Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] KU: CMB-IST $176, and CMB-FCO $204 C Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] KU: CMB-IST $176, and CMB-FCO $204 C Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
Originally Posted by db07mufan
Reporting from the Lounge in KWI! Looks like it’s a go!
thanks for reporting back, my trip will be identical, BKK-CMB with UL, and then KU.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:04 am

Reporting from the Lounge in KWI! Looks like it’s a go! Arrived in CMB from BKK on a UL Flight, proceeded to the transfer counter and the gentleman got both BPs for me including a WHY ALL THE WAY HERE TO GET TO FCO. Was asked to proceed to the lounge (Araliya Lounge, pretty BAD) and he’l deliver the BPs over. Gentleman in front of me got his CMB-FCO-FRA no issues too. I believe he caught on to the fare too.

Got the F seats on the A332 so it was a nice touch. Pretty basic service onboard but for that price what the heck!

Happy travels!
were you able to select the F seats for the CMB-KWI sector through OLCI, or do they have to be manually requested at check in at CMB?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:36 am

Can anyone post a link to seat map of KU A332 plane? Was not able to find a map on their website or in Google search.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by hkgg
were you able to select the F seats for the CMB-KWI sector through OLCI, or do they have to be manually requested at check in at CMB?
Hi all, I flew this on the 4th September, but I've been a bit too busy to report.

Both flights were operated by an A330, but only on the CMB-KWI leg were we able to select the F cabin. This was done on the Kuwait website, prior to OCLI (I checked in at the airport). No issues at all checking in at CMB.

On the CMB-KWI leg, I slept most of the flight, since it was a red-eye. On the day, it appeared that the F cabin wasn't close to empty, but we left full. One family of 6 in particular, seemed very surprised to be where they were sitting, so there may have been a few op-ups.

Can't comment on the catering, as I was asleep most of the flight. Talking to the FA prior to landing, he told me that the catering on the following flight from KWI-MUC would be much better, due to it being ex-KWI, and the greater importance they place on the KWI-EU flights. Didn't receive an amenity kit on this leg either. FA seemed to have a disdain towards working the CMB/Indian sub continent legs, as opposed to EU legs.

Easily got new BP at the transfer desk at KWI, and a quick connect on to MUC. So quick I didn't get a chance to visit the lounge at all.

F cabin on the KWI-MUC flight left empty, and stayed that way during the flight. The C cabin was full, bar two seats. Amenity kits supplied, and catering was acceptable. Blankets seemed much nicer than what was supplied on the CMB-KWI leg.

Surprisingly, I actually slept better on the angle flat seats in the C cabin. The seating is actually a lot more padded what is in the F cabin. In the F cabin, you are provided a very thin underlay, which amounted to nothing but a cleaner surface to lie on. Flying this trip with my wife, I always prefer a 2-2-2 layout (as was in C), instead of the reverse herringbone layout. Flying solo the opposite applies. Both planes and cabins still felt fresh, and well kept.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by magicwonton
Hi all, I flew this on the 4th September, but I've been a bit too busy to report.

Both flights were operated by an A330, but only on the CMB-KWI leg were we able to select the F cabin. This was done on the Kuwait website, prior to OCLI (I checked in at the airport). No issues at all checking in at CMB.

On the CMB-KWI leg, I slept most of the flight, since it was a red-eye. On the day, it appeared that the F cabin wasn't close to empty, but we left full. One family of 6 in particular, seemed very surprised to be where they were sitting, so there may have been a few op-ups.

Can't comment on the catering, as I was asleep most of the flight. Talking to the FA prior to landing, he told me that the catering on the following flight from KWI-MUC would be much better, due to it being ex-KWI, and the greater importance they place on the KWI-EU flights. Didn't receive an amenity kit on this leg either. FA seemed to have a disdain towards working the CMB/Indian sub continent legs, as opposed to EU legs.

Easily got new BP at the transfer desk at KWI, and a quick connect on to MUC. So quick I didn't get a chance to visit the lounge at all.

F cabin on the KWI-MUC flight left empty, and stayed that way during the flight. The C cabin was full, bar two seats. Amenity kits supplied, and catering was acceptable. Blankets seemed much nicer than what was supplied on the CMB-KWI leg.

Surprisingly, I actually slept better on the angle flat seats in the C cabin. The seating is actually a lot more padded what is in the F cabin. In the F cabin, you are provided a very thin underlay, which amounted to nothing but a cleaner surface to lie on. Flying this trip with my wife, I always prefer a 2-2-2 layout (as was in C), instead of the reverse herringbone layout. Flying solo the opposite applies. Both planes and cabins still felt fresh, and well kept.
Thanks a lot for the details! So you mean you were able to select the F seats for CMB-KWI on MMB online?? When I log into the KU website online for my booking, it was still showing the 2-2-2 J class layout for my flight. hmmm...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Was able to select seats in the F cabin on the CMB-KWI sector but not KWI-CMB
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:11 pm

Thanks a lot for the details! So you mean you were able to select the F seats for CMB-KWI on MMB online?? When I log into the KU website online for my booking, it was still showing the 2-2-2 J class layout for my flight. hmmm...
Yes I was able to, along with dietary requirements and assistance etc.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:03 pm

i can't select on F either.

Was able to select seats in the F cabin on the CMB-KWI sector but not KWI-CMB
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: Etihad Plat, A3*G, HHonors DIA, GHA Plat
Thanks to everybody for reporting back! Looks good for the rest of us

I can't seem to select any F seats either... but ah well, I'm quite happy with Business for the price paid
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
Originally Posted by A340_600
Thanks to everybody for reporting back! Looks good for the rest of us

I can't seem to select any F seats either... but ah well, I'm quite happy with Business for the price paid
I think KU sells some A332-200 routes or day/routes without First Class, and that's why you can select rows 1 to 5, the first class seats.

Check these 2 seats maps
Attached Images   
A340_600 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by A340_600
It appears that KU are selling F seats from CMB-KWI for nearly every single day of the year.

Perhaps closer to departure they allow J pax to select F seats if available?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:55 am

Hi All,

Unfortunately we are now unable to use the tickets next month due to some unforseen circumstances.

As such, I will need to request for a cancellation & refund.

Would appreciate any advise on how this can be done as my emails to [email protected] have not been answered.

Thanks very much!!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Squzair
Would appreciate any advise on how this can be done as my emails to [email protected] have not been answered.

Thanks very much!!
Call them.
https://www.kuwaitairways.com/en/contact/kac-offices
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Squzair
Hi All,

Unfortunately we are now unable to use the tickets next month due to some unforseen circumstances.

As such, I will need to request for a cancellation & refund.

Thanks very much!!

Any luck in canceling the ticket ? what were the fees. thanks
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Oasis Club?
pk1969pk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.