Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] KU: CMB-IST $176, and CMB-FCO $204 C Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] KU: CMB-IST $176, and CMB-FCO $204 C Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by cmdsea
Not entirely sure what you are saying but reservations and ticketing are two separate things.

Do you have a reservation number.? If you do, then you can use your last name and the reservation number at "manage booking" at the website here

https://www.kuwaitairways.com/en/Pages/default.aspx

When this opens you should see "reservation information" and your name should be there with an associated ticket number listed. Provided an e-ticket has been issued then all is ok.

If you have a reservation but not an e-ticket, then you might have been unlucky and booked just as the deal got pulled by the airline, meaning your reservation was created but not ticketed in which case you are basically out of luck....
I used a Chase credit card to pay for the flight at kuwait airway website.

eticket number and PNR were generated immediately after booking.

However, the charge on Chase had been sitting in my acct as pending for a few days. after the first reply about cancellation, I went to see my Chase acct. The KU pending charge was gone, and KU actual charge DID not show up. (So I have an eticket that I didnt pay for.)

A few hours later, I logon to my account, the KU charged had shown up with a date Sept 4, 2017.

Last time I checked, my PNR is shown as ticketed at KU website.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Nomad98
Ok. If I change dates, will I pay the repriced fares? or just the change fees?
Will be repriced as this is non flexible rate.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Sorry guys for not getting back to you with more information on my cancelled ticket.

I booked with OTA smartfares.com .

My reservation showed up on Kuwait airways website as well. However, my booking never got to the ticketing stage as I used an OTA that manually checks every ticket so it was my loss in this case. They just refused to ticket it as it was an obvious error. I usually ticket with a bigger agency or direct with the airline but I did not in this case so - lesson learned.

It would seem that those of you that were automatically issued an e-ticket number will be flying. However, it may not be in business class as others have pointed out. My experience in these matters that sometimes they fly you in economy(Ethiopian experience) or even sometimes they change the fares class to make the flight ineligible to earn miles (SQ / Virgin Australia $200 RTN T class flights to Asia experience). I have never been abandoned at the airport by an airline due to an airfare error.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by davistev
Sorry guys for not getting back to you with more information on my cancelled ticket.

My reservation showed up on Kuwait airways website as well. However, my booking never got to the ticketing stage as I used an OTA that manually checks every ticket so it was my loss in this case. They just refused to ticket it as it was an obvious error. I usually ticket with a bigger agency or direct with the airline but I did not in this case so - lesson learned.

It would seem that those of you that were automatically issued an e-ticket number will be flying. However, it may not be in business class as others have pointed out. My experience in these matters that sometimes they fly you in economy(Ethiopian experience) or even sometimes they change the fares class to make the flight ineligible to earn miles (SQ / Virgin Australia $200 RTN T class flights to Asia experience). I have never been abandoned at the airport by an airline due to an airfare error.
Thanks for the reply.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by davistev

That would suck. I would cancel if they would change it to Y.

Then again, my flight out is on 24th September, don't know if i should ask to cancel or try my luck!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by db07mufan

Then again, my flight out is on 24th September, don't know if i should ask to cancel or try my luck!
Take one for the FT team and fly ))
you could be in for a pleasant surprise....
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:26 am

Yeah.. even Kim Jong Un couldn't have resisted, such a fare it was. May KU carry all e-Ticket holders. AMEN.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Croupier
Take one for the FT team and fly ))
you could be in for a pleasant surprise....
Will report ! Wish me luck!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:26 am

Good Luck! And Please report back to us...
I would cancel if were downgraded to Y on KU.
Plus spare the trouble of positioning flight to CMB.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:37 pm

Thanks and good luck. I'll be sending out positive thoughts for a safe comfortable trip :-)

Last edited by Croupier; Sep 7, 2017 at 12:15 am
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
Good luck, being my trip mid october, I am waiting for your report
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver

Good luck tomorrow!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Fabio the Brazilian blogger already flew this without issue.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Fabio the Brazilian blogger already flew this without issue.
cool!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:34 pm

Reporting from the Lounge in KWI! Looks like it’s a go! Arrived in CMB from BKK on a UL Flight, proceeded to the transfer counter and the gentleman got both BPs for me including a WHY ALL THE WAY HERE TO GET TO FCO. Was asked to proceed to the lounge (Araliya Lounge, pretty BAD) and he’l deliver the BPs over. Gentleman in front of me got his CMB-FCO-FRA no issues too. I believe he caught on to the fare too.

Got the F seats on the A332 so it was a nice touch. Pretty basic service onboard but for that price what the heck!

Happy travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.