Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Still a good run before the new Flying Blue system or not?
Still a good one if all completed before 1st of April. 1 run should give you Gold, 2 will give Platinum.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It's not very good mileage run to get miles past April, but it's still a decent status points run,

BEWARE though! - if you fly after April - MOW-IKT only counts as a domestic flight!
Better reroute to Bishkek.
and before april, its better to go to IKT?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You should be using Millemiglia, NOT Flying Blue!!!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SQPPS
I'm not sure there is ever a good time to go there
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Quite OT... Maybe we could get back to the thread title...

Changes of Flying Blue will be discussed at the AF/KL Forum...
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
I understood that the changes applied to the core Flying Blue airlines, AF, KL, etc, but that partners remained the same as before. So maybe MOW-IKT being domestic is irrelevant. I am still working through the relevant thread over in the Air France forum.
For award miles, yes (if you booked on SU stock, which you would as there was no AF c/s yet for summer18 at least until recently) and no (if you booked on AF stock, whether to IKT or elsewhere).

For status miles, now they are called XP and it doesn't matter who you fly, only what cabin and what route.

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
Can anyone tell whether SVO-IKT has posted as 250%?
Also eagerly awaiting this answer... Anyway - weren't you one of those who already flew there? Or was that another Russian gentleman?

Yes, actually an even better run than if there were no changes - status miles are apparently going to convert very well into XP on April 1st.

After April it's decent Experience Gather Flight (to get status points), but not as good as before.
For award mileage it'd be spend linked so it makes no sense to go to IKT anymore.

Originally Posted by SQPPS
Before April it's better to go to IKT as it's as far from SVO as you can get.

After April it's no good for IKT as SVO-IKT is domestic. So you need to fly international, even though it's closer. Might fly to FRU or might fly to EVN.
Actually might as well fly to KSC via PRG; as long as there is a connection between CDG and outlying transit point, and it's not domestic, you'll end up with same 15XP always.
IKT was the only one discovered that was more than 2000 miles from stopover I believe. Under 2000 is all 15XP now. IKT would have been 24 if it wasn't domestic.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You should be using Millemiglia, NOT Flying Blue!!!
Actually nope. these flights earn more than on AZ, as technically they are European (well we don't have actual confirmation yet for SVO-IKT but that's the working version).
And Millemiglia wants more miles for Gold and one might find out soon that Millemiglia is no good anymore for Skyteam.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
After 31 March, you can easily get 180XP or more without going all the way to Russia.

You only need two weekends if you take it easy. You can lower the price if you travel via other destinations such as Warsaw.

Or

Xizm likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Flight Level
After 31 March, you can easily get 180XP or more without going all the way to Russia.

You only need two weekends if you take it easy. You can lower the price if you travel via other destinations such as Warsaw.

Or

impressive! Hats off ...But just remember , this is NOT a mileage run, but a STATUS run..
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
impressive! Hats off ...But just remember , this is NOT a mileage run, but a STATUS run..
Some of itineraries I've priced out [going via IKT on both outbound and inbound, before 1st April] will net over 60k Award Miles if starting as Ivory - many more if one already has a status.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Well with the shorter, intra-Europe schedule it's not a MR proper.
I wonder if it might be possible to cram even more XP into a weekend, seeing as now it can be optimalized for short international flights and destinations like IST don't make as much sense XPwise. TLV then is pretty much the only place that can earn more XP, but it's still worse than 2 short connecting flights.

As per 180XP and status: Note that if you are Ivory, it's 280XP to get to Gold in one trip. 180XP is for Silver to Gold and for requalification.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Flight Level

Or

Is this one also available before the 1st of April?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Xizm
Is this one also available before the 1st of April?
Yes, you can get even more creative with the route then that. Read the thread to see some of the routings.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

Before April it's better to go to IKT as it's as far from SVO as you can get.

After April it's no good for IKT as SVO-IKT is domestic. So you need to fly international, even though it's closer. Might fly to FRU or might fly to EVN.
Actually might as well fly to KSC via PRG; as long as there is a connection between CDG and outlying transit point, and it's not domestic, you'll end up with same 15XP always.
IKT was the only one discovered that was more than 2000 miles from stopover I believe. Under 2000 is all 15XP now. IKT would have been 24 if it wasn't domestic.
I managed to book the longest legs of this route in March, so will be doing the IKT trip then and getting some nice status miles for it. Then the final leg will be to TUN in April. I wanted to check the mileage for it and see it the route will get me to FB Gold but the FB mileage calculator is often broken or not helpful.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
It's me or the Flying Blue calculator is often broken?

So someone can tell me, how much ,at least, level miles can i earn with this run?

I mean for exemple for this itineary: SVG-AMS-CDG-SVO-CDG-IST-CDG-ATH-CDG-AMS-SVG
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
My mistake, I didn't clarify my itinerary. It's indeed a status run instead of a mileage run. Since I am based in Amsterdam, I rather sleep in my own bed every night than on a plane or hotel. That's why I chose to fly short legs only.

If you want to rack up some miles before April 1st, you better go to Yerevan via Moscow or IKT if you have a visa or don't require one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.