully select seats? Mine still says "don't forget to pay". BA locator already let me select.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by BLazarus22
Has anyone been able to use their record locator on LATAM to successfully select seats? Mine still says "don't forget to pay". BA locator already let me select.
Do you have a ticket number yet?

Check here for ticketing info:

http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx

1st field: Confirmation
2nd field: Last Name
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
Wow wow ;)

Originally Posted by milkbottlec
Enjoy your flight!
enjoy. I wish I can travel like you .have a wonderful trip
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by a330300
Do you have a ticket number yet?

Check here for ticketing info:

http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx

1st field: Confirmation
2nd field: Last Name
It recognized the BA portion, but not the LA segments. I have a ticket number from the OTA.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by BLazarus22
It recognized the BA portion, but not the LA segments. I have a ticket number from the OTA.
Since your ticket seems OK & issued, I'd try giving the OTA a ring and see if there's an alternate record for LA; I had 2 different ones with a BA/AA combo.

LA can also be funky with seating, so it may be worth giving them a call for seats once the dust has settled a bit.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: Enough
I booked with Amex Travel (US). Now that the deal is dead, I proactively called British Airways and asked if they were honouring the ticket. I seemed to speak with a competent agent. I pointed out the fare and the class of service. I asked if BA intends to honour the fare. The agent answered in the affirmative.

My reasoning for this call, which was recorded, was to confirm whether my ticket was being honoured. Further, the recording acts as compelling evidence for a lawsuit should the ticket be cancelled.

(voiding a contract for unilateral mistake is not a remedy for BA under Quebec law, which for me is the lex loci contractus)

Last edited by durberville; Oct 3, 2017 at 2:26 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: ex-multiyear AA EXP/OWE, now SA Gold/AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by durberville
...I proactively called British Airways and asked if they were honouring the ticket...

(voiding a contract for unilateral mistake is not a remedy for BA under Quebec law...)
How nice of you to do that! I mean, who cares about everyone else who isn't protected under Quebec law, right?

altitude75k likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
What's up with bloggers and this new fad of recording call centre agents?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: ex-multiyear AA EXP/OWE, now SA Gold/AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by montezume
What's up with bloggers and this new fad of recording call centre agents?
I especially love the title of the blog. Must be an 'ironic' title?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.