Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]Nz: Syd-lax z $944

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please:
Do NOT call the airline while the fare is still alive!
(Definitely dead now. Plead your case to have your ticket(s) reinstated!)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE]Nz: Syd-lax z $944

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by brodes
Any idea how many flown miles this comes out to?
About 16k miles roundtrip, varying on the route.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by joetraveler99
My confirmed 'e-ticket' from Expedia.au shows business class all the way and on the return. This is what I paid for. However the CheckMyTrip site says: CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, and shows me seated in economy! Anyone else have this problem?
Not me. Fingers crossed. I would be pretty upset if they did this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
I booked with expedia and I received the expedia record locator plus the Air NZ record locator. I can't log into the ANZ R/L (some others have the same issue). But on checkmytrip there is no ticket number as yet. Any idea if this is an issue? How do I get the ticket number to show up?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:56 pm

I booked through cheapoair (same price), ticket issued and have ANZ confirmation number. But when I go to airnewzealand, it doesnt seem I have an eticket yet ... says

Payment summary
See your eTicket and receipt for more details.

I wonder if this was because an OTA, though. All the segments show Biz

NVM I found ticket number on CheapoAir, but the ticket number not on ANZ.

Last edited by surftb15; Sep 18, 2017 at 12:11 am
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:02 am
dss

I was fortunate enough to grab this fare while still active (Orbitz). We already were in AUS for a family trip and this worked our perfectly to get us home. Thanks for sharing!

Quick question - The only routing I was able to find the fare for on our date of travel was a routing from MEL->AKL->LAX. We are actually in Sydney for this part of our trip so it would be MUCH easier to avoid an extra leg and go SYD->AKL->LAX. It there any chance that ANZ would consider allowing me to switch that segment (and i'm happy to pay any fare difference for that segment)? Would it be beyond foolish to call and ask, esp since I am still within the 24 hour cancellation window?

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by earlyriser
I am confused by this as well. The Expedia email actually says that it can be used as an eTicket.
That just means that Expedia is telling their customers to print their confirmation email and use it as a "ticket" at check-in. It contains enough detail for any airline to find the ticket, which Expedia assumes will issue correctly.

It doesn't mean that an Expedia confirmation IS an e-ticket.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I have had many many many Expedia.com.au tickets issued with Qantas and TigerAir and they often do not come with an E-ticket number. Looking back on my past bookings and my current bookings, only some have e-ticket numbers issued - the rest only have PNR. This said, they all have seat numbers allocated.

My experience is that Expedia.com.au does indeed automatically issue an E-ticket, assigns seat and takes your money immediately. It just sometimes does not list your eticket number on your account.

Anyway - I will call them in a week or two to see if there are any issues.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
Originally Posted by davistev
I have had many many many Expedia.com.au tickets issued with Qantas and TigerAir and they often do not come with an E-ticket number. Looking back on my past bookings and my current bookings, only some have e-ticket numbers issued - the rest only have PNR. This said, they all have seat numbers allocated.

My experience is that Expedia.com.au does indeed automatically issue an E-ticket, assigns seat and takes your money immediately. It just sometimes does not list your eticket number on your account.

Anyway - I will call them in a week or two to see if there are any issues.
This data is comforting. Fingers crossed!
earlyriser likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: AirNZ, Qantas
Picked up notification of this deal early this morning, quickly got onto it to find a decent routing and availability to suit a planned trip. Managed to get a stopover in Hawaii on the outward leg for some relax Booked through a premium OTA and the PNR and eticket came through in 5 minutes and immediately showed up (automatically) in my FF profile.

Thanks and well done to those that secured the deal.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by dss
Quick question - The only routing I was able to find the fare for on our date of travel was a routing from MEL->AKL->LAX. We are actually in Sydney for this part of our trip so it would be MUCH easier to avoid an extra leg and go SYD->AKL->LAX. It there any chance that ANZ would consider allowing me to switch that segment (and i'm happy to pay any fare difference for that segment)? Would it be beyond foolish to call and ask, esp since I am still within the 24 hour cancellation window?
Please don't do it. It is very unlikely they will allow the change, even more so they can demand the fare difference.
spizzy likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by dss
It there any chance that ANZ would consider allowing me to switch that segment (and i'm happy to pay any fare difference for that segment)? Would it be beyond foolish to call and ask, esp since I am still within the 24 hour cancellation window?

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance!
As this would be a ticket reissue they would more than likely collect the fare difference for the whole trip (priced at normal levels), and not just the segment SYD/MEL-AKL. You'd be looking at thousands of dollars, not hundreds.

I'd let this one slide, and if honoured, just take a cheapie fare down to Melbourne to connect. Connections in MEL are very simple... all terminals are adjacent to each other and takes less than one minute to walk.
spizzy likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: QF Gold
Greeting from myholidays.com!

We regret to inform you that we are unable to confirm the booking fare that do not exist at airline end. It was issue that happened with our website from the airlines.

We have only pre-authorized your payment. Meaning that amount has been blocked in your account. Since we are unable to confirm the booking we will release the amount.

We are apologizing for any inconvenience caused to you.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
Got two at noonish EST yesterday -Orbitz

thank you so much for the post!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:10 am

Expedia AU ticket got an eticket number overnight!!!
Kudos to AirNZ
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by davem4
Greeting from myholidays.com!

We regret to inform you that we are unable to confirm the booking fare that do not exist at airline end. It was issue that happened with our website from the airlines.

We have only pre-authorized your payment. Meaning that amount has been blocked in your account. Since we are unable to confirm the booking we will release the amount.

We are apologizing for any inconvenience caused to you.
Expedia tickets went thru, try to fight for it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.