Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]Nz: Syd-lax z $944

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please:
Do NOT call the airline while the fare is still alive!
(Definitely dead now. Plead your case to have your ticket(s) reinstated!)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE]Nz: Syd-lax z $944

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Booked mine on expedia US, I don't think the expedia AU has the 24-hour cooling of period, btw. (google takes you to expedia AU).
Ticketed within 5 minutes, with a stopover in AKL. I was also trying to add a stopover in NAN but it would keep repricing...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by koika
Not seeing it on amex anymore.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Numb3rs
24hrs to cancel on expedia or NZ website?
Orbitz.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Booked mine on expedia US, I don't think the expedia AU has the 24-hour cooling of period, btw. (google takes you to expedia AU).
Ticketed within 5 minutes, with a stopover in AKL. I was also trying to add a stopover in NAN but it would keep repricing...
Ah! I did it straight on Expedia.com.au, didn't think that much so just pull the trigger. So far no ticket #. I guess I should have booked via US site!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joetraveler99
It's already posted on the Points Guy. Gone soon, I'll bet.
bloodsucking bloggers, making the $$. now it's gone. coincidence?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: 1W
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Fare rules allowed free stopovers in AKL and a few other cities. I just used multicity function and it priced out on Expedia and Amex Travel. But still no ticket number, I wonder if stopover is a hang up. But pricing wise, it came out to be $40-50 more due to extra taxes and fees.
Thank you for explaining, I have a lot to learn!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: Olympian, no medals (non-elite status :p )
It's dead. Sad.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by tonywush
Ah! I did it straight on Expedia.com.au, didn't think that much so just pull the trigger. So far no ticket #. I guess I should have booked via US site!
I am not 100% sure, but expedia AU doesn't display the 24 cancellation sign...I had to switch to the US version, which took me 5 minutes there to double check everything under the gun, not sure when it will get pooled...I got ticketed probably a couple of minutes before it got pooled...crazy...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Great idea for the WIKI, FlytheTail! Got my ticket # a few minutes after booking via Amextravel!
argghhh, i was too quick to book lol before thinking. Even used my Amex to book, just didnt want to risk loosing by re searching on amex travel. its gone now, tried again.

i am in on it with ORBITZ.......excited....ticket #issued , anz PNR good and also shows up on site. i paid a little extra for straight to and from my hometown PDX ($1575), still worth it for 2 vacations to the south pacific.

Last edited by WrLdTrvLnIndian; Sep 17, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by tonywush
Expedia AU should allow 24h refund. Plus, with no ticket number, I would argue with them that it's not a valid (or complete) booking. I'm in the same situation, my Expedia AU ticket still hasn't ticketed.

From Expedia AU:
If you booked your flight today and cancel before midnight (local time), you might receive a full refund.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
mine booked at 4pm on expedia.ca. NY time zone so perhaps try that
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Expedia AU should allow 24h refund. Plus, with no ticket number, I would argue with them that it's not a valid (or complete) booking. I'm in the same situation, my Expedia AU ticket still hasn't ticketed.

From Expedia AU:
Possibly Expedia US's ticketing system is some kind more "automatic" than its AU version. Especially during the daytime here in US. One more lesson learned!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:52 pm

Curious... on the return, are you eligible to change the date fee free if you have already flown SYD - LAX? I stacked too close to CAI ticket, but had to put out EOS.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
I'm more than curious to see what will happen. It seems that usually TATL EF ranging between 600-800 eur are honoured. This case is so similar yet so different: different carrier, different pond, different regular market price.
let's see.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Looking through this some many good dates next year; and totally can't take advantage of it. Ugh! It's a good one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.